Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Are you neo-qabyaaladist?

How do you know if one is a true neo-qabyaaladist. What are the tell-tale signs?

If one finds himself behaving what is listed below, he is close to being a real qabiilist or even spiral towards to a hardcore neo-qabyaaladist.

Qabiilist and qabyaaladist are not really dissimilar, but there are some core differences, foremost one being an extremist into qabiil, hates certain clans and its members, regardless of age, gender and location. To a neo-qabyaaladist, that 'enemy,' they are almost certainly are bad, bad, bad and should not be associated with them whatsoever. While, on the other hand, qabiilist one is a bit tolerant other Soomaalis, perhaps only trying to defend his clan when it is being insulted, but might not even insult back the clan of the offender. Neo-qabyaaladist will not only insult back, but meesha dhan dhiig miiran iyo wax walba ayuu jib jibinaayaa if his clan is slighted the tiniest. And if online, he will troll day in and out as though his life's existence depended on it.

Tell-tale signs of neo-qabyaaladist:

• He is loud talker, says whatever occurs in his mind. He would not hold his tongue, and 'shame' does not exist in his vocabulary.
  • He would violently feel violated if another clan member, especially an 'enemy' clan member, claims his perceived ancestor's land where he believes his forefathers settled from when time was invented. So he would lash back. He would even feel very agitated if someone suggested other clan members live, albeit minority, in that perceived tuulo of 'his' people.
  • He feverishly loves qabyaalad talk. It is his daily 'fix.' Unknown to himself, he is addicted to it, though would deny in a second if being told.
  • He workships his clan, especially his sub-sub-subclan. There is no bad apples in his clan, just only those who are defending themselves, protecting themselves, keeping safe their lands. Even if they raid other clan people's lands and steal camels, they are still defending themselves because, to a hardcore neo-qabyaaladist, that raided clan once killed some two hundred years ago a fellow man from his clan. If this logic can't be found, then it is preemptive -- his clan people are attacking before they are being attacked, whether it will be tomorrow or ten years down the road doesn't matter. His logic always is correct.
  • He, along with his clan members. is always right. His version is the truth and nothing else matters.
  • He is a psychopath. He gleefully enjoys the misfortunes, natural or not, of some certain 'enemy' clans.
  • If online, he searches and searches countless times to see any bad news from some certain 'enemy' clan lands. His happiness would depend how bad the news he finds is. The worse the news from the 'enemy' clan, the better he would feel.
  • He woould always have the last word, especially heated arguments about this tuulo-is-mine,-no-it-is-mine.
  • He likes to compare the dusty towns and villages his clan members settle against others, especially if other towns are settled by 'enemy' clans. He would boast his dusty clan village has a well, one dusty road, one room 'hospital.' As long as he thinks it is better than the 'enemy' clan village. He would search online to reinforce his opinion, even using zoomed Google satellite images.
  • If he hadn't at least insulted a certain 'enemy' clan or a member from that clan, his day isn't completed.
  • To him, Soomaalinimo is a foreign concept, unity outside his clan is unheard of and any gathering by all Soomaalis is weird to him. First true allegiance is his sub-sub-subclan, second his sub-subclan and third his clan. After that, all become foreign concepts.
  • He is the first to be at any clan meetings. And would talk loudly to recite the achievements of his clan in their little dusty towns and villages, whether it was a hundred years ago or yesterday. To him, it is always great, they are wonderful.
  • He has a mental list of 'enemy' clans, updated hourly, daily or weekly depending whatever is happening in his dusty clan village.
  • He most likely lives somewhere in the West.

You can add more.

Dr_Osman   

Nah personally I dont think I am qabyaladist. I just care about my own region and its development so I can one day go back!!! To be frank I could care less about other areas success or failure its not where I will live anyways it doesnt bother me

Somalia   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;771350 wrote:

His version is the truth and nothing else matters.

I'm proud to say I am a "neo-qabyaaladist" cause my version of history is not only correct, it's set in stone.

Turn on BBC or CNN and you'll see it.

Qabil comes up in my life only when nin tolka la aasayo gabadh tolka la bixinayo that's about it Qabyalaadi wa qudhun iska dayaa akhirka waxay kala kaxayneysa adiga iyo walaalkaaga aydan isku bahda ahayn.

Added on the list:

Endless alalaas for qabyaalad wars, with total disregard of the victims of the war and its casualties. Also no shame whatsoever for cheering their clan's war or apparent victory - wrong or not. They are in 2012 physically, but with mentality of someone living some dusty Soomaali village in the year of 1889. Eebboow.

Garnaqsi   

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;775019 wrote:
Added on the list:

Endless alalaas for qabyaalad wars, with total disregard of the victims of the war and its casualties. Also no shame whatsoever for cheering their clan's war or apparent victory - wrong or not. They are in 2012 physically, but with mentality of someone living some dusty Soomaali village in the year of 1889. Eebboow.

I think this is bit more personal than a fair description of neotribalism. :P

Carafaat;775031 wrote:
MMA, many folks from Somaliland, SSC and Puntland qualify according to the mentioned criteria.

Soomaali dhan ayee ku wada jiraan. Gaarisa ilaa Jabuuti, Raaskambooni ilaa Raascaseyr iyo inta u dhaxeyso qabyaaladiiste waa joogaa, regardless ciduu u dhashay.

Raamsade   

A lot of the so-called neo-qabyaalidist are young Somalis reared in the diaspora or who left home while little kids. They see wallowing in Qabiilism as foolproof way of getting in touch with their roots or the vague notion of Somalism. Instead of seeking Somalism or their cultural roots in Somali art, history, nomadism or the fine art of Somali goat shagging they immerse themselves in abject Qabiilism, they engage in qabiilism.