Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Somali Xalimoos for Blacks, Habesha girls for White

Raamsade   

Che -Guevara;768661 wrote:
Talk about objectiving women....

Bal maangaabnimadan eega... if we don't objectify women, what are we supposed to objectify? Goats? Easy now, you don't wanna give some people ideas.

PasserBy   

Bal maangaabnimadan eega... if he don't objectify women, what are we supposed to objectify? Goats? Easy now, you don't wanna give some people ideas.

Raamsade   

Passerby, Lol... that sheep looks so cute. But the clip reminded me of that infamous BBC story about a South Sudanese man forced to marry a goat after he was coat having "sex" with it.

Sudan man forced to 'marry' goat

A Sudanese man has been forced to take a goat as his "wife", after he was caught having sex with the animal.

The goat's owner, Mr Alifi, said he surprised the man with his goat and took him to a council of elders.

They ordered the man, Mr Tombe, to pay a dowry of 15,000 Sudanese dinars ($50) to Mr Alifi.

"We have given him the goat, and as far as we know they are still together," Mr Alifi said.

Mr Alifi, of Hai Malakal in Upper Nile State, told the Juba Post newspaper that he heard a loud noise around midnight on 13 February and immediately rushed outside to find Mr Tombe with his goat.

"When I asked him: 'What are you doing there?', he fell off the back of the goat, so I captured and tied him up."

Mr Alifi then called elders to decide how to deal with the case.

"They said I should not take him to the police, but rather let him pay a dowry for my goat because he used it as his wife," Mr Alifi told the newspaper.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/4748292.stm

Nina Fox   

The affairs of the heart should be free from the shackles of cast and creed. Whatever happened to falling in love? As long as the suitor in question is down with Allah SWT, we must encourage it. This is what my heart says

My mind however sings a different tune. I'd advice Somali's to stick to their own and not step because the inter-racial aspect not only confuses the children but if anything goes wrong (god forbid) the custody battle could get ugly. My friend married a moslem from Guinea (Konakry). Long story short, 3 beautiful kids later, everytime they have a fight he vows, if he gets a chance, he'll one day take the children to his homeland and she will never set eyes on them again. Dhib badanaa aduunkaan.

My heart interrupts my train of thought again and says if a marriage is meant to fail, it fails regardless of the husband/wife being your second cousin or Calibesteen (Red Indian) from the other side of the earth. If Allah SWT meant His creatures to be seperate and never meet, Im sure we'd all be on different planets.....me finkzzz.

My 2 Liras

Juxa   

^^macmac

My personal believe is to stick with our own. I still find it difficult to be ok with the idea, ajnabi equals to ilbaxnimo. this is the case for many ladies. Somali parents iyaguna are more accepting of cadaans than other races, the reason of course waa obvious.

I know waqtigu inuu isbedalay and happiness and jacayl is rated above everything, lakin do people actually think of the consequences if things go wrong? Tolka wont be able to sort things out, award you custody, kick the husband out of the house, force him to pay maintenance yada yada yada?

ps: At times that is difficult to stick with our own as faarax refuses to make any positive contribution nolol iyo geeriba and is the source of misery to millions of somali women.

Showqi   

STOIC;768657 wrote:
Associate with terrorist kulaha...Waar hoyothaa baa terrorist ahh......

Ou la la Stoic is Steaming...........Yaa ka xanaajiyey?

looool@Raamsade

Nina....Is friend still married? I remember this woman and I can't recall her nationality. Her husband threatened to take the kids to his homeland, tired of his bluffing, one day she just got up and disappeared leaving with him four kids age ranging from one to 7. You could imagine the shock he had and the responsibility he was left with. He curses her to this date.

She became weekend mom.

STOIC   

Sorry for the wrong choice of words...the Ethiopian brother got under my skin when he in an indirect and unpleasant way insinuated that we were terrorist while we know his own country has inflicted millions in a sad scenario of suppression and brutality....Sorry for the words on the screen to him too if he can decipher Somali writing.....

Nina Fox   

Che -Guevara;768838 wrote:
Nina....Is friend still married?

They are still together unfortunately. She has developed a heart condition due to excess welwel and went to Germany to get a health check. The only thing thats stopping him in my opinion is that the kids are not legally registered under his name (Somali style). That doesn't stop her from worrying herself to death everytime he is alone with the kids thou. Last time we had this conversation she informed me that she has confiscated all the passports and any documents related to the kids and shifted them to her sister's house (just incase). I dont understand how anyone can stay in an unstable marriage subhanallah. Keeping secrets from your husband/wife, having ulterior motives etc is a whole different ball game. To each their own I suppose.

On a related story. My cousin's Somali ex huband tried to kidnap his kids a couple of years back but his plans were foiled by her sister who sensed something odd. The husband borrowed fake passports from a friend for his 4 children and told the mother he will take them to Manchester for a religious gathering of some sort over the weekend. His sister in-law requested to tag along as he had friends in Manchester. After several attempts to disuade her, he gave up and took her with them. Upon arriving in Manchester he asked the sister-in-law to stay the night with his "Male" friend as he had no room for her at the hotel. Her first suspicion was how on earth could a so-called man of the Kitaab request her of such a thing. She refused and stuck with them like super-glu. Needless to say he confided in one of the eldest about the plan and they told the habaryar. If my cousin wouldn't have accompanied them I suspect the kids would be in Somalia by now. My point is------this misunderstanding of the genders had little to do with differing ethnicity and more to do with communication and mutual respect, Im sure.

Sorry to hijack the topic, sheekaba sheekeey keentaa aan maqli jirey. My apologies :)

Xaaji Xunjuf;768632 wrote:
Horta Abtigis markastaba meel cidhidhi bu isku dhex tuura lol Abtigis from what clan are the girls who marry black men since you know waxa is pipbgereya.

What colour are somalis, yellow? You probably mean ethnic background rather than colour. Economic, national and ethnic politics means it is probably more acceptable (in somalia) for somali women to marry white men or african american muslims or african americans in general (in that order, descending), but where communities rub up against each other (e.g. in Nairobi) or where the situation is dire (e.g. in Kenya's refugee camps, which are choc-full of somali families happy and willing to let their daughters marry anyone who will get them out of those hellholes), intermarriages happen with unremarkable regularity.

In some cases it has assumed alarming manifestations for somalis: somali men losing their wives to kenyans in refugee camps, for example (see http://goo.gl/5LZzw).

At any rate, people have been intermarrying for millenia and will continue to do so, regardless of prevailing or perceived social or tribal norms or mores.

rantingmrp;769872 wrote:
What colour are somalis, yellow? You probably mean ethnic background rather than colour. Economic, national and ethnic politics means it is probably more acceptable (in somalia) for somali women to marry white men or african american muslims or african americans in general (in that order, descending), but where communities rub up against each other (e.g. in Nairobi) or where the situation is dire (e.g. in Kenya's refugee camps, which are choc-full of somali families happy and willing to let their daughters marry anyone who will get them out of those hellholes), intermarriages happen with unremarkable regularity.

In some cases it has assumed alarming manifestations for somalis: somali men losing their wives to kenyans in refugee camps, for example (see
).

At any rate, people have been intermarrying for millenia and will continue to do so, regardless of prevailing or perceived social or tribal norms or mores.

"Intermarrying for millenia???" What are you on about? These are Soomaalis. Nothing to do with Kenyaati. To you, you might call them "Soomaali-Kenyans," but to us Soomaalida, they are as Soomaali as me and any other Soomaali. We don't make no distinguish between the Soomaali in Gaarisa and the one in Jabuuti. We are all Soomaalis.

The 1st thing that a hommie needs to learn when passes the age of 18, is that u cant be a bonaani watchman! lol...Remember what happened to Adam when he was in heaven, he got screwed by his lady eve!!

that said, all hommies need to understand that, woman are naturally uncontrollable so let them loose! since thats their natural state.

if u still having problems understanding it, then u got all pain coming on your way!! i have 3 xalimo neighbors that are married to ajaanib, i see what pain they going through....but hey.........its your live so deal with it.