Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

The Minority Christians in Somaliland and Somalia

Difficile de fêter Noël dans certains pays d’Afrique, comme par exemple, en Somalie, où la situation est très instable et où l’insécurité règne. Une insécurité qui touche particulièrement les chrétiens du pays. Aujourd’hui il ne reste plus qu’une centaine de catholiques dispersés sur ce grand territoire. Et il en est de même pour le Somaliland. Dans ces deux régions, Noël sera donc fêté individuellement, comme nous l’explique Mgr Giorgio Bertin, évêque de Djibouti et administrateur apostolique de Mogadiscio

=

Difficult to celebrate Christmas in some African countries, such as in Somalia, where the situation is very unstable and insecure reign. Insecurity, particularly affecting the country's Christians. Now it only remains one hundred Catholics scattered over this great land. And it is the same for Somaliland. In both regions, Christmas will be celebrated individually, as explained by Bishop Giorgio Bertin, Bishop of Djibouti and Apostolic Administrator of Mogadishu

FULL SPEECH HERE

Somalina   
:D Soomaali gaalo ah aqbaar cusub ma ahan awoowe. 100% waan isku maaweelin jirney anagoo og iney xaqiiqda ka fog tahay ama aan unintentionally war u hayn.

Polanyi   

JB supports the arrest and imprisonment of innocent sheikhs like the recent fellow who was arrested for simply creating a political party based on Islamic law in Hargeysa. On the other hand, he campaigns for the rights of unknown and imaginary groups in Somaliland. Tolow, i wonder if he is trying to get a raise on his UN mushahar for christmas. ha ha.

OdaySomali;767754 wrote:
JB are you Christian ?

Let me ask you this....do you consider a Somali person who doesn't pray x5 a day a Muslim? What's your definition of a Muslim/Gaal? I know so many Somalis here in Minnesota who are just Muslims by name, and do everything that Islam prohibits. Things like drink/smoke/etc.

I dunno if there are any Somali-Christians, but i sure do kno there are MANY more non.practicing Somalis who just claim to be Muslim by name. I'd respect a Somali Christian who is upfront about their DIIN (Gaalonimo) than i would someone who claims to be Muslim but never practice.

Just my 2 shillings. :)