Sign in to follow this  
Haashim

Why She Became A Muslim

Haashim   

Shaikh Khidir, a Khateeb in Toronto, narrated the following conversion incident of a woman during a Friday sermon last year. He mentioned that a Non-Muslim woman moved to a Muslim country for some business purposes. As she stayed among the Muslims and saw their lifestyle, she was impressed and wanted to learn more about Islam. As a result, she started borrowing books from the local library about Islam. A Muslim lady in the library used to ask her often if she was convinced to become a Muslim yet. She would reply that the time hasn't come yet. One day as she got some books from the library and was walking back home, the iqamah for coming to the prayer was called in a masjid accross the road. She observed that a person who was sweeping the floor had left his work and stood on the line to pray and right beside him stood a rich man who came to the masjid driving a very expensive car. At that moment, she decided to become a Muslim as she was greatly impressed by seeing that in Islam there is no difference between the rich and the poor when they stood in front of Allah.

"O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allah is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa [i.e. one of the Muttaqun (pious)]. Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware." Holy Quran, Surah Al-Hujuraat, 49:13

Mujahida   

AsalamaAlaykum

(y) Wardi Jezekelah brother.

there is no difference between the rich and the poor when they stood in front of Allah.

That is what makes Islam a beautiful religion. We're all the slaves of Allah! What is visible to Allah is our Imaan and our good deeds that we do for his sake only. Truly everyhing else means nothing!

Alahu Akbar!

Raxmah   

Alhamdulilah

A beautiful article indeed. Islam is beuatiful, is only the people that makes it look bad sometimes, if we all lived by islam and practiced islam the way we are supposed to, there will be more ppl converting, but we sometimes fail to realize how our actions is what the ppl see, and if they see something good, the more they will be interested. Inshallah we all strive to making our actions better, so we can teach others.

Haashim   

If ALLAH wants Hidayah for someone he shows Islam from the positive perspectives and if not he shows Islam from negative perspectives.

Xafsa   

Muraad thank you bro for sharing that with us.

It just goes to show you just how perfect our religion is.

Thierry.   

Muraad, boss that really a nice article and shows that in Islam their no barriers when it comes to worshiping Allah

Mujahida   

Oh What was I thinking?! :confused: I'm sorry Muraad SubhanaAllah

Jezekelah akhi, I must've replied to one of wardi's posts and jumped right into this one.

Thanks, and sorry! smile.gif

Wardi thanks for correcting me Brother.

Haashim   

Laa Shukra Calal Waajib (No thanks for the duty), You welcome Bros/Sisters Maanshaallah, when i was posting this thread i really didn't expected all these beutiful responds, and if this is showing something it shows how all of you love your beautiful religion.

Taking advantage from your responds i want to suggest this: Do you believe that we are real fellowers of our noble reliogion particullarly if you look back to our origin country - Somalia -(and even here in the west) and other muslim countries overall. Are not , envy, hating each other, ignorance, greedy, selfishness, negative competition and many other bad attitude become our daily life pattern?

As this and other Ayas and Hadiths didn't reveal on us but on other nations.

"And if two parties (or groups) among the believers fall to fighting, then make peace between them both. But if one of them outrages against the other, then fight you (all) against the one that which outraes till it complies with the Command of Allah. then if it complies, then make reconcialation between them justly, and be equitable, verily, Allah love those who are the equitable.

O you who believe! Avoid much suspicious; indeed some suspicious are sins. and spy not; neither backbite one another, would one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother? you would hate it (so hate backbiting) and fear Allah is the one who forgives and accepts repenteance, Most Merciful.

O mankind! we have created you from a male and female and made you into nations and tribes that you know on another. verily, the most honourable of you with Allah is that (believer) who has AL-Taqwa... verilly Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware."

Surah Al-Hujurat (49:9-13)

where we are in these Aays?

I will give two examples which shows you that we ignored these and many other Ayas and Hadiths.

1. Who reconciles if two muslims fight each other including somali groups?

2. Who of us do not hate other muslim brother/sister including his/her fellow somalis?