Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Somaliland students in Malaysia using Somaliland passport

Somalia   

It's so pathetic that I feel dirty responding to this.

You might as well believe you have a seat in the UN.

@Jacaylbaro, do you actually believe this is true? :D

Somalia   

Wallahi I feel sympathy for you, you actually believe people travel on fake passports by fake enclaves.

God bless, this is my new passport and I am going to Malaysia too.

Nagorno-Karabakh_passport.jpg&sa=X&ei=eM

Thankful   

Jacaylbaro;762001 wrote:
Way duushay dee ,,,,
:D

Lol, of course this photo is real right, but when we show you one of your so-called health minister representing Somalia, you consider it photo shopped right?

I am going to get a Puntland passport made up and then have some youngsters stand at an airport holding them in their hands.

Thankful   

Jacaylbaro;762186 wrote:
Who wants to believe a Pirate dee .... ??
:D

Lol!!! Piracy or Drugs both are inexcusible!

Still i'd bet that that more money is made from "571 Allah Amin" drug cartel!

NW Somalia's addict economy

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/africa/090715/somalias-addict-economy

Although he would not reveal how much the company makes, it is estimated that its revenue is $320,000 a day.

A must read article, this is the current dilemma that is facing a non- recognised government. An article from a renowned freelance broadcast journalist. The title says its ALL!

Passport to Nowhere

One intriguing, unusual problem that citizens of the breakaway republic of Somaliland face is which passport to carry. Under the Somaliland constitution they are required to travel on a Somaliland passport. But there is a snag: the international community has for the last 17 years refused to recognise Somaliland as an independent, sovereign State. In the eyes of international law this isolated, impoverished, yet relatively stable region of the Horn of Africa remains a part of Somalia. Present a Somaliland passport to any immigration officer and he will send you back in the direction you arrived.

I am told this is exactly what happened to President Dahir Rayale Kahin in the United States a couple of years back.

The other option is to hold a Somali passport. This however is illegal under Somaliland law. But a Somali passport is desperately easy to get hold of. At various roadside junctions in central Hargeisa currency vendors sit at battered metal containers piled high with brick-size wedges of Somaliland shillings, US dollars and Euros. Wedged into these stacks of cash are Somali passports.

Somali_Passport “We sell these passports because our government is not recognised, so if we want to do business outside Somaliland we have to use this document”, 26 year old Hussein told me flicking through the front pages of a pristine Somali passport. Adding ones details is no sweat – simply glue a photo over the box that says ‘picture’ and fill in your details by hand. A minister’s signature is required from Mogadishu – if indeed there is a Minister of Immigration -but that is easily circumvented.

“We just forge the signature”, Hussein said nonchalantly.

“And the Somaliland officials turn a blind eye?” I asked. “Of course they do”, smiled Hussein, “They have to travel on these passports too”.

So, should you want one, for $42 a Somali passport is yours on the streets of Hargeisa

aero   

Let me play devil's advocate here. How exactly are we to know that those passports were actually used and accepted by the Malaysian immigration and customs department? I, as anyone on this website can take photos of ourselves in our local airports holding up any de-facto state we claim to be from.

Somalia   

aero;762338 wrote:
Let me play devil's advocate here. How exactly are we to know that those passports were actually used and accepted by the Malaysian immigration and customs department? I, as anyone on this website can take photos of ourselves in our local airports holding up any de-facto state we claim to be from.

Ding ding ding!! Exactly my point.

Thankful   

Edna Aden use to walk around with one with stamps she claimed was from the EU and other countries.

Nonetheless, what it comes down to is that when some secessionists on here are shown photo's of the health minister from their enclave representing Somalia at a UN Summit, they claim it is photohopped. However, this photo is expect to be 100% authentic!