Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Is a Somali Consensus within reach?

Carafaat   

After 30 years of civil war, 20 years without a functioning government, 17 failed central goverments, reconciliation facilitated(some would say interference) by all neighbouring countries, being classified as failed, the most needy and the worst country in the world and decades of heated debates on cause and effect of the conflict, rights and wrongs, clan size's and territorities, governance distributions and structures, I have the feeling that Somali's have become ripe for peace and are are slowly coming to a consensus on most national and the wide issue's. And that is just a matter of time for the right leadership to take the initiative and follow the right path for reconciliation and building consensus on governing structure for Somalia.

How I come to this idea that the Somali conflict is coming to an end? Well, for more then two decades the political discussions between Somali's here in my home town, other places and online was quite polarized. People were very principal and almost 'idealistic' about their own political goals, stood firm behind their clan representative/ factions/warlords cq politicians or felt more or less ownership about a particular goverment depending on who has which post or how posts were divided, debates were very heated and emotional, people seemed to lack any empathy for eachothers vieuwpoints which most of the time led to a complete lack of nuance, political polarization and a deadlock for reaching consensus on the way forward.

But nowadays most Somali's I speak to a very nuanced, dont have extreme own agenda's and ideals about how a future Somalia look like, how many posts their clan should get, show more empathy for eachothers stance and seem to be more ready then ever for reaching a Somali wide concensus.

What do you guys think? Is a Somali wide concensus indeed within reach? Or does it only that way because the focus and the stakes shifted to regions of origin(SSC, Mudug, Galmudug, ASWJ, Goballada dhexe, Azania, etc) ?

True endless confrontation r many yearning for some semblance of governing but my intuition tells me SL will go & the rest will have some kind lose federation.

burahadeer;759165 wrote:
True endless confrontation r many yearning for some semblance of governing but my intuition tells me SL will go & the rest will have some kind lose federation.

SL will go? May I ask, on what grounds? Do they have the right to "go"?

Abdul   

The somali conflict could have ended long time ago but it was prolonged by corrupt,selfish leaders.But the country is now moving slowly in the right direction and hopefully peace and governance will take hold.

Abdul;759178 wrote:
The somali conflict could have ended long time ago but it was prolonged by corrupt,selfish leaders.But the country is now moving slowly in the right direction and hopefully peace and governance will take hold.

I can't wait, till the disorder in Southern Somalia comes to an end and a multiple Army Units move up to North-Western Somalia to disarm the SNM militia. lol

Carafaat   

burahadeer;759165 wrote:

Should Somaliland play a role in facilitating of a concensus between these future states of Somalia?

A_Khadar   

Niiko.. After 20 years of no recognition, the NW region of somalia will come to their right mind and stop wasting their energy with the failed project.

A_Khadar;759358 wrote:
Niiko.. After 20 years of no recognition, the NW region of somalia will come to their right mind and stop the wasting their energy with the failed project.

How is Somaliland failed with all its achievements the past 20 years don't be a xaqiir abti

A_Khadar;759358 wrote:
Niiko.. After 20 years of no recognition, the NW region of somalia will come to their right mind and stop the wasting their energy with the failed project.

Looooool, well put !

A_Khadar   

Xaaji Xunjuf;759377 wrote:
How is Somaliland failed with all its achievements the past 20 years don't be a xaqiir abti

Of course they completely failed with their circus performance in everywhere while seeking THE recognition in the last 20 years.. No single recognition thus far even nothing from S. Sudan after visiting semi-necked S. Sudaneses just to embark a recognition... If that isn’t a failure in your books, then Somlia's 20 years of stateless and the endless fight isn't a failure either in my books..

Now you will come around and say with your weak argument that there is peace and stability in the place you warship, s/l, and I will tell you that say that to my rear because just last year alone more than hundreds of lives are lost with many more wounds beside the thousands displaced if I don't mention the losses of properties and businesses. It happened many more times one being the last one in Cerigaabo days ago.

So tell me waxaan kaa xaqiray... May be waxaan xaqiray inaan sheego cuqdada iyo xanuunka aad somalia u haysaan..

^ LOL

Walle Khadar wa rageedii ! He even knows the mindset of this Somalidiid named Xaji Xunjuf and his crew. He knows how they argue, kulaha "Now you will come around and say with your weak argument that there is peace and stability in the place you warship" LOOOOL

Dabrow   

Theres alot to do, but I'm hopefull for the Future of Somalia. Without Somalia then this charade of humiliation and starvation will be forever.

People are slowly awaking from their clanish mindset and realize that the only way is forward for Somalia is to come togheter.

Malika   

^The awakening is at a very slow pace - one could even argue that Somali clannish mindset is actually worse then one can ever remember. I