Sign in to follow this  
Somalia

Tom Hanks Desperately Seeking Somalis

Somalia   

Sony Pictures is seeking Somalis in Minneapolis to appear in a new Tom Hanks movie, “Capt. Phillips.”

Auditions will be held Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Brian Coyle Center. The casting call is for black actors or non-actors, preferably born in Africa.

The roles are for men ages 15 to 45, women ages 20 to 30, and boys ages 7 to 10. Those auditioning should bring a current photo, if available. Photos will not be returned.

Hanks is slated to play the lead of Richard Phillips, a cargo ship captain held hostage by Somali pirates for several days in 2009. Phillips eventually was rescued when a Navy sharpshooter picked off three of the pirates.

Minneapolis was chosen for auditions because of its large Somali population.

– Associated Press

http://blog.chron.com/celebritybuzz/2011/11/tom-hanks-desperately-seeking-somalis/

Hell yeah!

1239704376_michael_tackles_toby.gif

Alderman   

Auditions will be held Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Brian Coyle Center. The casting call is for black actors or non-actors, preferably born in Africa.

WHAT-THE-F***!!!

Not only do they call Somalis black, but they think that any Johnny Foreigner born in Africa looks like a Somali! WTF!!!!

Aaliyyah   

I bet you west Africans will take the position of being Somalis. If you notice all those movies with somalis, west africans play somalis. Like Black Hawk Down, acuudubilaah those weren't somalis.

salaam

Som@li   

Conditions are you have to be SKINNY ,, rumour says most somalis who lined up were fatty, cuz of chunk food in America

I liked most of Tom Hanks movies, he's a good actor. Even if they use non.Somalis for this film i'd still go see it though. Anyone know when its coming out?

Malika   

Aaliyyah;756267 wrote:
I bet you west Africans will take the position of being Somalis. If you notice all those movies with somalis, west africans play somalis. Like Black Hawk Down, acuudubilaah those weren't somalis.

salaam

Why the 'acuudubillahi' ?