Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

''You must pay 1,000,000SLSH Blood Money Insurance Policy'' - Alpha's Uncle

so.... my uncle from my dad side of the family is an official caaqil. i know this because he showed me his card which was issued by the ministry of the interior. now he wants me to pay 1,000,000SLSH for the misdemeanours of 'other' members of the family. its like 'this' family are all petty criminals and engage in daily killings that make the rwandan genocide look insignificant. i dont want to be part of this insurance policy. its not like i'm the one doing the killing and destroying other peoples properties. this is pathetic!

Pay the money. You need to cover yourself, in case you're forced to kill or maim somebody in the future. This is the only real benefit of qabiil for pathetic criminals.

Valenteenah.;755345 wrote:
Pay the money.
You need to cover yourself, in case you're forced to kill or maim somebody in the future
. This is the only real benefit of qabiil for pathetic criminals.

LOL@VAL....

I'm gearing up for the mother of all wars. these people are taking liberties.

Oz   

Valenteenah.;755345 wrote:
Pay the money. You need to cover yourself, in case you're forced to kill or maim somebody in the future. This is the only real benefit of qabiil for pathetic criminals.

looool

Are we suppose to advise you whether/not to kill people?

i'm sorry but i dont see why i should pay all $180 by myself..... my two brothers in the UK are exempt miyaa??. its like 'these' people share everything, 'our house', 'our cars', 'our women' etc..... its pathetic. ultimately, i'm only responsible for myself and no-one else. so.... is there any point in paying this money?, since i'm less likely to engage in violence. this blood money insurance policy should be reformed, i think.

if its going to keep the peace then i'll be forced to pay. such is the level of decentralisation in somaliland that even bloody money has become part of the state machinery. this is to be applauded. if i dont pay then the peace of my country is at risk. i must all i can to maintain peace and order. mashallah.

Juxa   

You are talking about Qaaraanka-tolka right?

blood money is DIYO and only paid when someone is actually killed unlawfully.

if it is qaaraan well pay it, it is used to help others in difficult situations, such as sick people or to bury the dead when they cant afford funeral.

Juxa   

Qaaraan = charity, a monetary contribution to your tol/qabiil/distant family. all the men contribute, I think in london it is £10 or bit more, paid every once a while. when someone lasoo sheego normally from back-home who is ill, or kids ill, or wife/husband dies, then the money is sent to them.

On occassions the money is used to buy weapons to defend the qabiil etc but most people (decent people) object to that. Qaaraan is paid by the men only, unless they are all losers/unemployed and ladies have to pay. if your brothers or father pays, you shont pay. one sum per family.

Diyo = blood money, it is not monthly or annual contribution but only when something happens. xyz family pays $$$$ blood money cause nacaskii ina hebel ahaa killed a man from another family, to avoid bloodshed, Diyo is paid.

I would suggest inaad qaaraanka waxka bixisid as it is effectively charity, altho $180 maybe bit too much but then again you can share with your brothers.

Malika   

^Hadhu qof jiiro accidentaly, he needs not to pay any magta - me assumes.

Juxa - surely, one should pay charity when they want, not when the clan decides - more so how much one should be paying. You say its £10 for some, alle walla ii dacee..lol

Alpha - poor you, you got to change your thinking frame, your no longer in the world were individualism is the norm. Where you are, your money is the clan money, your life is the clan life..Lol