Sign in to follow this  
omar12

How would you solve Somalia's problems?

omar12   

Hi, I was just wondering what the people on this forum thought, Im sure this question must have been raised before but i

couldn't help to ask. Everyone always says that the solution to Somalia's problems can only be solved only by Somalis so I am

interested to hear some of your ideas.

Like how you think its best to deal with issues like, but not limited to

1. clan violence

2. piracy

3. weak economy

4. terrorism/security problems

5. political gridlock

6. corruption

Piracy is not a bad thing per se if it stops illegal fishing and it brings in money. The importance of economy at this point in time is debatable but IMO that should be on the back burner. I don't think terrorism is a good category in Somalia's context. The others are all legitimate points of discussion. Corruption could perhaps be changed to 'corrupt/inept political elite'.

Before you jump to how, why do you want to solve Somalia's problem. Are you sincere in your endeavor? What's is your motive? Are you looking for money or to achieve kursi ama clan hegemony. There must be sinister motive and it will come out very soon. What's your clan horta?

Yunis   

Omar12 - where were you last 20 years my dear brother?

don't wait solution from Somalis. We have passed that stage. Somalia is in hands foreign entities and faceless mercenaries.

an other 1 or 2 decades from now - that cursed land will be shared and divided to African countries, after UN care-taker period is over. There is gonna be two dozen semi autonomous Tolka-states under Uganda, Burindi, Etho.....and if SOL exists by then we'll be arguing who has it better.

omar12   

Ok, interesting stuff.

1.OdaySomali, with regard to piracy it might not be a huge domestic threat, however having such an orginized,well funded, and powerful

crime entity challenges the legitimacy of any government whether now or in the future. Also from the large ransoms they get, they inflate

prices and hurt the local poor. Plus stealings just not cool, lol

2.Qandalawi, im a little confused. You cant be serous?

Alderman, that sounds actually pretty good but its very hard to do, people are very skeptical of secular governments it reminds them of Barre. It

would most likely give al shabbab more bases to fight and recruit more members, couse they would paint govt as unIslamic.

Your prediction is scary, but one thing is certain the land is not cursed but blessed and endowed by God's bounty, the people are .... huh forget about them - pure monkeys dressed in safari, but there is a troubling question to all - Who is Somalis enemy? lets define the enemy! before looking for solutions.