Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Historic Documentary's

Videos of some of the Djiboutian ministers's speeches about the constitutional referendum in September 1992:

The son of Thomas, who was my younger brother schoolmate, offered him his Sonic 3, which combined with our Sonic & Knuckles to form almost a new game:

We only had that title as it came with our Sega MegaDrive (bought early april 1996);

I was disappointed when mum took my elder bro and he came back with the Sega, as I was impressed by the earlier Super Nintendo (with Street Fighter 2 title) that dad brought from France in 94 but could not connect with local TVs.

I soon was more impressed with Sonic and the mega drive as we had lots of fun up to end of 1996 (including during our stay in Hargeysa around 14 July-28 September 1996).

A golden period those early 90s indeed...

Becoming a minister was a dream back then too (stable and comfortable career; unlikely to run out of game titles) : D

PS: President Hassan Gouled (77-99) returning from a sudden hospitalisation in France (end of 96 if I remember well), the masses are lining up the road from the airport to the Bait-Al-Wali presidential palace:

@Carafaat - great and timely thread. Attaboy!

There was an excellent documentary by the grandson of Richard Burton retracing the steps of the old man from Seylac to Harar, can't seem to find it.

Haatu   

QansaxMeygaag;918695 wrote:
There was an excellent documentary by the grandson of Richard Burton retracing the steps of the old man from Seylac to Harar, can't seem to find it.

You better find that. There's no way you're gonna tell me such a vid exists without posting it.

Haatu;918722 wrote:
You better find that. There's no way you're gonna tell me such a vid exists without posting it.

Ok abti ;)

I remember bookmarking it in one of my computers, now you have given me a homework for the next few days lol. Will "leave no stone unturned" in this quest, as your Kenyan politicians like saying!

D.O.C   

Some so called somali people love somalia now than ever before, i mean where have you been all that time? .......... Were you transforming apes?

Carafaat   

Safferz;936397 wrote:
Great thread! Will have to download all of these in case they disappear
:P

That would be a disaster. Lets hope SOL will exist till the end of times.

Safferz   

D.O.C;936819 wrote:
Some so called somali people love somalia now than ever before, i mean where have you been all that time? .......... Were you transforming apes?

I think most of us here belong to the civil war generation, so there's a sense of nostalgia for the Somalia we learned about from the memories of our parents, since we were either too young to remember or born during/after the collapse.

D.O.C   

Safferz;936821 wrote:
I think most of us here belong to the civil war generation, so there's a sense of nostalgia for the Somalia we learned about from the memories of our parents, since we were either too young to remember or born during/after the collapse.

I don't know what civil war you are referring to but the war is still going on and unfortunately these somalis are sitting on the comfort of their houses in Europe or US posting some past youtube clips, expecting Kenyans, sierre leonese, ethiopians, ugandans, brundise, and now egiptians to free YOUR country lol, how silly? These law makers of yours can't even agree on jubbaland issues.

Safferz   

D.O.C;936839 wrote:
I don't know what civil war you are referring to
but the war is still going on and unfortunately these somalis are sitting on the comfort of their houses in Europe or US posting some past youtube clips, expecting Kenyans, sierre leonese, ethiopians, ugandans, brundise, and now egiptians to free YOUR country lol, how silly? These law makers of yours can't even agree on jubbaland issues.

... the one that explains why we're in Europe and North America in such large numbers in the first place?