Sign in to follow this  
burahadeer

Can somaliland save the day?

The problems in somalia has been incessantly turning down road last 20yrs,ofc there were times you see light at the end of the tunnel but it happened to be short lived.I'm turning my eyes to ordinary somalis, and what mostly agree,atleast it seems there won't be easy road to stability as long as SL is missing.There is too much animosity & destruction that occured all these yrs,it's a very fragile situation,they added.

There are basically 3 regions vying for power:

1-PL

2-Mid regions(galk-mog)

3-Juba areas(basically Baidoba).

and the 4th being Shabab need no explanation(mostly web of smaller clans )that thought terror mechanism as the end justifies the means.

The first 2 were historically power brokers & had many mini wars among themselves,but the 3rd had always been at the bottom of the political chain even though they might be equivalent or more numerous at best, and on top of that have the best farming land...they took the brunt of civil war & famine in that area(Mogadishu is different situation).They came out well armed & more aware.It was quite customary for any somali gov't to focus their eyes on this region, confisicate, grab & buy land from locals,thus reducing them to subsistence farming & more hardship.But that's history now.

As one put it somalilanders were like a hot dog in a bun here; Siyad & the ones before play the regional card enabling them to run their corruption smoothly,so basically it was North V south & that's the missing link! It brought down a whole school of thought...Somali nationalism!

So can somaliland intervene politically tryin to help stabilize without otha side putting too much weight on secession.

We certainly aware of every intl sponsored trial has failed;

it certainly been in upheaval long time to leave them stranded.It breaks my heart to see women & children begging the streets of hargeisa & burao,then I look at my children & thank God.

Somalia   

Why the hell would Somalia go there when it can learn from Turkey, Ethiopia and the rest? It's so offensive and totally reflects the "snobbery" of the people living in that region..

Carafaat   

I think there is no other country more familiar with the situation in Somalia then Somaliland. Somaliland is more familiar with the situation then Djibouti, Kenya, Ethiopia,Sudan, Egypt, etc. Somaliland has a bigger interest in a peacefull solution for Somalia then all those countries that have tried to take the reconciliation initiatives.

So, therefor its only logic that if Somaliland's supports is needed (to facilitate reconciliation efforts, support the pacification of Somalia, or support governance) it does all that it can. Ofcourse under the rigth circumstances and with certain conditions.

Somalia   

There will be 2 power blocks when Al-Shabaab is gone, Mogadishu/South and Garowe/North. There will be no power in Baidoa as Al-Shabaab is mostly made up of people from those regions.

How will SL be able to negotiate between PL and the south when PL trusts the south more than it does SL? Just step into a café in London owned by SLers and you'll see why.

PL and the south can determine their own future. There is no hostility, we look at the bigger picture now.

Carafaat   

Somalia;751331 wrote:
There will be 2 power blocks when Al-Shabaab is gone
, Mogadishu/South and Garowe/North. There will be no power in Baidoa as Al-Shabaab is mostly made up of people from those regions.

How will SL be able to negotiate between PL and the south when
PL trusts the south more than it does SL?
Just step into a café in London owned by SLers and you'll see why.

PL and the south can determine their own future. There is no hostility, we look at the bigger picture now.

You think Al Shabaab will just go and dissapear? Or that AMISOM will do the job?

Somalia;751331 wrote:
There will be 2 power blocks when Al-Shabaab is gone, Mogadishu/South and Garowe/North. There will be no power in Baidoa as Al-Shabaab is mostly made up of people from those regions.

How will SL be able to negotiate between PL and the south when
PL trusts the south more than it does SL?
Just step into a café in London owned by SLers and you'll see why.

"and Garowe North" hahaa...and you wana put the jubas under the carpet,rule thm like before & take their farms.They r more in number than PL can eva achieve,armed & dangerous! and what about between galkayo & Mogadishu.Is that puntland,too...Idinkuna faan baa dunida ku rogeysaan :D:D:D

Carafaat;751323 wrote:
I think there is no other country more familiar with the situation in Somalia then Somaliland. .
[/b]

Correction: knowing that there is no country called SL and giving you the benefit of the doubt, or paraphrasing your sentence, I reckon you meant to say that there is no city more closer to Hargeisa(hence poeple) than it's capitall Mogadishu. Granted this to be true, however, If that is the case then why does your politician believe and I quote "A boy born in Adis Ababa is closer to me than the one born in Mogadishu"

I wonder why? Just ponder.

Carafaat   

Qandalawi;751466 wrote:
Correction: knowing that there is no country called SL and giving you the benefit of the doubt, or paraphrasing your sentence, I reckon you meant to say that there is no city more closer to Hargeisa(hence poeple) than it's capitall Mogadishu. Granted this to be true, however, If that is the case then why does your politician believe and I quote
"A boy born in Adis Ababa is closer to me than the one born in Mogadishu"

I wonder why? Just ponder.

Those are his words and not mine. I clearly dont agree with him.

Now, your politician brought 30.000 Xabashi's to Moqdishu and slaughtered tens of thousands of people and destroyed the city of Moqdishu. May I assume you agree with those action and share his line of thinking?