Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

The Tears of Somalia

erdoganresized.jpg

In Turkish culture, it is believed that something good will come out of all bad experiences. In Somalia, too, this disaster can mark the beginning of a new process by focusing international humanitarian efforts and global attention on the plight of the region. However, this situation will only be sustainable if we continue to be sensitive to the needs of the Somali people.

The tears that are now running from Somalia's golden sands into the Indian Ocean must stop. They should be replaced by hopeful voices of a country where people do not lose their lives because of starvation and where they express their eagerness to develop and restore peace and stability. Regardless of which culture we come from or where we live, I am confident that our common heritage as human beings will motivate us to ease the suffering of Somalia.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/10/10/the_tears_of_somalia?page=0,0

Yunis   

Thx for the link - What a trailblazer this guy is.

"By supporting the restoration of peace and stability efforts, we will work with the Transitional Federal Government and other institutions in Somalia in order to launch the development process of this shattered country. To this end, we expect all Somali authorities to demonstrate an extraordinary effort in unity, integrity, and harmony."

If only we had leadership in those qualities, that can utilize what Erdogan has embarked towards Somalia - I really want to be hopefull but I am afraid Turky will get dissapointed.