Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Somalia: The Playground of Humanitarian ‘Pirates’

NGONGE   

^^ War bacda iska fur dee. Ninkan Xamar ayaa ilaa barigi oo yara loo amaani jiray (maca kuwa SOL jooga), marko tegay na oo arkay magaalada sida ay o egtahay iyo waxa lago samiiyay, dee waakan naxadin la cabaaday oo gaal iyo muslin o hanjabay. Lakin waa caadi, cid walba o shaqadan ku cusub ayaa sida o fajacda marka hore. :D

NGONGE   

^^ Dee waa intaan kuu sheegay uun; xamar ayaa ka ohisiisay. :D

p.s.

Shaqada way ku cusubtahay, saaxib. Tii Zimbabwe maaha dee; bariga markay "meeting" yeelin jireen, shaah bagees ayaa la siin jiray. Hada intuu Nairobi joogay, "buffet" ayuu ka dargay. Marka ha laa yaabin hadoo naxdin ku waashay marko xamar arkay; guilt does that to people.

Anigu ninkanaan kaa aqaanaa ,,,,,, The SL aid baa ka qaylisiinaysa. U know he does things dee ...... instead of being specific ,,,, wixii oo dhan buu isku qaaday :D

Abtigiis   

ngonge, waa balaayo maskax badan. Waxa iga yaabiyey ee iga cabaadiyey wuu gartay. Yes, never have I imagined Mogadishu is what it is.But the real shock wasn't because of my visist to Mogadishu. When I worked elsewhere, I knew what was happening. It isn't that I woke up today. But it is hard to accept to be a mercenary when the subjects are your own people. I hope you see the difference. perhaps, it shouldn't be like that, and my humanity should transcend ethnicity. But it is also because other governments somehow defended their people, something utterly lacking in Somalia.

Jacaylbaro,

Somaliland is equally abused by the aid and deveopment industry. Talk to Ahmed Wiwa, the current DG of the avaiation, former planning ministry. Do you know of the Somaliland NGO act, and where it is today? The day Somaliland implements that otherwise sensible act is the day I will believe it is different.

Abtigiis   

The parliament endorsed, the president signed it, but no NGO is yet inhibited by it. No, it isn't implemented and it can never be. Pour a full pot of hot tea into my ear if it ever takes off. I am aware of the power play here. Let alone a tiny boiled banana pseduo republic like Somaliland, other more powerful nations in Africa have struggled to regulate this sector. Not that I don't wish it is implemented; I would love it. But I know it won't happen. The consequences of daring to do that are too severe for Somaliland.

Waar I was a member of the committee that drafted the Act sxb ,,,, it took so much time and resources. As I said a full implementation is not yet feasible but it started and will go slowly. I know all the fuss from the UN/INGOs and was part of the whole discussions but things will move slowly. We are already tackled by some articles in the act and my Organization have no choice but to follow.

Abtigiis;749604 wrote:
Talk to Ahmed Wiwa, the current DG of the avaiation, former planning ministry. Do you know of the Somaliland NGO act, and where it is today? The day Somaliland implements that otherwise sensible act is the day I will believe it is different.

lol@Abtigiis, very impressed by your knowledge of the inner workings of Somaliland. Mind you, Wiwa is an obstacle and as good as the those NGOs in using bureaucracy in delaying proceedings.

Great post Abtigiis and your observations are spot on. Unfortunately there is not much we can do without strong administrations in Hargeisa and Mogadishu. I’m glad I’m out of this filthy business.

Abtigiis   

Alpha,

Should I write full page about Hargeisa's enfant terrible - Hirsi, the young man without whose approval you can't see silaanyo to convince you that I am an insider in SL's politics? :D

N.O.R.F   

^everyone knows Hirsi (whether they have met him or not). Besides, he can't let any Tom, Dick and Harry meet the president :D

LOL@Prof Abtigii

Sheekada wanku waa sheeko hore. Shaydaan reer ka xabadda mesagada ha ku darsaday bay la mid noqon hadday sidaan ku wadaan. Shariif nimanka waxooda ha u celiyo :D

UZTAAD   

hello every body, somalia deserve every thing it got, famine, wars, alshabaab, somaliland, Aid piracy, international community, Mahiga, ete , etc. etc, etc