Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

Hair extentions

Narniah   

Wearing the hair of another human, man or a woman, or joining human hair to one’s hair has been clearly forbidden by the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace), as it involves deception and using a part of the human body, both of which are unlawful.

Sayyiduna Abu Hurayra (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Allah has cursed the woman who joins (her or someone else’s) hair (with the hair of another man or a woman) and the woman who asks for her hair to be joined (with the hair of another person) and the one who tattoos (herself or someone else) and the one asks to get tattooed.” (Sahih al-Bukhari, no. 5589)

The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) forbade this to such an extent that he did not even permit it for a woman whose natural hair had fallen off.

Source: http://www.shariahprogram.ca/islam-qa-women/wigs-false-hair.shtml

Aaliyyah   

I know human hair is haraam, I said that number of times in my posts. I was asking about synthetic hair..but now that you mentioned that the prophet csw didnt allow a woman whose hair fallen down, I would assume from there that even a synthetic hair is haraam.

Anyways, I have decided to not bother with it..thanks for your 2 cents..

salaam

Aaliyyah   

Alderman, doesnt matter what others muslims do or don't. There is clear distinction between what islam teaches us, and what ppl decide to do.

salaam