Sign in to follow this  
Abu-Salman

Emotions Behind Secession Suggestions

Carafaat   

Abtigiis, why do you triviliaze and rationalize what happened? And by showing empathy for those who committed these crimes, you certaintly wont create support for your case.

Abtigiis   

Carafaat, what are you reading? Where do I show empathy to the killers?

Anyway, I know many other Somalis miss their dead ones. That is to state the fact, not to trivialize the indefensible killings in the North. Still, the question why SL's view themselves as the only group victimized by the military dictatorship, I cannot understand. What happened in Mogadishu in 2006? Was that not a big crime too? I refuse to accept that there was a single clan that were systematically killed in Somalia's civil war. Everybody has his dark tales. Baido's starvation by Aideed, Ban-balaayo massacre, Kismayo killings. I have dealt with that. Showing remains of victims of civil war won't strengthen your argument. Let us take emotion out of the matter and present the merits of secession.

Carafaat   

Abtigiis;746311 wrote:
Burahadheer,

I don't carry a guilt of a clan on my shouders nor I am speaking on behlaf of my clan. As unseemly as it may be to you,I am expressing my personal opinions, obnoxious nor not. And I disagree with your characterisation of the conflict in the North. sure, your version is not new to me. I heard it million times. I have also heard the other extreme version.
Butmy own analysis is thatwhile the scale of destruction is higher in the North, the intent of the regime was similar with what it did in Putland prior to this conflict. Barre was using clan against clan to preserve power. Those you think were armed because of kinship were mere stones used in this conflcit because of their vulnerable position. The storyline is a regime bent on remaining in power against rebels who fought against oppression. Extermination, i don't think. was a deliberate policy. The regime could not do the same in Mogadishu because it was quickly defeated. If that wasn't the scale, I am of the opinion the same would have happened to the USC supporters. Whatever moral legitimacy the SNM struggle had, I did not question. I am questioning why secession has to be an answer.
And also please open a thread and say all you want about ONLF and the motivations you think it has and why there is no genocide in Somaligalbeed. I will give my opinion there without mixing your clan lineage into the discussion. It is a typical northern disposition to indulge in your-clan vs my clan sort of argument.

For your information, I have never crossed the border of Somalia before the fall of Siyad Barre. So, you are wrong to think I am one of those who were cleansing your clan. I have also in the past spoke ill of the refugees you talk about here and the negative role they played. Can you ever look at SNM and tell us anything wrong they did? No. Speaking against your clan is crime in Somali mindset.

Abti, these are your own words. Everything you say to rationalize the actions of the former regime will be put in a political context. Maybe someday we will be able to do historical alaysis of the past. But its to soon for that.

Carafaat   

Abtigiis;746367 wrote:
Carafaat, what are you reading? Where do I show empathy to the killers?

Anyway, I know many other Somalis miss their dead ones. That is to state the fact, not to trivialize the indefensible killings in the North. Still, the question why SL's view themselves as the only group victimized by the military dictatorship, I cannot understand. What happened in Mogadishu in 2006? Was that not a big crime too? I refuse to accept that there was a single clan that were systematically killed in Somalia's civil war. Everybody has his dark tales. Baido's starvation by Aideed, Ban-balaayo massacre, Kismayo killings. I have dealt with that. Showing remains of victims of civil war won't strengthen your argument. Let us take emotion out of the matter and present the merits of secession.

Abtigiis, nobody said that ones suffering is worser then others.

But when the discusion is about 'Somaliweyn', dont be suprised that people from Somaliland think back to those days in the '80 and what the last regime of SOmalia was responsible for.

Same reason as why some never accepted the USC Goverment, because ot the crimes committed against people.

Same as why some didnt accept and fought against Abdullahi yusuf with his Ethiopian soldiers, because of their crimes in 2006.

Why would anyone accept Somalia Goverment Soldiers parading around Hargeisa, when everyone knew what the last Somalia goverment did

when it had authority in Hargeysa.

Abtigiis   

I stand by the above quotes. I see no problem in them.

By the way, some refugees contend that they endured verbal abuse and stigmatization well before Siyad unleashed them against the hosts. Somalilanders worried about the demographic consequences of having such a large group of other somalis in their land. As it turns out, today they have to contend with a similar reality, this time from Oromo migrants. What was denied to a fellow somalis is today accepted. A big part of the driving factors behind the SNM and the feeling of victimization was resentment against refugees coming to the land.

UZTAAD   

In my opinion the solution lies in the completion of what aabbe siyaad left unfinished . and that task is waiting for the next government of Somalia

the only way that Somalia can be reunited is by force and many heads will roll in the process.

Tuujiye   

^^^ We will! and Somaliland calanka ciraaqiga ayaan ka dhigeenaa waxaana ka taagi doonaa xidigtii cadeed iinsha allah!!! looool

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Tuujiye   

taas been waaye... Aniga Dooliga bas ayaan ka cararaa....

JB I might be in Hargeyso soon duqa.. markaan soo galo ayaan kuugu imaan doonaa Officeka aad iska fadhisid oo aad shaqada beenta ah ka qabatid loool... is diyaari ayaan ku dhahay lool....

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Somaliland works for the people of Somaliland it functions as it exist today this path will be walked for a long time to come Some people want to introduce things that Cannot work in Somaliland or Somalia. The People of Somalia will be our neighbors and we shared a history of 31 years and a language but this is not a reason to unite. What can we bring to Somalia what can they offer Somaliland the answer is nothing, Somalia its self is dying of hunger famine and poverty i don't think even in the future when there is a functioning government in Somalia they can feed all the People there. And Abtigis is talking about Somaliland and Somalia to be a one country again this is Crazy talk yaa Seccesionist

UZTAAD   

lool tuuje, the iraqi flag will be removed by any means necessary and the use force will be inevitable given the current situation and the enemy will be forced to negotiate and accept the terms from position of weakness not that of strength