Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

11th September 2001. All conspiracy, calaacal and where you were in here...

I was on Management Training Course for the whole day at Hemel Hempstead and I was confirmed as a manager, which put a sort of semi permanent smile on my face and on the train back to London, a colleague received a called, which said America was under attack and the UK was next to be targeted and people were being evacuated from tall buildings in London.

By the time we arrived at Kings Cross Station and on seeing the Evening Standard pictures and the headline - my sort of semi smile into turn into a full blown permanent grin, which I could not for the life of me switch off - despite wanting to. To this day - I still don't know what happen to me that day.

chubacka   

So that is what a decade feels like....doesn't seem so long ago to me.

Where we you........................I was in college in my tutor group, the form tutor came in clutching some papers and said to us all looking v.grave, "The pentagon has been attacked" the first thought that struck most of us was what on earth is the pentagon and why would anyone attack a 2d shape! Anyway after he explained things a bif for us I remember some Asian boys the political of them saying they deserved to be attack and so on. No one thought it was a big deal until we went home and saw the horrific images, remember the whole family just starring and starring for hours on end.

Who dun it?....................God knows, I really have no idea.

Is the world a better place as a result?.....................this gave Bush and his cronies the green light to blizt the muslim world. I think the world would have been a different, probably better place had 9/11 not taken place.

Buuxo   

It's amazing how we all remember so vividly where we all were on 9/11,especially those of us in the west. It was late at night ,when we received a phone call to switch the television on and was all shocked and horrified to see what unfolded.I remember saying to my older siblings oh my God ,here comes world war three.we went to school the next day with little sleep and watched the t.v coverage in social studies classes.we argued with my teacher ,saying 'Mac sonker' and that America's foreign policy has come back and affected it's citizens.We made my teacher upset and she left .we were really bad &insensitive.it was muslim school ,non-Muslim teachers ,so we really didn't care at the time ,Muslims were already demonized in the media.

Som@li   

I got a call very early morning, to watch, and it was horrible. I could not believe it, I got from the part where both towers were hit, and people were jumping off the buildings,Sometimes It was like a nightmare, In the morning I went to uni, and people were discussing possibility of Osama bin Laden. Me and another girl from Turkey were the only Muslims in the class, and could see the teachers were careful on what to say about Muslims/Islam. but when the news sunk in, I knew for sure, it would be a devastating for Muslim world, and war would follow.

Baashi   

I'm tied with the current one. No offer yet. But the call was like: would you be interested in this? When can you start? If all go well will call you probably in early January.

Malika   

^Huh?..Lol

It's been interesting to watch the channel 4 ' The legacy of the crusaders' on the wake of 9/11. It's kind of made me think - What we see and I mean in terms of the western world grip hold of the muslim world an ongoing 'crusade' ? Lossing Jerusalem was a big blow, so supporting Israel to keep the Muslims away from Jerusalem a continuity of the crusade??? Oh well, there was food for thought - watch it or read, come to your own conclusion, mine is still digesting..lool

http://www.channel4.com/history/microsites/H/history/i-m/lionheart.html

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/back-from-the-dead/episode-guide/series-1/episode-2

N.O.R.F   

Does he? Apart from portraying him as having a few screws loose, he doesn’t come anywhere near addressing Chomsky’s weightier piece.