Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somalis Announce Their Christianity

Taleexi   

Garnaqsi: I assume/think you understand how it is almost impossible to quantify, compare and contrast the gain and loss of converters among faiths because it is very costly and time consuming in order to circumvent on this dilemma we've to do some statistics - Some sort of sampling comes to mind - A representative one. Once I say a representative sample - it depends on its context and scope …. my earlier null hypothesis was Islam being the fastest growing religion, of course implying subtly, in the world. I still stand by that this can be refuted and without presenting, on my part, something that is statistically significant after the confidence constraints of our model are mutually agreed - my position will not hold water so, does your counter argument which is exactly as guilt of as mine.

With that said: I will narrow the scope of my previous claim in terms of the geographical area considered - let us consider in the US, there are number of surveys done for the last ten years and those studies show that the number of non-Muslim converterions increasing exponentially in relation to the demographic shifts in other faiths. This may not still validate my stand but shed some light on it for further discussion.

Som@li   

who cares what they do, there are more alarming issues to be more worried about.

There was this man, his late 20s I met in small town, I didn't know Somalis lived there, after we had discussion for few minutes, I asked him why is he in this isolated place? "he told Somalis are not welcoming and very suspicious, because I am Christian?" Then I asked him, Goormaad gaaloowday? Waa ku arkaa aduun wax ku ma haysatid , Aakhirona Caadab baa ku sugi? the boy was really scared, and afraid, and paranoid too.

Anyway, I did not question his religion, and didn't care if he was a Budhist but waxaan ka xanaaqey in u ila so doonto gaal baan ahay.

Garnaqsi   

Taleexi;741475 wrote:
I still stand by that this can be refuted and without presenting, on my part, something that is statistically significant after the confidence constraints of our model are mutually agreed - my position will not hold water so, does your counter argument which is exactly as guilt of as mine.

What's my counter argument here? I'm merely being skeptic. I'm not claiming that Islam isn't the fastest growing religion; nor am I reserving that distinction for any other religion or theological standpoint. I just don't see any convincing argument for it - and the same goes for all the other religions that claim the same thing. So I'm not holding a position that requires statistical back up of any sorts, unlike you. Besides, as you now acknowledge the difficulty of getting universal scientific consensus on these matters, which gives any faith a gap for 'misleading/deceptive publicity', perhaps my earlier suggestion of taking care with this issue was telling.

With that said: I will narrow the scope of my previous claim in terms of the geographical area considered - let us consider in the US, there are number of surveys done for the last ten years and those studies show that the number of non-Muslim converterions increasing exponentially in relation to the demographic shifts in other faiths. This may not still validate my stand but shed some light on it for further discussion.

Studies also show a high increase in the number of people who adhere to no religion in the United States. See this study, for example. This group gained more than a million a year on average for the last two decades. If Islam beats that, I would be truly impressed. At the moment, I'm unable to get hold of any statistics pertaining the number of people who convert to Islam each year in the US. Perhaps you could help us here and refer us to the surveys you are alluding to so that we could get basis for comparison.

Garnaqsi   

Som@li;741480 wrote:
who cares what they do, there are more alarming issues to be more worried about.

By the look of things, you actually appear to care about it more than anyone else in this thread seems to. I mean, the guy professed to you that he's Christian and you basically told him that he is a loser who is going to Hell. I would say that is more than giving care.

Som@li   

Garnaqsi;741491 wrote:
By the look of things, you actually appear to care about it more than anyone else in this thread seems to. I mean, the guy professed to you that he's Christian and you basically told him that's he's a loser who is going to Hell. I would say that's more than giving care.

You seem to being missing the point, I did not question or ask his religious beliefs, and he deserved my reply, btw, are you yourself hiding something? come out of the closet? You sound like poor paranoid man I saw, who lives in isolation thinking some Somalis will carry beheading on him for leaving religion?

when u see this kind of a stuff...u just ask your self this q's:

"I am a somali & have my pple all over this planet...so has this happened to any one that i know?

Nope!!

Next

bilan   

^^^ actually you asked why he is an isolated place and he told you the reason, so why were you rude to him? Each to his own, qofna qof qabri lagali maayo.

Garnaqsi   

Som@li;741496 wrote:
You seem to being missing the point, I did not question or ask his religious beliefs, and he deserved my reply...

I don't think he did. You asked him a question; he answered it. I don't get why it was necessary for you to get all rude on him.

btw, are you yourself hiding something? come out of the closet? You sound like poor paranoid man I saw, who lives in isolation thinking some Somalis will carry beheading on him for leaving religion?

If he was afraid of being beheaded for apostasy, he probably wouldn't have told you that he's Christian that easily, don't you think?

Garnaqsi   

bilan;741500 wrote:
^^^ actually you asked why he is an isolated place and he told you the reason, so why were you rude to him? Each to his own, qofna qof qabri lagali maayo.

Afkaaga caano lagu qabey!

Som@li   

have you miss the part he was bashing the Somali people, "they are suspicious", "not welcoming" "not tolerant", etc I found that very rude too, and I believe no Somali would bother him for his religious beliefs.

anyway, Each to their own.

Nina Fox   

Im neither offended nor surprised. Diinta ka baxaa shegtee aa sheegtee hal hal uga fanfaniinaa hadii rabtiin. I have met a Somali Jew wannabe, a few Somali Athiests (one of them is my cousin), and some confused Malis who dont have any barrings or hold on their beliefs. To each their own baan leeyahay. Allaha soo hadeeyo.

Whoever said Wiki is not a reliable source was right. My then 8 yr old niece wrote on one the Qabiil links that her Grandmother is the head of Al Qaeda and the CIA are looking for her. Infact it still might be there lol. Everytime I wanna laugh I simply log on:)