Sign in to follow this  
Ismahaan

Somali students in China

nuune   

Nina Fox, ummadeena ma tihid, Ilaah amarkiis, and those fanaaniin waa Kooxda waaberi, I used to have that riwaayad video, they were singing in Chinese as well as Somali.

Ooh, found the video, not the full version, but it is the one:

Famous FACES there, no need to name them, aah yeah, qiiradii adduunkaa igu dhacdey,

Nina Fox   

There was a part they constructed an AQAL SOMALI in the middle of the stage, the show went on and on and on. I was bored to death. My brother and I were then told to go play in the Foyer (supervised by Qalanjo's son). What a bully! I wish I knew where he is so I can pay him back. :)

Ismahaan;739333 wrote:
@ oba lol caadi ma aha maxaay iska dhalayaan !!!!!!!

chinese take away near you might be somali.Hadda somalidu cid walba waa uu egtay!

Taleexi   

burahadeer;739422 wrote:
chinese take away near you might be somali.Hadda somalidu cid walba waa uu egtay!

Waa laguu yaqaan. Qof madow oo indho yar yar must be in the making.

Abwaan   

Proud to see these young bros and sisters representing us! I went to China early this year for the first time. A lot of Chinese people who I met were asking me where I was from and once I told them I was from Somalia most of them mentioned this word " 海盜 hǎi dào", which apparently means "pirates" in Chinese. Although I don't speak Chinese I could tell when they were using the word and had to tell them "No hǎi dào" before they whisper that to each other and they laughed. I guess most of them don't know where Somalia is but they must have heard the piracy in Somalia from the news therefore this is how they sadly identify Somalia.

Som@li   

Interesing,

I also saw that Riwaayad in CHINA, GOOD old days, So, Foxy, so you are one of the kids in the video?

nuune;739410 wrote:
Nina Fox
, ummadeena ma tihid, Ilaah amarkiis, and those fanaaniin waa Kooxda waaberi, I used to have that riwaayad video, they were singing in Chinese as well as Somali.

Ooh, found the video, not the full version, but it is the one:

Famous FACES there, no need to name them, aah yeah, qiiradii adduunkaa igu dhacdey,

Brilliant! I haven't seen this before...when was the riwaayad held? Love the bit where she speaks chinese, indhaha xitaa waxay uga bigbigleysay sida indhayarta. LoL. Love it.

Nina Fox   

Som@li;739479 wrote:
Foxy, so you are one of the kids in the video?

I believe I had ADD. Couldn't sit idle for a second, maxaan riwaayad galaaa ama iska daayaa lolz

Back in those days being a Somali meant something. People walked around with an aura of arrogance and pride. Hada laakin Titanics dont appreciate it, they dont have respect for their culture or traditions me finks. Patriotism adaa shegeysid, waxaas oo dhan weey isku qararamsadeen.

Ismahaan I *think* thats a dance tradition hailing from Somaliland.

*Got teary watching the first Video Ismahaan posted*

Nina Fox   

My brother's friend (a Somali girl) had a chinese baby. The kid has all the features but looks a little tanned, cappucino skin with little eyes. I haven't seen him but I bet he is adorable. And another friend of his had twins with a Malaysian girl.

Somalia marka lagu laabto aa jiraa walee,,,,,so many mixed kids speaking different languages sideey isku fahmi doonaan aan kasii naxsanahay.