Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Sheikh's Name Written in Sand Visible from Space

FULL STORY

Hamad bin Hamdan al Nahyan, a billionaire Sheikh and member of Abu Dhabi's ruling family, has had his name carved into the sandy surface of an island he owns in the Persian Gulf. It is no lackadaisical sand-scrawling, though: At half a mile tall and 2 miles long altogether, the letters HAMAD are visible from space.

Satellites captured these images of al Futaisi Island, stamped with the name of its owner, back in 2009. They can be accessed on Google Maps and Google Earth.

Nina Fox   

Hahahahah me 2. I thought it was a religious story (the ones that make you go Aaaah). But no, its a fat arab who is so bored with his over-sized belly that he is now playing with sand.

Wuxu sawirsanaa!

nuune   

I just think it is his money, and he can spend however he likes, he event spent millions on charities overseas.

Ps: JB would have done the same if not extreme(by making himself visible in space)

Abwaan   

Polanyi;736186 wrote:
When I read the title of this thread I thought it was one of those Sufi "miracles" stories. lol

:D

The same here.

nuune;736202 wrote:

Ps:
JB
would have done the same if not extreme(by making himself visible in space)

lol...Just that his would say "BeeshaLand" instead!

peasant   

nuune;736202 wrote:
I just think it is his money, and he can spend however he likes, he event spent millions on charities overseas.

Ps:
JB
would have done the same if not extreme(by making himself visible in space)

I dont think that is his money and is more like the money of the people whom his family govern. He is just another dumb ruler perhaps infatuated by the tales of the Arabian Nights.

loooooooooooooooool@nuune ...... Waar anigu I would do it only if it would be written in the moon and people on the earth can see ,, but this is silly coz only few scientists go the space .. :D

A_Khadar   

AYOUB;736614 wrote:
Dump squib. I thought it was Maxi Blondy reporting from Maydh.

:D;)

Bahashu haday kaa badato, anything that comes to your head, way kula geli dee...

Cawaale   

..and i thought JB was bragging about Sheekh mountains. You know Sheekh is visible from space aka way duushay.:cool:

Nuune, nin xoog leh maxaa la dhahay?:D