Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Did xaglatooisye and cali sabaray fail to deliver for the ssc people?

First of all we have to note that the leadership of the ssc clan jabhad are diaspora members col Cali sabaray is from canada and Selebaan Xaglatoosiye is from America ohio columbus you must've been asking yourself why is he telling us that we already know that. Other than the clan lineage they share with the garaad clan in the ssc regions they do not share the same political ideology and aspirations with the natives in the ssc regions which is indeed a large portion of territory but in particular the garaad clan as a whole rejected the ssc clan jabhad. They failled to deliver for the people of that region.

I remember i was telling a khadar and taleexi a year ago that the people of that region are fine with the current administration in sool ,it was them who rejected the pirate thugs in laascanood in 2007. They took part of the kulmiye ucid udub rallies in laascanood in may last year you can find it on youtube. As for Xaglatoosiye the Closest Kin Xaglatoosiye has is Caaqil Xaaji Maxamuud cumar camay and he rejected the ssc clan jabhad why because he knows war is not what the people of Buhoodle need and Xaglatoosiye is willing to jeopardize the peace in the region.

What is more interesting is the Khuusuusi members (mps) rejecting ssc clan jabhad and the fake war drums from the diaspora members. They openly welcomed with open arms the peace initiative proposed by president Siilaanyo and they took part of the reconciliation conference in widhwidh last week which proves the locals are the one who welcome the peace efforts. Keyse Abdi yusuf is a local Xaglatoosiye is not the khusuusi leader cabdrisaaq gacmay is a local , Cali sabaray is not see the difference with in the ssc clan jabhad the fundamental differences.

tha people of las canood subort somaliland administration, its indivduals like sabraya iyo xaglatoosiya who went to create colaad. but the people suborit their country, somaliland.

NGONGE   

^^

I don't think they're all "political chancers", saaxib. There is an issue here and a clear grievance and it’s evident by the large number of SSC household names, Garads and celebrities (if we include our favourite singer) joining this struggle. Of course, I don’t fully dismiss the political chancer accusation (in the same way that I don’t dismiss it within the heart of SL’s ruling classes). However, I also believe that both sides have people who make their political view points out of principle, what’s best for their people and/or belief in the ideas they follow.

On the other hand, there is a much larger number (on both sides again) that follow the herd and fall for the most sensationalist options. Keyse Yusuf’s supporters, Xaabsade’s supporters and those that will now support the Khasuusi chairman (all SSC bred and born) do so out of emotional attachment (if not the C is E). Once they were out of the bubble of SSC struggles, they could easily rationalise the position their leader(s) have taken. Likewise, those remaining in the SSC bubble (mostly) do so out of the same emotional attachment. Again, they too rationalise every mad argument and it makes full sense to them (Kaashale xaasuuq and in the same breath the SL army being defeated in Kaashale; No reconciliation meeting in Widhwidh and, again, the Widhwidh meeting failed, etc, etc, etc).

But the worst of the lot and the ones that stretch such emotional attachments to their breaking limits are Xaaji X and his ilk. Hada waa one meeting and (though it is good progress) is one that did not include many of the heavyweights of the SSC! Hadana waaka la soo cararay “Did Xaglatoosiye Fail?” and conclusions to a story that is still in its early chapters.

Taleexi   

SSC community have not done their homework well as far as I'm concerned. They've to yet deal with their defectors and merchants and until that happens and accountability is in their lexicon and held supreme - less progress I expect but the potential the community to be relevant in this kangaroo system of Somali political dynamism is there.

To Ngonge: SSC community is bigger than mudane Xaglatoosiye.

To Odweyne: Your policy of as you put it "carrot and stick" has detrimental effects to all concerned. Given the Somali DNA make up - one shall NEVER submit to the whim and harassment of his/her counterparts. The conflict of this part of Somalia is in its incubation period - in an other words - it is a frozen conflict. Secessionist like you can not decipher it but this is a matter of time until this part of the country turns out to be a hell on earth.

Xaglatoosiye did not fail. By any standard, he succeeded with flying colors. If you look at the political scene of the community concern before and after xaglatoosiye arrived the scene, you can see the difference.

A_Khadar   

NG, your points are valid to some degree but you haven't addressed both lots equally and missed to mention the meaningless bolded and quoted pages of Oodweyn which has no substances but bashing anyone other than the duriyada.

However, nothing in somalia Peninsula is perfect if it might be p/l, your lot, shiriifs and the rest so as ssc which is not even 2 years old yet.

<O:p</O:pDid Xagle and Sabarey fail? It's open question, but my view, they have short comings and many successes. However, the SSC is solid and will be there regardless who leads. <O:p