Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

The Zack's take on the current Somali crisis

The Zack   

Ibti, tell your aunt that those good old days are coming back and I hope she doesn't believe in the secessionist ideology.

Che mark my words, these guys are about to be history soon.

Ibtisam   

What do you support Polanyi??? Care to share and defend?

Before you jump down my throat I don't support anyone and have no interest in any of them, clan or otherwise. :P

The Zack   

Che -Guevara;727935 wrote:
^You are missing an important lesson here!

Am I? Or is it you who is really worried about the people that have enjoyed your support for long time while massacring innocent lives.

Polanyi   

Ibitisam, anigu I support whoever is against foreign intervention of SOmalia and stands for one Somalia under Islam. This is why I supported ICU, but I don't Support Shariff when he crossed to Adiss Ababa. It seems alot of people around here support personalities rather than what these people stand for. That doesn't mean I support everything these groups do. I actually respect Somalilanders more than any other group on here because they seem to have unwavering principles and now what they want. I can't really stand the rest of the flipfloppers though.

Zack-You seem to misunderstand my motive for supporting AS. I have no real stake in AS as I don't live in Somalia and their success will not improve my life in anyway. My support for them is based on the sincere belief that they have the capacity to build something resembling a functioning government with proper institutions that will eventually offer services to the country's poor. They certainly brought peace and stability to the most of south but so far, they seem to lack the capacity to move from being rebel group to entity that can offer a proper government. If they continue down this path, their end will certainly come. Events like the one yesterday will hasten their downfall and draconian rules they impose on people will only farther alienate citizens. People need government and if you can't offer that, you are no different than others before. You can flaunt Islam as the bedrock of your movement or you wrap buluuga around yourself all you want, if you don't attend to the citizens' needs than you are goner sooner or later.

TFG failed and is continuing to fail because it is not real government with institutions that offers services not to mention maintain security. If it was anything resembling government with institutions, two men wouldn't have been in position to threaten an entire government and the State.

My motto is support those who you think can prop a functioning government that ensures the country's sovereignty and rebuilds the Somali society.

Ibtisam   

Polanyi: Iska Sl in the closest ayaad tahey despite being the "wrong" clan :P

The Zack my aunty believes in Akhiro and has no time for Somali Politics and she is certain that she wont see it again in its glory. Plus I am sure her old house either no longer exists or has been occupied and looted and now has a new owner. The old curse of having property in a city where you clan dont live or have claims to.

Che they didn't give me a citizenship in any case.;

The Zack   

^oo idinkana Xamar miyaa la idinka soo ceydhiyay assuming the house you mentioned was in Mogadishue LOL. Ibti, don't lose hope, the glory days are coming back soon.

Che, your statement has made a lot of sense, keep it up waaryeey but I can't believe you once believed that Shabaab can create a sustainable government in Somalia when you clearly understand that these guys want to "conquer" the entire world and explode people's countries left and right.

N.O.R.F   

Che:

My support for them is based on the sincere belief that they have the capacity to build something resembling a functioning government with proper institutions that will eventually offer services to the country's poor. They certainly brought peace and stability to the most of south but so far, they seem to lack the capacity to move from being rebel group to entity that can offer a proper government.

Yeah Zack. Forget that they continue to kill and maim innocent civilians as well as politicians they disagree with all in the name of Islam (also forget that everything they do is in fact in contradiction to Islam).

What a position to hold!

The Zack   

Norf, Agreed. Sometimes I question my knowledge of the deen when I hear about the actions these guys do and call it Islamic.It is like a whole another religion. I don't know if you saw this but this is what they said about the gunned-down minister "Wasiirka iyo dhowr kaloo murtaddiin ahba waxey u bakhtiyeen weerarka ay Mujaahidiintu ku qaadeen".

Zack-They couldn't be any worse than anything else that Somalia has produced in the last 20 yrs.

Norf-Men will die for you based on two reasons, you give them something to believe or you pay them. There isn't enough resources to raise a private army and so one has to turn to other options. Somali nationalism is dead and the only other viable option left was the religion. Nothing makes men to throw themselves in the line of fire more than allure of dying in the name of religion. Was the only sensible thing to do, don't you think?

XX...It's the movement and the institutions it builds and not about men, whatever Amir is in power is here today and gone tomorrow.