Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Farmaajo gate: Is he going to fight it out?

Nairobi:(Allpuntland)-Sarkaal sare oo katirsan Xafiiska Ra'iisul Wasaaraha Soomaaliya ayaa beeniyey wararka sheegaya in Maxamed Cabdullaahi Maxamed uu ka tagi doono shaqada xafiiska Ra'iisul Wasaarenimo ee Soomaaliya islamarkaasna uu fulin doono qodobadii ay xalay magaalada Kambala ku gaareen madaxweynaha Soomaaliya & gudoomiyaha baarlamaanka, Waxaana uu Sarkaalkani sheegey in warkaasi aysan waxba ka jirin.

Wakiilka Ra'iisul Wasaaraha Soomaaliya ee Igad Mr.Cali Cabdi Wardheere ayaa warbaahinta maxaliga ah ee Muqdisho si cad uga beeniyey wararka sheegaya inuu xafiiska ka tagayo Ra'iisul wasaaraha Soomaaliya, Waxaana uu Wakiilka Farmaajo ee Igad sheegay in aysan xataa u qorshaysnin inuu iscasilo ama fuliyo heshiis ay labo qof si gaar ah u gaareen iyagoo danahooda gaarka ah ilaashanaya.

Mr.Wardheere wuxuu sheegey in uu khaldanaa hadalkii kasoo baxay wasiirka warfaafinta, boostada & isgaarsiinta ee Soomaaliya Mr.Cabdikariin Xassan Jaamac Wuxuuna sheegey warkaas war aanan laga fiirsan, Isagoo ku celceliyey inuu ra'iisul Wasaaruhu ummadiisa u shaqaynayo islamarkaasna uusan diyaar u ahayn inuu imika shaqada ka tago, Laakiin macada wax cad oo ku saabsan warka kasoo yeeray sarkaalkan ka tirsan xafiiska Farmaajo.

Cabdiqani Xayir

Allpuntland

Gabbal   

The prime minister was moved to tears after coming back into the country and realizing the level of support the people showed him. If he did not plan to fight before, I am sure that would give him motivation now.

But Duke, what is being forgotten here is that position of parliament. The Kampala Accord would need to be ratified by Parliament before Farmaajo can decide whether to fight it or accept. It is highly unlikely the parliament will endorse the personal negotiations of two men without advice or counsel from any of the TFI institutions, the Cabinet or Parliament. The issue has a higher probability of dissolving itself through that venue before Farmaajo even needs to touch it.

Sharif Hassan was already desperate, but Sheikh Sharif has expended whatever shred of his political capital that was still in existence.

Som@li   

^Gabbal, if the parliament ratifies the accord, Meesha wax uma yaaliiin, Else, He should fight. But I am amazed how the two Sharifs seek assistance outside without the consultations of the parliament, Armay isku hubaan?

Farmaajo for President!

Gabbal   

General Duke;727557 wrote:
^^^Gabbal, did he agree to resign?? If not why has his own minister of information Mr Jama claim that he did?

Answers old boy..

He does not need to be coerced to resign. He has said plainly and forthrightly that he would rather resign then implement the accord. If it goes through, in good faith he cannot be part of a government that is held hostage at every turn by the whims and desires of a crook (Sharif Hassan). A single year is not worth those preposterous conditions. Which is why it was important for him to come back to the country and see the massive support in the streets in his favor. Even as I speak, protestors are camped outside his residency. Maybe this will give him motivations to fight.

The best scenario right now is to go ahead with the elections and get new people who actually care about the work before them into the mix. Farmaajo's trump card should be to actively support elections and join with the parliament in preparations for electing new Speaker of Parliament and President

^^^I get you. What about the Information Minister and his statement, has he [Jama] gone all out in support of Sharif Ahmed & the Kampala agreement?

Gabbal   

I think it is obvious by now that the Information Minister believes his political future is tied to that of the President's.

Sensei   

Duke,

I hope he really does duke it out with these people because there is more than the premiership at stake here. Sakin has to be dealt with right freaking away, gambar yar lagu fadhiisiyo weeyaan. Sheikh Shariif needs to understand the art of saying "NO"; it might even win him some browning-points with his handlers & puppeteer(s).

Som@li   

Gabbal;727580 wrote:
I think it is obvious by now that the Information Minister believes his political future is tied to that of the President's.

Or he is pondering to take Farmaajo's job.

Anyway, Somalia's politicians are extremely corrupt, I will not be surprised if we see Farmaajo agreeing to this and resigning. Cumar Buur was given a BIG check, and shown the way out, who says Farmaajo can not be corrupted?