Sign in to follow this  
AYOUB

Manchester City sign up starlet Abdisalam Ibrahim.

AYOUB   

Manchester City have wrapped up a deal for Fjellhamar starlet Abdisalam Ibrahim.

The 15-year-old midfielder has signed a three-year deal at Eastlands and will now join City's academy as he looks to forge a career in England.

A move to City represents a long standing dream for the Norwegian youth international and Ibrahim is hoping to earn a place in Stuart Pearce's first team in the coming years.

"I always dreamt of playing in England," Ibrahim told Romerikes Blad.

"My dream now is to play in the Premier League."

After leaving Norway, Ibrahim will look to flourish in City's productive academy which has seen Micah Ricards, Ishmael Miller and, most recently, Daniel Sturridge graduate to the first team squad in the past 18 months.

http://home.skysports.com/

N.O.R.F   

Jay,

The youth players dont get paid that much. I think Abdisalam will begoing to school aswell until he is 16.

Every club has a youth system. If they are good enough they will be promoted to the reservse (2nd team) then the full team. There are Somalis at many clubs at youth level. Its only a matter of time IA.

Jaylaani   

Oh okay...so this actually sort of a camp for kidz sponsored by the team. If they good enough, they will be promoted and try out the team.. Is that right?

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

^^^ Well done to the brother - Masha Allah -

Norf - Could we say he could be the Future Vieira of Somaliland??
:D

Wouldn't that be great. smile.gif Unlikely though coz he plays for Norway's under-17's at the momemt.