Sign in to follow this  
Ms MoOns

Diary Of A Xalimo

Ibtisam   

Can't be the Siren, she did sort of complex written romance, this is easy predictable Indian film like cheesy romance. Can't be, plus the Siren likes white, green eyed heroes :D

NGONGE   

It's readable stuff though too girly. :D

Anyway, this reminds me of a thought I had this morning when I was walking towards the station.

As I stood by a traffic light waiting for the green man to come on, I noticed that I was surrounded by Somali women and their kids. On my side of the road, there was a Somali lady with at least three kids and on the opposite side, there was another with four. As soon as the traffic lights changed and we all began to cross the road, the two ladies met in the middle (of the road). They started greeting each other and talking (IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD). I instantly started thinking of the Bakara market and how women and children are always mentioned as part of the casualties.

Now this is not to say that the indiscriminate bombings of AMISOM is the fault of these women, however, I could not help wonder if the universal madness of women would play a part in such tragedies. It is then when I started imagining a conversation of two fleeing women as the rockets began raining on the Bakara Market.

woman 1: Carara, baxsada..hoognay..ba’nayaay....

woman 2: Carara, baxsada..hoognay..ba’nayaay

woman 1: Ala waa Caasha! Caashaay ii waran

Caasha: Ala waa Fadhumo! Na carar yaanu wixi Ilhaan ku dhacay adna kugo dhicin

Fadhumo: Oo Ilhan maxa ku dhacay?

Caasha: Miyaanad maqal? She got blown up by an AMISOM rocket last Saturday

Fadhumo: Allah ha o naxreesto.

Caasha: Dee naag waalan bay aheed. Waxa la yedhi, ayadoo sheeka ku jirta ayuu rocketka helay

Fadhumo: Wala xawla...

Etc..etc..etc..

Blessed   

The story isn't bad, not my thing though I like Chic lit, it has to have a fashoin focus like Sophie Kinsella novels. However, what this girl has is the ability to captivate her readers and so has a lot of potential. I was going to link her blog before but thought better of it because I knew how MEAN you SOLers are. Tut, tut...

Juxa   

blessed some people are so xaasid, i read few entries and enjoyed it!

so what if she thinks a faarax is hot and compares him to guhaad ciise ! miracles can happen no? waaba ey faanisay me think

Blessed   

Hahaha.. Guhaad Ciisana wa ayo.. Xaliimo kastaba ninkeeda ugu sita mahaa? And our Faaraxs are pretty hot, huuno. :cool:

Juxa   

Blessed of course they are in unmentionable way (sh!sh yaan nala maqlin eh)

I was just reading how guhaad proposed? was hooyo watching universal taloow waayada aan arkin baakadaha uu hoos la taagnaa!

Blessed   

She must have hadii kale ul bay ladhici lahayd instead of a friendly -- 'eedo yaa ku dhalay'. LOL.

Have to say that I was uncomfortable with beginning of the story but understood where she was going with it later..

Haa bal intaa ku jooji, yaanay their huge egos qarxine. :P

Ms MoOns   

LOL, if I had caressed my fiancee's hair on our first encounter, she would've given me a headbutt.

I find it all a bit too intimate for a first meeting, but maybe that's just me. :P

Ms Moon, lots of repeating the same words and descriptions, are the characters all Somali? If so it needs excitement, the energy and loudness of the Somalis.

I've read up till part 6, and the characters are still all Somali. I feel ya. There's still more to come, so I'll have to see.

@ Blessed: Have you read all of her entries?

@ Juxa, I agree with you sis, it definitely has a playful touch to it.

Ms MoOns   

The Final Chapter Is Out.

I must say, it was quite a read.

She's a really good writer, masha'allah, hope she gets her books published.

Spoiler Alert, for those who intend to read full story

This is a quote from the last chapter that I absolutely adored:

He opened the box and in it was a ring, a smooth gold band.

I was stood outside Hani’s house, excited to see. To thank her for helping Jibril, she knew how much I hated rings with rocks that always got stuck on everything. I twirled the ring around on my finger and took it off to reveal the inscription that was on the inside.

“As long as Allah wills.” I smiled at it and the memory of Jibril explaining what it meant and why he chose it.

“Ubax, the car crash made me realise that nothing is promised,” he began. “I’ve taken a lot of things for granted, but as long as Allah wills, I will love you and take care of you.”

Cheers!

Nina Fox   

I liked her writing technique and approach to the story telling. It had a bit of a spicy "Somalis wud frown upon" element to it but overall, me likey.