Sign in to follow this  
Vanquish_V12

Is it enough to say ur a muslim anymore?

We all know of the prophecy, that a time will come where 72 different groups will claim to be the rightly guided (within islam). Thats why Shaq Albani (RA) that a true believer should ascribe himself or herself as salafi or salafiyah. because saying ur a muslim these days is not the same as the times of the sahaba.

so would u ascribe urself as salafi?

Why can't I just ascribe myself to be a Muslim and not a sunni, salafi, shia, etc etc ...

Saying your are something other than muslim means that you are committing shirk, right?

I was watching the news today about the Shia Muslims in Iraq being targetted by suicide bombers..how said is this? We have division among ourselves as muslims and we're willing to kill .. its a really scary thought :(

During the Prophet (pbuh) time and the sahaba and also the tabicin, there was only one group of people who claimed to be muslim. but today that has all changed. when some1 tells you he or she is muslime you dont know what to make of it, because it does not say anythang about their Aqida. So i believe by attributing urself to salafi salih mode of condunct in the affairs of religion you are declaring to be a follower of the true teachings of our messanger (pbuh) and his rightly guided sahaba and followers, thus can be deduced, a follower of the authentic Islamic Aqida.

i believe differentiation is neccesary so people know the deviations others that claim to be muslims carry in their believe, for example the shia, ismailis, tabliqis etc...

wasalam.

Salaan...

So if I understand correctly your ideal Muslim man should eventually come to this: long-bearded {gardheere}, khamiis-wearing, cadeey-in-the-jeeb-ready-to-be-used-right-into-salaad, surwaal-gaab, every-sentence-starting-yaa-ukhtii/akhii, staying-late-at-the-masaajid-to-have-sheeko-sheeko,-but-not-helping-at-home...

Am I right into that?

You also expect us to be in uniformity when it comes to tiniest absolute details of life.

Diinta Islaanka xoog maku dhisno, saaxiib. Ninkii Muslim kugu dhaho in uu yahay, qof ka bixin karo maleh diinta, qofkaas iyo Ilaahigiis ee jirtaa.

Walaa Salafi/Itixaad, walaa Islaax, ninkii Quraankiis iyo rasuulkiis iyo xadiiskiis raaco, kheyr waaye.

Ninba naftiis, nabiyoow ummadaa.

Opinionated

saying ur salafi is not shirk, far from it. when u say that ur a salafi, it means u adhere to the quran and sunnah and the teachings of the rightly guided sahaba and tabicin. it means ur not shia, ismaili, moderist excusist islam, orientalist, tabliqi etc...

Libax

from what i know, n thats not much tabliqi deviate from da sunna of the prophet, i dont wanna go into much detail, but am sure if u as any shaik they'll able to tell u the story there.

miskiin

salafi doesnt mean wearing short pants or growing a beard primarily, of course those are the elements of the sunna of the prophet (pbuh) and we all should try to emulate, but we are talkin about believe here not actions. before u act u must believe, and therefore you have to know what u believe is the authentic islam.

do u understand what i am saying? if not tell me i'll be more detailed.

abdoul   

SALAMS

VANQUISH FOR MYSELF I TUNED TO THE SUFI MODE.

SO WHAT ABOUT YOU? WHICH ''XER'' ARE YOU A PART OF

AND WHO'S YOUR SHEIK?

CIO FOR NOW AND TILL WE MEET AGAIN

just some ayat i noticed in the quran.

6:159 As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects , thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah. He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.

30:32 Those who split up their Religion, and become (mere) sects ,- each party rejoicing in that which is with itself!

22:78 And strive for Allah with the endeavor which is His right. He hath chosen you and hath not laid upon you in religion any hardship; the faith of your father Abraham (is yours). He hath named you muslims of old time and in this (Scripture), that the messenger may be a witness against you, and that ye may be witnesses against mankind. So establish worship, pay the poor due, and hold fast to Allah. He is your Protecting Friend. A blessed Patron and a blessed Helper!

27:91 For me, I have been commanded to serve the Lord of this city, Him Who has sanctified it and to Whom (belong) all things: and I am commanded to be of the muslims .

41:33 Who is better in speech than one who calls (men) to Allah, works righteousness, and says, " I am of those who are muslims "?

-haniif