Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Ma anaa waalan mise lugta la iga qaniinay?

^ She is in a place where she can be nurtured medically as well as personal growth. She will make it insha Allah. BTW, apart from your home tutoring, does she get any after other school programs? or you think it's too earlier for her to cope with to many other activities?

NGONGE   

^^ Far too early. And, anyway, I don't think she'll have the time even then (she already has occupational therapy, phisyo and "malcaamad").

^She is going through a lot, but will cope as she grows. I am sure she has progressed a lot since her arrival..God bless her, inspiring little girl she is, indeed!

Juxa   

lol@dahabo, maasha allah she is clever lady

about the bullying tell her iney qaniinto, had similar situation while ago and cousin bit the bully, school called us in, we apologised (beenbeen) and after that she became atariisho, yacni no one dares to say anything for fear of being bitten

Kool_Kat   

Dahabo maalinkii kugu horeysay oo ay ku qaniintay bey eheed iney ilkaha kaa dhex bixiso oo ay ku goosato! WTH is leave me alone?

As I tell my daughter "don't push/pull/bite anyone" BUT "if someone pushes/pulls/bites you, DO IT RIGHT BACK TO THEM, then tell the teacher"...

Mansha'allah, NG fariid baa tahay...Not many Somali men would do the wonderful job you're doing with and for Dahaba...Ilaahay ha'idiin fududeey...She's a clever little lady...

About first day of school, they put me in grade 8 when we arrived in Canada...Alloow alle, they paired me with this girl, who was one of popular ones in the class to show me around...N'way, she opened and held a door for me, so going through it I said "tankiyuu"...Didn't she just STOP, looked at me with eyes wide open and for everyone to hear said "YOU SPEAK ENGLISH?" And then, there was my Ukrainian friend who also didn't speak english, but we always managed to play and speak to one another, yes we spoke...Just don't ask waxaan ku hadli jirnay...Alla maxeey fries iga dhameysay qumayada! "can I have one" "can I have two" "can I have three" uun bey gurijirtay...

NGONGE   

It's been a full year since Dahabo arrvied. Last week, she spoke on the phone to her mother in Burco. We put the call on the speaker phone and laughed our heads off as we listned to the conversation. The mother spoke in Somali and the daughter replied in English. Heh.

NGONGE   

^^ Won't work. We're outnumbered at home. At any rate, when I feel left out, I usually speak Carabi and confuse the whole lot of them.

NGONGE;788626 wrote:
It's been a full year since Dahabo arrvied. Last week, she spoke on the phone to her mother in Burco. We put the call on the speaker phone and laughed our heads off as we listned to the conversation. The mother spoke in Somali and the daughter replied in English. Heh.

Xaasidsaniddaa ninyahow - whole year passed before you let the poor girl speak to her mum :mad: