Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

Coffee? Anyone?

haha, I soon as come up to the front and say hi to them, the guy/girl will be like "tall caramel macchiato extra hot?" and that's when I nod sheepishly :P so sad, but that's OK... life is too short to drink bad coffee!

Aaliyyah   

hahah I KNOW EH...life is too short no doubt..I was reflecting just few days ago on how fast my baby sister is growing! .

Kool_Kat   

As long as Timmy is around, Starbucks can kiss iskaalsooyinkeyga! Even if not Timmy, there's Second Cup, oh hell I'll even get qaxwo from Istar before I set foot in Starbucks...Anoo Canadian ah oo Canadian business awoodo inaan dollarkeyga galiyo, abadan Starbucks inaan penny siiyo...Besides, sida looga badbadiyaanba necbahay! :mad:

Ps, Timmy's toloow ma Canadian owned baa hada?

Aaliyyah   

^^that is what my palestinian friend used to say...waxay odhan jirtay ha cabina.hahah ! laakin runti wax yahuud laheen ma jiraan..they own so many things...!

ElPunto   

^LOL - too true. Let's face it folks practically everything in Canada is owned by Americans.

Don't like coffee so don't go to Starbucks. But even if I did - it's too damn expensive. Just buy Tim's French. If there was a decent place that serve shah Somali - I would spend a lot more on hot beverages.

Kool_Kat   

Well, doesn't matter, it was at one point a Canadian company...I am still holding on to that! I thought I read it somewhere, not too long ago, that Timmy was back in the hands of a Canadian? Oh well!

I don't know where my life would be without x-large double double!!!

Kool_Kat   

ElPunto, Salaama Hut's tea is the best of the best! Give it a try if you're in the Toronto area...Tell them KK sent you...:D

ElPunto   

^It's very good - I've had it. Not available in O-town or anywhere else apart from that area. We always think small - even with the success of Hamdi and the like. Anyone have the Chai latte at Starbucks - Somali shah - even a poorly made one would be better.

Kool_Kat   

Very poorly made @chai latte at Starbucks...I once tasted it for someone who swore to me it was the next best thing to Shaah Soomaali...Soap baaba iiga dhadhamay...

ElPunto   

^Exactly. That was what my sister said. I don't think so. But a lot of ppl love it. You can never understand people's tastebuds.

Showqi   

grasshopper;707044 wrote:
haha, I soon as come up to the front and say hi to them, the guy/girl will be like "tall caramel macchiato extra hot?" and that's when I nod sheepishly
:P
so sad, but that's OK... life is too short to drink bad coffee!

Grasshopper, Si fiican baa laguu bartay. I don't know why people like Starbucks coffee! anniga maba ii dhadhamaba give me Timmy and I am happy

The Zack   

I don't blame our Canadian SOLers for loving Tim Horton, ayagoo yar yar bey kusoo koreen its their coffee :D. Anybody that never had Tim hortons, make sure u never order small size coffee as they will give u this tiny tiny cup, first time they gave me that I almost threw it out to their trash can.

ElPunto   

^Anaka wadaan kuma cabno qaxwaha.

Everything is bigger and cheaper south of the border. A medium coffee equals extra large in Canada. You go to Mcdonalds and for 5 bucks you can feed yourself and 2 friends. It's no wonder everyone wuu naaxay.