Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

Coffee? Anyone?

The Zack   

Apparently Starbucks CEO doesn't know that he charges us about $5 for his coffee. Akhri..

Starbucks CEO Laughs At The Notion That His Coffee Costs $5

3-29-2011%2012-07-31%20PM.jpg

Katie Couric recently interviewed Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz on CBS Sunday Morning and asked him if he thought the company had a "tin ear" to what people were going through with the recession. Perhaps, she suggested, they couldn't afford to pay "$5 on their coffee every day." Schultz's response was to laugh. You see, Starbucks coffee only costs $1.50.

Couric: "Do you think that the company, and you, had a tin ear about what people were experiencing during the height of the recession?"

Schultz: "No."

Couric: "You know, that maybe they couldn't spend $5 on their coffee every day?"

Schultz (interrupting, laughing): "Katie! It's not five bucks! It's not five bucks, let's get that right! It's $1.50!"

Couric: "No, for these fancy coffee drinks, that people are addicted to! It's a lot more than $1.50, Howard."

Schultz (laughing in disbelief): "Ok, Ok. We did not have a tin ear."

Couric: "Little bit?"

Source: Consumerist

The Zack   

This guys doesn't understand that we addicts spend way more than $5 for his fancy coffee. At least noo ogolow waxaan bixino qashiin waaxid :)

Complete   

Starbucks is overrated. I support local coffee houses and cafe shops. They're prices are reasonable and are made with quality :D. Thank God Starbucks is banned in some parts of my city.

Support local businesses!

Complete   

It's honestly overrated. I can make a mean months worth of white chocolate mocha for the same price Starbucks charges for one cup.

An organized grassroots effort to block Starbucks in parts of my city came about when locals noticed how many cafes were going out of business. Many of those business' existed long before Starbucks came to reign over all coffee shops.

The Zack   

Vans, I applaud your city for protecting the local small cafes. As far as being overrated, if you can makeme drive through your place EVERYDAY to get a cup of coffee, you are doing something right. :). I am just saying. Having said that, it is very well over-priced and something needs to be done about that before consumers go to the lower level coffee makers (i.e. Tim Hortons in my area).

The Zack   

LOL@Bashiir. Staying healthy huh? I don't blame you. Just the other day, my best friend has been diagnosed with some kind of high blood pleasure disease. Guess what? He has been told to avoid drinking Coffee and his favorite drink, Coke. So I understand that coffee can cause some serious health problems but I still cannot resist. Anybody who says coffee is not addictive is freaking lying.

Five litters of water? Isn't that roughly two gallons? Man, that is a lot of water for one day!

Aaliyyah   

I love timmies ..! n y do u expect a sympathy or acknowledgement frm some rich CEO lol...adiga hada shan dollar shaah rabtid in aa ku gadatid wa sheko ku taala mr Zack. :P

The Zack   

Liyah, CEO-gu hadduu nin caadi ah ahaan at least qiimaha shaahiisa wuu ogaan lahaa. That is where his millions of dollars of bonus money come from dabaalka. Anyways Timka laftiisa saas raqiis uma aha gabadheey. English toffee aa ka tuurataa yaah? Mise French vanilla.

Aaliyyah   

Hot chocolate all the way lol...sometimes french vanilla!..and yeah it is cheap!.it cant get cheaper than that dude!...and da sad thing is i never win anything just today I drank two cups of hot chocolate..I was tempted to buy a third lol...walahi its the biggest scam ever!...bt I wanted to win something like a freakin car or somin lol..

btw i dnt think he cares abt much he charges for his cup of coffee as long as the customers are buying it and he is rich..

Complete   

I wish Tim Horton's was available in Southern California. 24/7 qaxwo and donuts? Hell yeah.

Funny story. I was visiting family in Canada a while back. My family introduces us to Tim Horton's. I'm obviously in awe. Being the American I am, I asked and pointed to a box of donut holes. They're like what? Donut holes? What the hell is that? I'm pointing at it dork! He's like oh you mean the Tim Bits. I was like :confused: call it what you want I want that. Then he precedes to ask why I call it that. Told'em that's what it's called in my neck of the woods and to clear the air, it's the remaining dough of an actual donut hole, hence the name. Bakhtiyaasha still didn't get it. It got really awkward and I looked for my opportunity to jet right on out. Canadians :rolleyes:

donut-1.jpghole125-dozen.jpg

See the hole in a whole donut? -----> those are the holes

Aaliyyah   

lol the image kills me..we are not as dumb as the person who was serving u at the timmies :P..a friend of mine explained to me a while back. My answer at first was the same..what the hell is a donut hole..bt after the first explanation I got it..im not sure y that person who was serving u was slow lol..

salaam