Complete

Vans Files: My Weird and Amusing Findings

Chimera   

Vans;705570 wrote:

Python swallows baby in Okada

A python swallows a baby in Okada, Edo state

Article | March 22, 2011 - 11:35am | By Emmanuel Chidiogo

pythonbaby.jpg

A python, yesterday, swallowed a baby at Okada, Edo State.

Witnesses say the snake, measuring about 10ft long, swallowed a six-month-old baby that was left abandoned outside a house.

The baby was reportedly left on a mat outside, while the mother went inside. A witness, who claimed to have arrived the scene as the snake was in the process of swallowing the baby, raised an alarm. People rushed to the scene and killed the snake, but were too late to save the baby.

Source:

RIP to the baby! Terrible, terrible fate!

Complete   

My Student, the 'Terrorist'

April 3, 2011

By Jeanne Theoharis

photo_11308_portrait_large.jpg

Pale and gaunt, he stood there, having endured three years of pretrial solitary confinement. "Alhamdullilah," he said.

Yes. He had allowed an acquaintance to stay with him in his student apartment in London—an acquaintance who had raincoats, ponchos, and waterproof socks in his luggage, which the acquaintance later delivered to Al Qaeda.

One day before his case was set to go to trial, nearly four years after he had been arrested, Syed Fahad Hashmi, a U.S. citizen, accepted a government plea bargain on one count of conspiracy to provide material support to terrorism.

Eight years earlier, Fahad and I had sat across from each other in my office. A student in my civil-rights seminar, he had come in to discuss his final research paper. Months after the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center, he wanted to examine the denial of civil rights and constitutional protections that Muslim groups across the political spectrum were facing in the United States.

A devout Muslim and outspoken political activist, Fahad had been a lively and overly talkative participant in class discussion. Relishing debate, he had not shied away from disagreement. I often saw him in the halls before and after class deliberating with other students, discussing the issues of the day or denouncing U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East and the treatment of Muslims in America. He seemed to prefer to talk to those who did not share his political views, and to possess the overly optimistic belief that with a good argument, he could win others over. He would sometimes tire me out by his indefatigable talking, and on occasion, by leaving materials in my mailbox about converting to Islam. His utopia was a state ruled by religious law, and he held beliefs that I certainly did not share about global politics and the ascendancy of Islam.

reading the complete article here: http://chronicle.com/article/My-Student-the-Terrorist/126937/

The Zack   

Vans;706121 wrote:

being-busty.jpg

gramparents.jpg

dance-paradise.jpg

Love the last one.

LOOL That is funny. The autocorrect thing gets me ALL the time! Try texting "what the F*&^", it will auto correct it to "What the TUCK!" LOL

Complete   

^LOL. I get a kick out of reading these fail messages. I've had so many awkward moments with the auto-correction feature. Reading others fail moments is better and funnier.

The Zack   

^Ha Ha! You like to laugh, not laughed at, huh?

Auto correction is crazy. Try to type in Somali and let me know what you get. It even gets crazier lol.