Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

Another Somali Youth Lost to Violence! :(

Kool_Kat   

Police have identified a 24-year-old found dead in the stairwell of an apartment building in Etobicoke as Abdikadir Khan.

The Toronto native's body was originally discovered on the fourth floor of 320 Dixon Road, just west of Islington, Sunday afternoon.

Police are asking the public's help identifying the owner of a jacket that was found in the vicinity of the homicide.

The black leather jacket designed by Al Wissan bears a large design on the back depicting a skeleton with a pirate's kerchief over its head and an eye patch.

Also, the slogan "Dead Men Tell No Tales" is found along the various seams of the coat.

It is believed the owner may have been a witness to the crime and investigators are asking that person to call them at 416-808-7400 or Toronto Crime Stoppers.

Anyone who may have heard or seen something suspicious early that morning on Sunday, March 20, between 2 a.m. - 3 a.m., are asked to contact Det. Sgt. Pauline Gray at 416-808-7412, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook.

Source

Ismahaan   

Subhan Allah, soomaali waa is dhamaaysey dibad iyo dal. Bal dad refuge ku ah wadan aaysan lahaayn oo misna intaays is dilaya oo xumaato, macsi iyo dhibaato ku dhex jira meeshaay hora mar sameeysan lahaayeen. Cajiib.Ilaahay ha u naxariisto marxuunka, reer kiisina samir iyo imaan ha ka siiyo.

Kamaavi   

Kool_Kat;705063 wrote:
Also, the slogan
"Dead Men Tell No Tales"
is found along the various seams of the coat.

The old adage "dead men tell no tales" is untrue. A dead body is extremely eloquent and honestly informative if one listens to the tells it tells. The persons conducting the autopsies have the advantage that the dead bodies do not lie to them.

So autopsy is a "dialogue with the dead". The diseased is interrogated to elicit the answer of the following questions : Who are you? When were you hurt, when did you become ill and when did you die? Where did you get hurt and where did you die? Did you die as a result of violence, from natural causes or combination of both? If violence was completely or partially responsible for your death, was it suicidal, accidental or homicidal? If some one killed you who did it? What was the crime, who did it when was it done and where? How done and with what motive, who in the deed did share?

Alhah yarxam marxuunka. Samir & Imaan.

Kool_Kat   

I doubt it'll be resolved, legally anyway!

The other day a distant relative on mine's son way beaten blue/black, when his mother asked him to report it, his jawaab was very typical "I AIN'T SNITCHIN' ON NOBODY, I'll handle it!" WTF!

Allaha unaxariisto, cidiisana samir iyo imaan ka sii...

Aaliyyah   

aww that is sad. That is exactly why I hate when somalis raise their kids in the wrong neighborhoods. Even though I am sure many of them were forced due to their financial issues. But, maybe if the parents tried their best and somehow saved money that they use in other means ee ka maarmi karaan they could have avoided such situations. Either way allah yarhamhu...and make it easy on their family.

Kool_Kat   

Majority of the Somali families who live in "bad" neighborhoods are not forced to live there, at least not for financial reasons...Iyagaa raba, to save a penny or drive the lastest vans/cars, or buy homes in Kenya/Carabaha/etc...It is sad, any which way you look at it...Allaha u sahlo umadeena dal iyo dibadba waxbaa na heysta!

Showqi   

Illaahay ha u naxariisto marxuumka.

Aaliyyah;705100 wrote:
Even though I am sure many of them were forced due to their financial issues. But, maybe if the parents tried their best and somehow saved money that they use in other means ee ka maarmi karaan they could have avoided such situations. Either way allah yarhamhu...and make it easy on their family.

Kool_kat;705100 wrote:
Majority of the Somali families who live in "bad" neighborhoods are not forced to live there, at least not for financial reasons...Iyagaa raba, to save a penny or drive the lastest vans/cars, or buy homes in Kenya/Carabaha/etc...It is sad, any which way you look at it...Allaha u sahlo umadeena dal iyo dibadba waxbaa na heysta!

Aaliyyah and KK you both right a lot of Somali families spend their money unnecessary stuff such as: cars, designer clothes and electronics. Very sad. By the way they said the black leather jacket that was left at the scene cost around 1,200.00 Canadian Dollar it's popular amongst rap and hip-hop artists.

ElPunto   

Woohoo(?) - for once it's not us. Pretty sure he's not Somali unless someone knows otherwise. The last name is a giveaway as is the picture. He looks South Asian to me.

13009E5N2ZZ-1Q92.jpg

ElPunto   

^We have no basis of determining nationality except the features and the name. Unless someone knows otherwise....not sure that claiming him to be mixed is relevant.

Edit - Not sure why folks are rushing to claim he's Somali unless you have direct knowledge.

Kool_Kat   

Of course his last name isn't Somali, and I wouldn't have made the assumption of saying he's Somali just going by his photo or the crime taking place in Dixon - meesheey maryooleyda ku badan yihiin...He's half Somali, shalay ayaana laduugay marxuumka!