Sign in to follow this  
nafta

Before You Sleep

nafta   

I was wondering what you brothers and sisters say before you go to bed...any ducas or qoran?? I read sura al-axad till the fatixa, that's all. Have you got any ducas i can read as well, anything would be very helpful.

Waad mahadsan tihiin already

P.S. Lately i have been having these weird dreams about ppl reading the quran and crying. It was on an open field with a lot sand(??). Also most of the ppl were women, and looked like something awful had happened, they had an expression of deep pain on their faces. Everytime i wake up sweating and crying myself, although i dont know why...has anybody had this dream before or anything like it...i'm getting really scared here, cuz i dont know what it means. I didnt recognise any of the women as well. I'm scared as hell, i told my family about it, but they told me to read ducas before i sleep...so that's why i'm askin for it, anything to do with this kinda dreams would be so helpful

qoslaaye   

NAFTA LET ME TRY TO EXPLAIN YOUR DREAM, JUST TRYING IT OK. THESE WOMEN WHO ARE READING THE QURAN AND CRYING MEANS, "THEY NEVER READ THE QURAN WHEN THEY WERE IN THE WORLD AND THEY ARE NOW PUNISHED BECUASE OF THAT" THE MESSAGE YOU SHOULD GET IS READ THE QURAN BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE.

THE SECOND PART OF THE DUCA SISTER READ "ISTAAQFURULAAH 33 TIME, ALLXAMDULILAAH 33TIMES, LAA ILAAHA ILAAH 33TIMES, AND READ LAA XAWLA WALAA QUWATA ILAA BILAAHIL CALIYUL CADIIM 1TIME. THAT 100 EVERY NIGHT BEFORE YOU GO TO SLEEP, THAT IS WHAT PROPHET MOXAMED (SCW)TOLD HIS DAUGHTER FADUMA AND ALI IBN ABUDAALIB"

HOPE THAT HELPED

What I do: Read Suratu Naas, Falaq, and Iklaas X 3

I believe its recommended by the Prophet(SAW), can't remember the hadith...so if any1 can help, feel free. Trust me you will sleep better smile.gif

Also about your nightmare, don't speak of it. When u wake up, turn to your left and say Acuudibilaah, 3 times I believe.

Hope that helped.

Samafal   

As sister Tamina said read Suratul Nas(Quladhu birabi nas) , Falq (Quladhu birabil falaq), Ikhlaas. Read them into your two palms and rap them (two palms) in to your whole body. Do it three times every night before you go to sleep. Also read Ayatul Kursi (Allahu laa ilaah ilaahuwal xayul qayuum…). This is the way Prophet Mohamed (S.A.W) you use to do it even when he was sick Aisha (R.A) use to do this for him. I would love to relate the Hadiths but unfortunately I haven’t got them here with me but I am sure that is what they meant. There are also other adhkaar to read when you put your head on the pillow. The one I can remember is: (Allahuma inii aslamtu nafsii ilaika walja, atu dhahrii ilaika raqbatan warhbatan ilaika laa malja,a walaa manjaa ilaa ilaika laa maljaa walaa manjaa ilaa ilaika, amantu bikitakikaladii anzalta, wabinabiyikaladii arsalta). It would be good if you can get hold of Husnil Muslim. It is small book and it’s written on it a lot of easy adhkaars. I hope that helps.

Also I would like to point out don't tell anyone about your bad dreams because prophet Mohamed said the bad dreams are from shaitan and spit on your left shoulder three times while saying Ahuudhu Bilaaahi Minashaydaani Rajiim. You tell some one you love when you contract good dream. That is all i can remember for now but I am confident there will be a lot of nomads who will be in position to help you.

Xafsa   

I do the same thing that YAcquub and Tamina do...but theres this book called " xusnul muslim" and it has all the du'as you will need for any sort of situation...it has more du'as you should read before you go to bed.

I also read the last two ayas of surah al-baqarah....I heard that if you read those it would be as though you parayed salatul leyl...but I'll get back to you on that.

SAGAL   

Assalamu alaikum

Nafta, Maybe these dreams are signs from Allah. Maybe Allah is trying to tell you something. You can go to this site and ask your question:

http://www.jamiat.org.za/

If i have a dream and i don't understand, I always go to this site. So give it a try. ;)

nuune   

adaaba ku riyooda dad quraan akhriya,yaaba kaa fiicanba,anyway i usually read this duca before going 2 bed,it is very short: bis mikallaah amuutu wa axyaa and i read this when i wake up,it is very short: al xamdu lilaahi lathii axyaanii bacda maa amaatanii wa ilayhi nushuur,

nafta try to figure out the dream yourself if u can!!

Raxmah   

Asalamu alaikum

Here wat i do usually b4 sleeping.

Make wudoo--making wudoo b4 u go to bed will keep shaytan away from you, and will not mess with ur dreams.

Sleep on ur right side--its sunnah

I also read-

“Allaahumma bismika ahyaa wa amoot (O Allaah, in Your name I live and die).”

the last 3 surah in the quran

“Allaahumma qini ‘adhaabaka yawma tab’ath ‘ibaadaka (O Allaah, protect me from Your punishment on the Day You resurrect Your slaves).”

“Al-hamdu Lillaah alladhi at’amanaa wa saqaanaa wa kafaanaa wa aawanaa fakam mimman laa kaafi lahu wa laa mu’wi (All praise is for Allaah, Who fed us and gave us to drink, and Who is sufficient for us and has sheltered us, for how many have none to suffice them or shelter them).”

“Allaahumma Rabb al-samawaati wa’l-ard wa Rabb al-‘arsh il-‘azeem, Rabbaanaa wa Rabba kulli shay’in, Faaliq al-habb wa’l-nawa wa munzil al-Tawraati wa’l-Injeeli wa’l-Furqaan, a’oodhu bika min sharri kulli shay’in anta aakhidhun bi naasiyatihi. Allaahumma anta al-awwal fa laysa qablaka shay’un, wa anta al-aakhir fa laysa ba’daka shay’un, wa anta al-zaahir fa laysa fawqaka shay’un wa anta al-baatin fa laysa doonaka shay’un. Iqdi ‘annaa al-dayna wa aghninaa min al-faqri (O Allaah, Lord of the seven heavens and the exalted Throne, our Lord and Lord of all things, splitter of the seed and the date-stone, Revealer of the Tawraat and the Injeel and the Furqaan [Qur’aan], I seek refuge in You from the evil of all things You shall seize by the forelock [have total mastery over]. O Allaah, You are the First so there is nothing before You, and You are the Last so there is nothing after You. You are al-Zaahir [the greatest and highest] so there is nothing above You, and You are al-Baatin [aware of the subtlest secrets] so there is nothing closer than You. Settle our debt for us and spare us from poverty).”

PS--I hope there isnt typos in here, i was typing really fast.

These are the duas the prophet used to read b4 going to bed.

nafta   

Thank you all for your contribution, i try to read all the ducas now before i go to sleep.

nuune

well am glad u see it as a blessing to dream about the qur'an, laakin hadaad habeenkasta oohin la soo kaceydis wax kale ayaa jiro mahaan??

Anyway, thanx sisters and brothers for the duca's, i wrote eacht single one down so i can leanr it and memorise it for myself! Ilahey kheyr haa na'isiyo...amiin