Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Jacaylbaro you useless goat- didn't I told you to arrest this guy- Now look what he is spewing!!

Melelaos Agaloglou introduces his series analysing historical and contemporary issues surrounding the unrecognised state of Somaliland. Currently living in Hargeisa, its capital, his pieces on Somaliland provide an in-depth, extensively-researched insight into the past, present and future potential of the country, and its place in the world.

Somaliland: Past, Present and Future - Part 1 (Click here)

Somaliland: Past, Present and Future, part 2 (click here)

The clan system is a hybrid system that in specific circumstances can unite people whereas in other circumstances it can divide them. The lines are not drawn in a clear way and different scholars have revealed that
an individual can ‘choose’ his clan, depending on numerous factors,

Oh c'mon Alpha Blonde aka Marx Smith - do you think Somalia is the same as SOL where you can register a forum name and claim to be from Awdal until you get bored and claim Berbera?? i suggest you tell your friend about Ngonge's theory. :D

before things are taken out of context, its important that i clarify a few things.

i knew the man in question very well. he was a colleague at UoH. I only answered a few questions he had regarding somaliland and somalis. the article was all his own work. he hardly had any contact with local people and nor did he make any attempt to conduct any research. the article was based on secondary sources.

he only held a masters degree. his tenure at the post-graduate course was very shorted lived. he is not a professor of conflict resolution.

i'm happy to answer any more questions.

Sayid*Somal;694179 wrote:
Oh c'mon Alpha Blonde aka Marx Smith - do you think Somalia is the same as SOL where you can register a forum name and claim to be from Awdal until you get bored and claim Berbera?? i suggest you tell your friend about Ngonge's theory.
:D

before things are taken out of context, its important that i clarify a few things.

i knew the man in question very well. he was a colleague at UoH. I only answered a few questions he had regarding somaliland and somalis. the article was all his own work. he hardly had any contact with local people and nor did he make any attempt to conduct any research. the article was based on secondary sources.

he only held a masters degree. his tenure at the post-graduate course was very shorted lived. he is not a professor of conflict resolution.

i'm happy to answer any questions.

BOB   

I want to ask a serious question please and I hope people will give me an honest answer....Is there anyone amongst us here that can actually proof that they indeed belong to the tribe that we all think we belong to? All we know is what we're told by our elders told by their fathers told by his father and by his forefathers so on and so forth? Think about it.:D

Kuwaa waxay ku waalan doonaan anigu reerkayaga waa la yaqaan iyo waxaan loo joogin...Are you sure?:cool:

How many people have you thought or heard belonged to a certain tribe yet live amongst another tribe as one of their own? My point is this so-called Somali tribal monkey business is not authentic and lacks subtance and credibility the same way this whole so-called article has no base...Ppl don't get mad I'm not accusing you of anything No Buufis Nonsense Please qabiilkaaga iska ahoow but think about it...you could belong to a different tribe for all you know.:D

PS. Jaceylbaro....dee waxan aan magaca la aqoon sitaayi waa inaad fiiro gaar ah u yeelataa for all we know he could be a bloody runaway peodophile marka ninka inaga ilaali yuusan balaayo inoo keenine hadii kale meesha isaga kaalay anigaa shaqo ka qabanayee...IHargeisa Univeristy lecturer buuba ku leeyahay...yaa reference u ah ninku? yaa inoo keenay? Walluusan UK kasoo tageen haduu professor run ah yahay oo uusan Somaliland usoo shaqo tageen ee ninku dan kaluu wataaye inaga eeg JB'yow....Kolleey anigu I will forever be suspicious of gaal wuxuu doonaba ha isku sheego wallaanan aaminin gaal intaan ifka saaranahay.:D

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB;694309 wrote:
I want to ask a serious question please and I hope people will give me an honest answer....Is there anyone amongst us here that can actually proof that they indeed belong to the tribe that we all think we belong to? All we know is what we're told by our elders told by their fathers told by his father and by his forefathers so on and so forth? Think about it.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Yes, I believe I can BOB, speak for your self, am very confident in my tuulo

Alpha Blondy;694293 wrote:

i'm happy to answer any more questions.

Heh@short lived - not a professor. You don't say - tell me more.

Did you him know from his Queen Mary days?? - i belief he was there at the same time as Val & Paragon

Why was his tenure at the course short lived? - Was he fired - or course withdrawn? How popular was the course with students?

What drew him to teach in post conflict areas in Africa (Sierra Leone, Sudan, SL etc)? Obviously not the money!

Have you managed to have in depth discussions on supposed area of expertise (conflict resolution) and if so what are his views on solutions to the pirates problems?

Why did he hardly have any contact with local people? ma in la af duubo ka baqayaa? :D

Is he still in Hargaysa? if so what is he doing now?

Tell me more man.....

I want to ask a serious question please and I hope people will give me an honest answer....Is there anyone amongst us here that can actually proof that they indeed belong to the tribe that we all think we belong to? All we know is what we're told by our elders told by their fathers told by his father and by his forefathers so on and so forth? Think about it.

First of all - i don't belong to a tribe - i am the proud progeny of powerful and well respected clan in Somalia with settlements stretching across the Somali peninsular (indian ocean side) from Ras Hafun to Kismayo with its ancient metropolis aptly named Qardho in mountains ranges of Karkaar. :D

Is that clear to you now - good - don't let me read such staff and nonsense about monkey business in here again. :D

PS. Jaceylbaro....dee waxan aan magaca la aqoon sitaayi waa inaad fiiro gaar ah u yeelataa for all we know he could be a bloody runaway peodophile marka ninka inaga ilaali yuusan balaayo inoo keenine hadii kale meesha isaga kaalay anigaa shaqo ka qabanayee...IHargeisa Univeristy lecturer buuba ku leeyahay...yaa reference u ah ninku? yaa inoo keenay? Walluusan UK kasoo tageen haduu professor run ah yahay oo uusan Somaliland usoo shaqo tageen ee ninku dan kaluu wataaye inaga eeg JB'yow....Kolleey anigu I will forever be suspicious of gaal wuxuu doonaba ha isku sheego wallaanan aaminin gaal intaan ifka saaranahay.

See! - that is more like it - i knew you were capable of such well thought out thought/suggestion - which lead to that confused Hargaysaawi to think sometime that you are me :D (because i adviced of the same thing only last week)

Jacaylbaro;694334 wrote:
There are times i think Bob is Sayid Somal ..........

and i know - there are times that you are certifiable crazy. :D

Marka intaat waalida iska dhaafto - ninkaas soo baar - ama xir ama soo masafuri :D

BOB   

Boowe maxaa is badalay baryahan? Goormay kala dheceen xeeradii iyo fandhaalkii maxaase kala riday?:confused:

JB, Dee waa maxay af lagaadadu? Anigu Tuulo kamaan iman dee billaa caleek....I'm from Kismayo the same city where ay iska dhiibaan lagana qaabilo dadka kasoo qaxay Qardho.:D

Naxar...I asked for an authentic Proof I didn't ask for the place where your Tolka reside sxb and you failed to provide it the same way Sayid failed....illaa iyo hada waxaad meesha la timaadeen reer hebel baan ka dhashay oo meel hebla daga iyo waxaan la aqoon which like I said is nothing but a Monkey Business.

Aniguba I can post stories that my Grandmother (God rest her soul) used to tell me but I don't want to sound like one of those clan crazed junkies running around with nothing but legend tales told by herdsmen with nothing better to do as I cannot produce an authentic written proof that some of the names we claim as ancestors even existed...who can proof that men called D!r, D@rod, H@wiye etc existed other than what we were being told and let's be honest some of the stories we hear would make 2 year old child feel cheated that's who stubidh they sound...at least to me anyway.:)

The only thing I can proof is that I can live freely any city or town in Somalia or wherever Somalis live...be it Nugaal, Mudug, Bari, Hargeysa, Burco, Berbera, Borama, Mogadishu, Djibouti, NFD, OG'enia, Kismayo and no one can dare touch me...Go Figure.:cool:

Peace, Love & Unity.

Sayid*Somal;694355 wrote:
Heh@short lived - not a professor. You don't say - tell me more.

Did you him know from his Queen Mary days?? - i belief he was there at the same time as Val & Paragon

Why was his tenure at the course short lived? - Was he fired - or course withdrawn? How popular was the course with students?

What drew him to teach in post conflict areas in Africa (Sierra Leone, Sudan, SL etc)? Obviously not the money!

Have you managed to have in depth discussions on supposed area of expertise (conflict resolution) and if so what are his views on solutions to the pirates problems?

Why did he hardly have any contact with local people? ma in la af duubo ka baqayaa?

Is he still in Hargaysa? if so what is he doing now?

Tell me more man.....

You ask too many questions.