Sign in to follow this  
Brother Warsameh

SHOULD MUSLIMS HATE JEWS?

Abtigiis   

I suppose the milky one is the one that disturbed you. In any case, wixii qaldan nala soo socodsii adiguna. In public or private.

Warsame, calool jileecsiga iska dhaaf, ninyo. The fact that "Israel being the FIRST country to recognize" Somalia -however true to that- is irrelevant here. You mixing two things here politics and Islam, Deenul-Haq! Meel isugu bayr bal!

Re. your question SHOULD MUSLIMS HATE JEWS? sister Umm_Uthman had answered your question correctly. Refer back to Al Quran for more clear and concise answers.

SHOULD MUSLIMS HATE JEWS? NO!

I believe that we should NOT confuse two different spheres; that of denouncing the unjust policies of the state of Israel and blindly hating innocent followers of judaism. An extremist Isreali Prime Minister, Jewish or otherwise, that supports an ideology of oppression and apartheid against the people of Palestine must be denounced precisely for what it is. So hating the leadership of the state of Isreal for all their atrocious past crimes against Palestine and their current policy should NOT lead us to disrespect all the jews in the world, in the same way that criticism of Muslim dictators should not be an attack on Islam and all its followers.

Besides, our holy prophet(p.b.uh) taught us to respect all human beings, regardless of all their differences. I remember there was a hadith that said that our Holy Prophet(pbuh) once stood up out of respect, when he saw a funeral procession passing nearby. When Rasuululah was told it was that of a Jew, he replied "Is it not human soul?"

One cannot neglect these teachings within the ahadith and continue to feed a tainted portrayal concerning Jews.

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of Califonia

Viking   

Well said man with two horns. Besides, aren't Muslims allowed to marry Jews? Imagine what it would be like at home if you are supposed to hate your kosher Jewish wife.

^^^ha ha ha, Good one! "Imagine what it would be like at home if you are supposed to hate your kosher Jewish wife."<----NOT HALAL!

dhulQarnayn :cool:

Republic Of California

Ariadne   

The biggest Palestinian rights activist I know is a Jewish woman. She lived there for some time, keeps me updated with all of these list serves of news mostly out of Palestine and did her thesis on the Nakba...

She is kinda a character in the sense that she hates zionism and is wary of Isrealites.

My point is there are a lit of Jews in the world who hate zionism and want nothing to do with it.

So as Muslims, we should hate zionists not Jews.

on a side note* some Isreali a**hole kept pronouncing mohammed.... muuqahaameed the other day and told me I was pronouncing it wrong... till I got angry and was like listen mofo it is MY last name! It has been in my family for generations so don't tell me how to pronounce it.

Ameen   

Interesting thread.

But one needs to understand the difference between Judaism and Zionism and after such a realization, the answer to your original question will be answered. Besides, if 'Muslims' were meant to hate 'Jews' then why, for so many years, did the Muslims leadership of past generations allow the Jews to live in peace along side the Muslims?

If only you opened a history book, you would come to realize that Jews and Muslims co-existed for many decades. Even till this very day, Iran, who Israel promotes as being an enemy to the Jewish faith, harbours 25,000 Jews to live in its country. Now you tell me, do Muslims hate Jews? The answer, no! Do Muslims hate oppression? Yes. . The matter and reasons as to why so many Muslims (and non-Muslims by the way) hate the Zionist regime is due to oppression and not the Jewish faith.

Personally, I know with certainty that Bani Israel were once upon a time, the selected group. However, that time has passed and I know with complete certainty and faith that Islam is the only path to salvation so why should I waste my time 'hating' a group of people when ultimately their final abode isn't good news?

One more thing, check out YouTube 'Rabbis against Zionism' and you'll see some famous and knowledgeable Rabbis speaking out against Zionism and more importantly, one scholar from the Jewish faith calling for the Jews to return to that period of time when they lived in peace under an Islamic State. Will it ever happen? Sure, in due time.

My first thought reading the title of the topic was "who is so ignorant to even write that", but I was even more puzzled after reading what Warsameh's had to say about this subject.

So in conclusion what you mean Warsameh is that if someone benefits you, you should support him, even if he's a brutal massmurderer?

Originally posted by Brother Warsameh:

Clearly says that Allah chose the Jews above all other people including Arabs!

"The children of Israel were favored by Allah and preferred above all creatures” (2:47).

As Somalis, we should be grateful to Israel for being the FIRST country to recognize us as an independent state in 1960 when the Arabs were shying away to recognize our independence!

The claim that Israel is our enemy and Arabs our friends is a shameful one supported neither by the Qur’an nor by history.

Hadal iyo caaaba waa la wadaagaa (ee lama tiro!)

Walaal, are you Muslim or not?