Sign in to follow this  
The Zack

Sheekh Sharif to Resign?

Leezu   

The Shabaabs and all those miiskin people from all those groups who are radical muslims should be destroyed and in the process develop the country one step at a time. The Ethiopians wouldnt have been supported today either, they are the number one enemy of Somalia and Somali people. If they could they would probably annex parts of Somalia inorder to get a coast, they'd rather see a weak divided Somalia than a strong united Somalia. We'll wait and see what happens, I hope stability and unity is brought back to Somalia and I think one of the top priorities in Somalia is to destroy the clan mind, probably could be done in a similar way that the Japanese did to bring unity.

Liban   

^^^ Leezu, the first step is to destroy the clan mind would be to destory the 4.5 rule and to start looking at politician as individuals and their qualities but not at their clan affiliations.

In Somalia today, people support political leaders who come from their clan. And they oppose who ever is not from their clan. It is very sad my brother.

Leezu   

Liban

Its true that its dangerous to have a unstable Libya but their number one reason is oil and I ask why havent this taken place in Yemen? Just because it is of little importance and the government is already a puppet state and thats what they wanna make Libya into by siding with the rebels. Yemen has been killing more people everyday and is not really a stable country anymore.

Liban   

^^^ Leezu, It is simple man. Yemen don't matter, however Libya matters because of the oil.. The world today is run by companies man. Oil companies can not have Libya as unstable country, there is a lot of oil there.

They have no interest in Yemen, since there is nothing to be made there. Same case with Somalia, Wallahi if our country had oil as much as Libya, you wouldn't see Shabab for 1 day after that.

Simple.

Leezu;717509 wrote:
The Shabaabs and all those miiskin people from all those groups who are radical muslims should be destroyed and in the process develop the country one step at a time. The Ethiopians wouldnt have been supported today either, they are the number one enemy of Somalia and Somali people. If they could they would probably annex parts of Somalia inorder to get a coast, they'd rather see a weak divided Somalia than a strong united Somalia. We'll wait and see what happens, I hope stability and unity is brought back to Somalia and I think one of the top priorities in Somalia is to destroy the clan mind, probably could be done in a similar way that the Japanese did to bring unity.

I agree with u.

Leezu   

Liban)

I am not familiar with this 4.5 rule but simply suggested the same method as the Japanese however the main goal is to erase the clan mind and which plan we make will not matter ofcourse aslong as it brings good results.

It is very sad indeed that we still support political leaders from our own clans instead of judging them by their governance only. Someone being from a certain clan doesnt mean anything, aslong as they are good we will keep them, if they are bad we will vote for another one.

Liqaye   

Libaan we would be very glad to hear your reasoning behind this tremendous endorsement of sharif sakiin, really we would, I had no idea that such a fantabulous individual was amongst the political establishment of Somalia and indeed among all Somali's!!

You can correct me if I am wrong but the other version of Sheikh Sakiin was very diffrent namely....

- He can not read beyond a Standard 3 level in Somali or English.

- He started his successful business in Baidoa after marrying a lady 6 years his senior Biyood Ismail [One of the richest Somali female entrepreneurs and in particular Mogadishu].

-That his business was predicated on the handling of U.N foodstuffs as well as the illegal sale of a large bulk of these during the civil war [a practice not limited to himself but a common denominator of many get rich quick individuals in Southern Somalia in the 90's].

- Because of his close ties with the Warlord Community of Mogadishu [in particular Qanyare that he is related to through marriage] he was their candidate for Speaker of Parliament, a position that he won in such an overwhelming manner, the Yusufites delayed the presidential election for a week to remedy the weakness they saw in the votes they had.

- Proving to be a hindrance rather than a help in the initial fall out between the Mogadishu warlords and the new TFG president.

- Gaining the Moniker of Shariff Sakin because of his demand of a percentage of every dollar that passed through his ministry when he was finance minister.

- His term as Finance minister was characterized by long periods of lack of payment of government officials ranging from Soldiers to Minister's, as well as the lack of any accounting or budget keeping[ Which leads to a famous anecdote by an individual from the italian embassy, who was tasked to follow up on some monies donated to the TFG, and shariff sakin pulling out his telephone calculator all the while promising the official the figures are saved on the phones memory].

-The combined output of his terms as speaker of parliament have lead to nil legislation of ANY SORT, that's right not one piece of legislation has ever been passed according to parliamentary by laws by the TFG parliament under Sharif Sakiin, every single ordinance announced by the TFG is either a presidential decision or voted upon by the council of ministers! Indeed the only decision that can be said to have the personal legislative stamp of the Speaker is the parliaments decision to extend its term by 3 years!

- Nothing is known about his views on any single topic e.g Federalism, the question of the Hargeisa triangle, would his administration continue the war or negotiate with al-shabaab, piracy, the ASWJ e.t.c

But we can look at the roll call of his "supporters" and determine what he stands for....

- General. Qeybdiid

- General [:)] Indhacadde

-Mohamed Dheere

- Juriile

- Jengeli

- Al-hajj [:)] Musa sudi Yalahow

and other countless individuals who seem to have been given the kiss of life by the air of elections!

So that is who I thought Shariff sakin was, and I really doubt I am wrong.... Inshallah after the elections we will have a new capable admin but that will not be the case with Shariff Sakin at the helm!

Liban   

Liqaye, I will try to answer all your questions and hopefully 'CORRECT' all your baseless accussations to the good Shariif Hassan.

First of all, you said something about him making his money as business man after he married a lady by the name of 'Biyod Ismail' who in your view is the richest business woman in Mogadishu u. Hahaha.

Where is she based in Mogadishu, she doesn't own one single business outside of small import business in Nairobi. Hahahaa, the richest in Somali he said, hahahaha.

My brother, Shariif Sakiin is married to 3 wives and "Biyod Ismail" is his third wife and last one. From my information they were married long after Shariif Sakiin was already established business man.

History wise, Shariif Sakiin founded a company by the name of "AL AHLI" This particular company was the life line and the economy muscle in Bay and Bakool.. Do your research my brother.. AL AHLI at one time early 1990's owned 3 air Cargo planes. And imported everything to Bay and Bakool. In the process, was making money from every item you can think of.

Secondly,

You said something about him not being an educated person, as in not holding a college degree. Well, that is true. But let me tell you something, my brother politics is about leadership, it is not about holding Phd's Ok. You can find the most educated person in Somali and ask him to lead the country, now does that automatically mean he is the most fit to lead.. In terms of leadership quality, show me one person who can pass Shariif Sakiin in that department.

After the Nairobi conference, all the people in Xamar were mad and were trying to sack the speaker.. After he returned, it didn't take him 1 week even to quite all of them. Now that is a true politician who can convince everybody, and at that he comes from the most weakest clan in Somali. He comes from the minority Asharaaf clan from Bay and Bakool. Not even the most powerful clan from Bay and Bakool. And you call him not educated and made his money from a woman. Sxb, fear Allah.

Everything else you said after that, I will answer in the most simplest way, you can understand.

Show me the prove, and get away from the fabrications sxb.

His term as finance minister, he stole money blah blah.. He sold the sea, whatever, where is your prove??

Shariif Sakiin, is independent minded politician. And that is what you call 'hindrance' we call that democracy. You should applaud the guy for always being independent minded, even if that proves to be problematic.

In fact, He ran Sheekh Shariif and directed him. Now we have a president who is not even capable of using his own mind. After the fall out between him and Shariif Sakiin. Now he's manipulated by the Alaa Sheekh group, namely his advisors who later he gave ministers positions.

Liqaye   

Libaan from a neutral position, you are doing a very poor job of propagandizing for your prefered candidate, you first logged on SOL in march 2011 and since then almost all your post's are either denigrating the current TFG, the President Sheikh Shariff or in fantastic praise of Sharif Sakiin.

I did not say Biyood ismail is the richest bussiness woman in somalia but rather this is what I said...

He started his successful business in Baidoa after marrying a lady 6 years his senior Biyood Ismail [One of the richest Somali female entrepreneurs and in particular Mogadishu]., unless you are as illiterate as your candidate you would know the difference.

As I said and you do not deny Shariff Sakin's import-export bussiness expanded on the back of tenders to deliver foodstuff in the Bay & Bakool regions of Somalia, Shariff Sakin benefited from get rich shady scheme's that occurred during the 90's in Somalia such as:

- Inflated Tenders.

- Double Costing.

- Inflation of operating costs [E.g the famous technical s].

- Diversion of Food stuffs to private wholesalers e.t.c

I did not say that Sharif Sakin was a PHd holder, That would be to liken in comparison a coakroach with a Massey Feguson Tractor, I said that your candidate can not read in Somali beyond the level of a Std. 3 student. Do not talk about leadership because in his position as leader of parliament [Raisul barlmaan] he has done nothing beyond provide fodder for every political impasse from Day one during the Presidency of Abdullahi Yusuf to now.

If he has failed so terribly in his position's of public responsibility either as speaker or Finance minister then what leadership do you refer to? other than the leadership he displayed in making such a good marriage match :).

Everything else you said after that, I will answer in the most simplest way, you can understand.

Show me the prove, and get away from the fabrications sxb.

His term as finance minister, he stole money blah blah.. He sold the sea, whatever, where is your prove??

Lool nice try saxiib but the onus is not on me to prove anything, you are the one who is attempting to paint your candidate in a good light consequently you should be the one to prove this blah blah as false, for me I believe any one who has got a modicum of knowledge of Current Somali history or politics will attest to the veracity of my claims.

Or are you going to try to claim I do not like him because he is not from a major clan.

Somalia will I.A get a better president than him in August 2011 or we are truly fracked!

Liban   

^^Liqaye, I won't go on more than what I already told you. You are trying hard to discredit Shariif Hassan. So, why don't you try to stop him, this forum won't help you in fabricating the only good leader we have in todays politics.

When you are accusing me of only posting things against the current TFG, and defending Shariif Xasan. Hahaha.

What are you doing then? The opposite of what I am doing. And at that, I never accused you of anything. But, rather trying to have with you a good debate. Even though, I know at first hand, that you are only trying to discredit Shariif Xasan because he's giving it to your preferred leaders in the current TFG. So please stop the childish form of debate you are practicing now, and grow up my friend.

On the other hand, Brother we will see. August is not far away. Don't be surprised though.

The other thing, do you see how quite Shariif Sakiin is, unlike Sheekh Shariif who everyday coming up with a new reason, while agreeing to his past reasons, while finding a new one everyday. SO DESPERATE.

Shariif Sakiin for PRESIDENT. LOL.

Liqaye   

^^^ Libaan a word of random advice invest your monumental potential to not get it, in a candidate who actually might serve the intreasts of the Somali people.

Liban   

^^^ Liqaye, I already did my friend. Thank you very much.

Shariif Sakiin is my guy, hate it or love it. The only individual in the TFG who is calm, collected, and very brilliant. What more do you want??