Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Independence is “up to the people of Somalia to decide,” said Ethiopia’s Foreign Minister

Ayoub....You can throw words around but to ignore the clan nature of the Somali politics is disingenuous. The very idea of Somaliland is born out of SNM's struggle and grievances real or perceived by one tribe. And as far as I know SNM represented the aspirations of a particular group just like SSDF and USC, the only difference is you want to partition the country. Your entire history and sense of nationhood (formation of this new identity or concept of Somaliland citizenship) has roots in SNM's struggle and the aspirations of the tribe that they formed and bankrolled it. The war against the Barre regime wasn't to restore the defunct Somaliland British Protective with the consent and the contribution of all northern tribes.

As for sitting with the TFG and warlords, you get me there honestly and I wouldn't sit with them either, at the moment it seems it's working to your advantage but it doesn't change my view that negotiated settlement is best way forward for all Somalis including the ones in the Greater Horn.

Somalia and Somali are synonymous but I wouldn't call anyone called Somalidiid if they don't part of unified Somalia.

bilan   

Xaaji

when was the last time you read Harowo, these days they are not supporting SL project believe me, and they do not have the flag anymore, did you even read their articles they are pro somali weyn. even Bashir Goth is comeing back to Somaliweyn.

Che -Guevara;689223 wrote:
Ayoub....You can throw words around but to ignore the clan nature of the Somali politics is disingenuous. The very idea of Somaliland is born out of SNM's struggle and grievances real or perceived by one tribe. And as far as I know SNM represented the aspirations of a particular group just like SSDF and USC, the only difference is you want to partition the country. Your entire history and sense of nationhood (formation of this new identity or concept of Somaliland citizenship) has roots in SNM's struggle and the aspirations of the tribe that they formed and bankrolled it. The war against the Barre regime wasn't to restore the defunct Somaliland British Protective with the consent and the contribution of all northern tribes.

The SNM Part of the show ended in 1991 and Somaliland was the result of the Burao conference. The idea of reclaiming independence was the agreed concept during that conference signed by all the attendees including those Garaads who are now refugees in Garowe.

bilan   

JB maa afkaaga haysatid, ma cid aan Garaad C/qani ahayn baa shirkaas saxiixay, mida kale those Garaads are in their own country, Garoowe is not in country, unless you consider Siilaanyo to be a refugee in Hargaisa, plus do not guys get tired telling lies, people were hijacked in Burco, the whole conference was about dib u heshiisiin between the clans so that SNM would not follow USC footsteps.

Thankful   

Jacaylbaro;689234 wrote:
The SNM Part of the show ended in 1991 and Somaliland was the result of the Burao conference. The idea of reclaiming

independence was the agreed concept during that conference signed by all the attendees including those Garaads who are now refugees in Garowe.

What nonsense! Not only were the people excluded from voting. But by your logic if those allegedly Garaads who are “refugees in Garowe” voted back in 1991 as you say…..wouldn’t that mean that they are now obviously against your enclave? So wouldn’t it make the so-called Burco conference decision null and void?

Also, if people agreed than why would the last NW Somalia leader who visited Laasaanood almost a decade ago be chased out of the city and for half the decade Puntland controlled it? The Burco conference happened in 1991, so why did all these things happen over ten years after it? Or Sool and Sanaag still don't allow ballot boxes?

Let’s say for arguments sake that the Garaads agreed on the illegal Burco conference to secede, than wouldn’t they have the right to decided to unite again? Or is the Burco conference the end all and be all? Of course not, and if you claim you have the right to break-away, than communities within your enclave have a right to make their own choices!

If the Garaads agreed like you said, well now they obviously disagree and that is why there is armed resistance to secessionism.

bilan;689241 wrote:
JB maa afkaaga haysatid, ma cid aan Garaad C/qani ahayn baa shirkaas saxiixay, mida kale those Garaads are in their own country, Garoowe is not in country, unless you consider Siilaanyo to be a refugee in Hargaisa, plus do not guys get tired telling lies, people were hijacked in Burco, the whole conference was about dib u heshiisiin between the clans so that SNM would not follow USC footsteps.

loool@ sheekadi qori ba la nugu dul hayey oo qasab banu ku saxeexay won't work adeer Garaad selebaan maxammad was there garaad abshir salax was there , garaad cabdiqani garaad jamac was there garaadkina guud.

bilan   

Show me where they signed, they left the meeting after they realized the meeting was hijacked by SNM, as I said before the only reason they went there was to make sure SNM does not go rampage.

JB adiguna ma waxaa kugu dhacay cudurkii xaajiga, how many times do we need to say the same thing THEY NEVER SIGNED. THE ONLY REASON THEY WENT THERE WAS FOR CONFERENCE BETWEEN NORTHERN CLANS NOTHING MORE.

Thankful   

And 20 years later they are the founders of the SSC and are willing to fight to stay away from secession.

I guess by forming the SSC they have made it clear how proud they are about being founders of your enclave as you say!

Kamaavi   

Xaaji Xunjuf;689215 wrote:
First of all Ethiopia said that Somaliland independence is up to the People of Somaliland and somalia and they will welcome the outcome on what the Somalilanders and the koonfurians agree on. Second Ethiopia does not act in a hostile way towards Somaliland and Galmudug supports Somaliland as an independent state so i have no problem with them ,
now lets not compare Ethiopia a regional power in the horn to a clan state oke

For now lets sing this song:

What clan state are you on to, xajiow? It seems you have accepted the reality that a clan state can't be a country. :D Besides if you know the theme of your song, it is anti Melle regime. It's talking about how long Ethiopia had suffered by the hands of Christian leaders. He is feeling sorry for his mother, i.e Abyssinaia. It's a revolutionary song that was made for all anti Tigres, and most of them would prolly know by heart. It was made during 2005 election. Tedy was arrested for producing it, and he was kicked out from his country later on.

If Siilanyo starts singing it for Melle, it would mean end of the fake dramas from both sides. Not a bad choice, for this thread. :D

AYOUB   

Che -Guevara;689223 wrote:
Ayoub....You can throw words around but to ignore the clan nature of the Somali politics is disingenuous.

With all due respect, if anyone does "ignore the clan nature of the Somali politics" in SOL then it's you and your views on clan.

What I was disputing was the deliberately clannish misleading comment; "your mistake was thinking you only have to secure Burco, Harg iyo Ber and yell independence, " An honest person would never say such thing and if you're prepared to demean and misrepresent efforts Somalilanders have made for peace, reconciliation and unity in a such way then your calls for "talks with Xamar" are nothing but a charade. Somaliland's clan demographics is one thing, the efforts the elders and the leaders made to solve the issues is another. Whatever the efforts gained or not, please don't claim Somalilanders thought "they only have to secure Burco, Harg iyo Ber and yell independence." That's incorrect - to put it mildly - especially for someone who is today calling for negotiations. A lot has been done and achieved in Somaliland besides securing what some clannish wailers in SOL call "the triangle", otherwise you would not be posting that Bloomberg article - be it with your changed headline.

AYOUB   

bilan;689220 wrote:
About Borame conference, come on do you think we were born yesterday, every single person who was living in northern Somalia in 1991 can tell you what happened. It was not that long ago you know. people from Awdal had two options, either support SNM project or get ready to be massacred, they chose the first option, but deep down they never supported SL, and now all you have to do is read their websites and you will know how much they love SL.

Deep down? Well I don't know about "deep down" because I don't have such powers. I can only judge by things like when the SL President calls for the people of Somaliland to come out for the national-wide "street cleaning days", virtually people from every corner of Somaliland come out voluntarily, especially the folks of Awdal. Were they threatened to come out too?

Secondly, were these Kulmiye Supporters forced to come out in support of Muj. Laba-tolle during Somaliland elections or are you saying "deep down" they're hypocrites? Why are they giving such a welcome to a former senior SNM Commander who was not only running for VP position but also with a former leader of SNM and current president of Somaliland?

Suldaanka;625345 wrote:
It looks like Mujaahid Cabdirahman Aw Cali (Labatole) is making a big statement to the Kulmiye leadership.

Check out the rock-star reception he was given by Borama residents.

Soo%20Dhaweyntii%20Cabdiraxmaan%20Aw%20C

PS I'm not going to tell you which members of SOL are from which clan, but there are threads where they were forced to "out" themselves by comments likes yours.