Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Independence is “up to the people of Somalia to decide,” said Ethiopia’s Foreign Minister

JB, you are the most devote leader of the secessionists.

Since when i was elected as a leader ?? ,,,,,,,,,

Indho Adayg.com ... Now what were u saying yesterday ??? :D

Thankful   

Leaders don't have to be elected! Teachers, Trainers, Elders, etc are all leaders! I am just saying you believe strongly in your secessionist cause and since you guys have found no success in your recognition goal from a single country. I think the Ethiopian FM has given you a great hint as to what you should to! I.E the TFG!

Old guys like Siilaanyo (and before him Riyaale) are thinking too far in the past! The youth need to bring a fresh face to the cause - that's where you come in.

The Zack   

AYOUB;688759 wrote:
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

C'on now look at the video above and tell me who is doing the "kissing". Remember the being kissed is the man who openly opposed the Ethio genocide in Xamar.

For a supposed an ONLF supporter you should've known the Ethio FM said nothing new. If he gave any other answer the follow question would have been 0gadenia region's indepence (which is something you have been concerning yourself with). Basic politics but I don't expect the likes of you figure it.
:P

Fact is Somalilanders travel to Ethiopia with their passports and our leader get kisses and red carpets rolled out for them by your ministers.
:)

Ayoub, It is a fact that Siilaanyo has been welcomed in Addis Ababa. For your information, Ethiopia welcomed and talked to many governors and even sometimes mayors from Somalia in the last two decades FOR ITS OWN i interest of divide and rule so don't make it sound like that Siilaanyo has gotten any special kisses. I am sure you know better. It is also a fact that Ethiopia made it crystal clear that they don't support Somaliland's struggle for secession. And keep in mind nobody asked HaileMariam this question, he came out from no where on his own to tell the world that Ethiopia doesn't want to see Somaliland as an independent country! "They shouldn't think themselves as South Sudanese". he said. Now, Mr. Ayoub, could you tell us what else is there for you guys to have relationship Ethiopia with? This is your nationhood in question, for god's sake! No country (I know yours aint one) in this world would call a friend another country that opposes its sovereignty.

P.s. This thread is NOT about if Somaliland's hopes for secession are valid or not, the thread is about how the stinking Xabsshis opposed the existence of the so called Somaliland's sovereignty. Discuss the right topic please.

Ayoub....What does qabyaalad and AS have to do with I said? You are being tad emotional. In any case, the countries you mentioned had still with their respective governments and reach a comprehensive deal that deals with issues of debt, citizenship, borders, etc.

Zack, you are right.

We know Ethiopia doesnt support Somaliland case for recongnition. The regime only serves its interest to maintain control over the country. Otherwise they would have recongnized Somaliland long time ago. Ethiopia's interest is the status quo of Somalia(weak, divided and in war) and Somaliland(unrecongnized, stable and weak). So Somalia and Somaliland dont form a threat to them.

But on the other hand. Somaliland and its people dont have love for Ethiopia either. But its in the short term interest of Somaliland to maintain a good relationship. Because Somaliland doesnt have a good relationship with its neighbours Somalia and till recently not even with Djibouti.

So, this "special" relationship is actually more a relationship of conveniance. Ethiopia needs Somaliland, so there wont be any front or danger from that side of the border. And it can focus on Eritrea and Somalia. And Somaliland needs Ethiopia as a diplomatic door to the outside world.

What Siilaanyo has done in the few months in power is to strenthen the relations with Djibouti, Kenya, Puntland, Somali region and even undercover with the TFG, Galmudug, etc. to weaken the dependancy with Ethiopia. They didnt like this and there was a diplomatic issue's and tension for a couple of months from the start of his goverment, and his visit to Ethiopia was to fuse the tension and restore diplomatic relationship.

Riyaale never wanted to risk the relationship with Ethiopia. Siilaanyo is willing to find otherways around Ethiopia. And the only way around Ethiopia is through Somali's(Djbouti, Puntland, Somalia and Somali region),Kenya and Arab countries.

But this has to be done diplomatic and not through megaphone politics in the media. Past months there has been a lot of developments and small steps taken. And coming weeks there will be some news around this issue. Which will be an important step forward for all Somali's.

The federal republic of Ethiopia might not have plans to recognize Somaliland for now but it has formal ties with Somaliland which benefits both countries and we will maintain this diplomatic relations with our neighbours as long as it benefits us . Qodax i don't think President Siilaanyos government is approaching the fake hotel government of Vila Somalia or the pirate state it's all in your head. Galmudug is a different case they made it clear that they don't have a problem with SL independence. Anything from that Ethiopia and Somaliland two neighbouring countries.

The Zack   

^So you got a big problem with Somalis not recognizing you as a state, as you said you have no problem with Galmudug because its "president" made it clear that he has no issues with Somaliland's independence. BUT(and yes big but) you have no issues when it Ethiopia doesn't recognize you as an independent state. Way to go, Mr. Xandhuf! Qashiinimadaa Somali kamaad keenin ee meeshaad ka keentay waa in la raadiyaa.

First of all Ethiopia said that Somaliland independence is up to the People of Somaliland and somalia and they will welcome the outcome on what the Somalilanders and the koonfurians agree on. Second Ethiopia does not act in a hostile way towards Somaliland and Galmudug supports Somaliland as an independent state so i have no problem with them , now lets not compare Ethiopia a regional power in the horn to a clan state oke

For now lets sing this song Zack

bilan   

Xaaji Xunjuf;689199 wrote:
The federal republic of Ethiopia might not have plans to recognize Somaliland for now but it has formal ties with Somaliland which benefits both countries and we will maintain this diplomatic relations with our neighbours as long as it benefits us . Qodax i don't think President Siilaanyos government is approaching the fake hotel government of Vila Somalia or the pirate state it's all in your head. Galmudug is a different case they made it clear that they don't have a problem with SL independence. Anything from that Ethiopia and Somaliland two neighbouring countries.

Xundhufoow maxaad u soo cayriseen gudoomiyihii Barlamaanka Galmudug? plus how many times do we have to repeat the same thing, i come to the conclusion reer somali diid gari ma gasho waa adoo gidaar la hadlaya.

AYOUB   

Che -Guevara;689168 wrote:
What does qabyaalad and AS have to do with I said? You are being tad emotional.

Anyone who tries to reduce Somaliland down to Burco, Hargeisa and Berbera is nothing but biased, clannish person, liar or all of the above. I just call a spade a spade. For a start, Borame gets more credit for creating Somaliland than Hargeisa in more ways than one. You're also a Shabaab supporter who is criticising Somalilanders for not negotiating with the so-called transitional governments and warlords. Things do not add up, maybe there's a lack of lateral thinking on your part. Being "a tad bit emotional" is neither, here nor there.

Che -Guevara;689168 wrote:

In any case, the countries you mentioned had still with their respective governments and reach a comprehensive deal that deals with issues of debt, citizenship, borders, etc.

That's the obvious and best way out, and no one can deny that (but Sahrawi is gaining Diplomatic Recognition without Morocco's endorsement.) Talks and amicable relations should not end with separation either. Ideally, they should continue as long as possible otherwise conflict is just around the corner and there many examples of this. I agree talking and negotiated settlement for Somali is the way forward, but don't hold your breath.

In an ideal world, Somaliweyn is wonderful place. Khalifate Nation is even better. But just because I do not agree with Shabaab Amiirs who want to hand over power to some reclusive Arab does not mean I hate the khalifah idea or should my Islamic beliefs quetioned. The same way, just because I do not want to be governed by Xamar warlords doesnt mean I'm "Somalidiid". Somalia-diid maybe? :)

Truth is there are more political advantages in three peaceful Somali States in world arena that are supportive of each other, than one big unfuctioning warring failed State. Somalia has benefited from little Djibouti, why could it not do the same from an independent SL? IMO, a significant number of the people in SL still have a Somaliweyn dream, but not under the current circumstances and and political climate. The dust needs to settle, and who knows maybe a some sort of "Union" might be achieved in our lifetime. I already like Xaji Xunjuf's idea of unified currency, trade, etc which includes SL and Djibouti for example. Forced union is not the answer but maybe new ideas and selling Xamar Cadde and Baydhaba Jannay is the way forward.

bilan   

AYOUB;689218 wrote:
Anyone who tries to reduce Somaliland down to Burco, Hargeisa and Berbera is nothing but biased, clannish person, liar or all of the above. I just call a spade a spade. For a start, Borame gets more credit for creating Somaliland than Hargeisa in more ways than one. .

I hate to get involved with your argument with Che, but please try to be honest, Somaliland is the project of I clan, you know and we all know, this was the idea of SNM and we know what clan SNM represented. About Borame conference, come on do you think we were born yesterday, every single person who was living in northern Somalia in 1991 can tell you what happened. It was not that long ago you know. people from Awdal had two options, either support SNM project or get ready to be massacred, they chose the first option, but deep down they never supported SL, and now all you have to do is read their websites and you will know how much they love SL. We will not talk about Sool and Sanaag. Here in SOL what do people from JB to Qodax have in common, they are all from one single clan, so where are the people from the other regions that you want the world to believe they support SL.