Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Dream Team 2006

N.O.R.F   

well we had the opportunity of a World Cup to guage the best players. Pick your dream Team

Gk - Buffon - no competition

2 - Zambrotta - ditto

3 - Abidal - (Ashley Cole not enough games)

4 - Terry - co comp

5 - Fabio Cannavaro - ditto

6 - Makalele - ditto

7 - Steven Gerrard

8 - Patrick Viera

9 - Theirry Henry

10 - ZINEDINE ZIDANE

11 - Ronaldinho

subs

Messi

Riquelme

Pirlo

Scheva

A solid D with a classy strike force me thinks

Baah!

Here is my team of 2006.

Gk - Petr Chec - no competition

2 - Zambrotta (LB) - ditto

3 - Sagnol (RB)- (Ashley Cole stinks)

4 - Terry - co comp

5 - Fabio Cannavaro - ditto

6 - Makalele - ditto

7 - M. Ballack

8 - Essien

9 - Theirry Henry

10 - A. Schevchenko

11 - Ronaldinho

subs

Messi

Lampard

D. Drogba

LUCA TONI

Buffon

Carvalho

WingA   

My 2006 Dream Team

GK - Van dar Saar

RB - Lahm

CB - Ferdinand

CB - Terry

LB - Heinze

LM - C. Ronaldo

CM - S. Gerrad

DM - Mascherano

AM - Ronaldino

CF - A. Shevchenco

CF - T. Henry

Subs

GK - Buffon

D - Cannavaro

M - Ballack

S - W. Rooney

S - L. Messi

Head Coach - Winger

^^^Talk about being biased? I'm a dutch fan but everyone knows van der sar is beaten easily by Buffon. And Heinze? What can u say, dude barely played last season and he is better than Abidal and Zambrotta?

Its amazing how all of you included Theirry Henry in your teams.

WingA   

i chose those players co that would be my dream team if they were all fit but you got hate on my team dont you bruv.. and buffon is on the bench m8.. biased.. put ur team up.. Henry is "Class" i cant deny that..

I wasn't going to do it but here it go, I'll put a team up no-one can argue with.

GK-Buffon

CB-Terry

CB-Toure

LB-Zambrotta

RB-Lahm

CM-Makelele

CM-Riquelme

CM-Pirlo

RW-Kaka

LW-Ronaldinho

FC-Henry

This is not a fanstsy , a team that can work together.

1.Buffon

2.Zambrotta

4.Cannavaro

5.Thuran

3.Cole

6.Makalele

7.Essein

10.Riquelme

8. Pirrota

14.Henry

9. Et'o

N.O.R.F   

Some quality teams there. 187 that midfield is weak bro. Makalele, Pirlo and Riquelme will get in eachothers way.

Winger, not sure about your keeper mate.

Hizb, now thats a strong team with a mean defence

BOB   

Salam Alaikum W.W

I don't think Ronaldinho deserves to be on that list unless you guys are choosing him simply because he's Ronaldinho, he didn't do nothing at the world cup, in fact he'd easily make my list of "The Most Disappointing Players" at the world cup and what did John Terry do to make your list unless you're bias England fan because I'm amazed that none of you ever mentioned Stephen Appiah, the inspirational captain of the Black Stars aka Ghana or Lilian Thuram, in my opinion the second best French player after ZiZou of course or Franc Ribery huh?

as far as I'm concerned the best Brazilian player at the world cup was Ronaldo, who ever thought that, especially after the first match against Croatia and as for the English their best players at the world cup were, Steven Gerrard & Ashley Cole, all the rest were RUBBISH, as usual.

1-Peter Chech.

2-Cafu.

3-Roberto Carlos.

4-Rio Ferdinand.

5-Nesta (I know he was injured that's why he was so disappointing..LOL)

6-Emerson.

7-Who else but the most overrated footballer in the history of the game, Beckham, who else?

8-Another overrated and over hyped English player, Lampard.

9-Van Nistelrooy (anybody remember him?)

10-Ronaldinho ( I'd make him my captain :D )

11-Adriano (Noe here's a player that I thought would set the world alight, what a DISAPPOINTMENT)

its only fair that I should choose a coach as well and that honour goes to none other than the man who’s here in this country to take over the coaching role of the once mighty Bafana Bafana and by the way did you know that he’s being paid far more than what Brazil was paying him which is RIDICULOUS if you ask me and If you've no clue on who I’m talking about then it’s the man who had the best players on the planet and failed to turn them into the best team on the planet. Mr Carlos Alberto Parriera.

Salam Alaikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Viking   

Since it's not a "World Cup dream team" I'll try going with overall performance the last 12 months.

1. Lehman (best clean sheet in CL history)

2. Eboue (my favourite right back and still VERY young)

3. Zambrotta (best left back, played extremely well on the right in WC)

4. Marquez (complete defensive player who can play central midfield, had a good year with Barca)

5. Cannavaro (deserves player of the year award, alas, he's a defender)

6. Essien (Ghana could have beaten Brazil if he was on the pitch)

7. Pirlo (was together with Canavarro the best players at the WC - an intelligent passer of the ball)

8. Gerrard (best player in the England squad by a mile - I can't believe I once thought Lampard was as good as him, sorry North :D )

9. Eto'o (fast, technical, opportunistic and above all a very humble player - he if he was Brazilian he would have won the world's best player)

10. Ronaldinho (had bad world cup but won both the league and CL)

11. Henry (lost both the CL final and the WC final, but still had a decent run in all tournaments)

Let me try and justify my selection...

Barca 3 players - won both Spanish League and CL.

Arsenal 3 players - Herny played in CL & WC finals, Lehman broke the CL record and Eboue is just too good :D He marked and frustrated Zidane, Nedved and Ronaldinho in the CL last year and neither of the three could get past him.

Juventus 2 players - Zambrotta and Cannavaro won both Italian League and WC and were immaculate.

Chelsea 1 player - nothing against them but the only thing they won was domestic, plus, they are no crowd pleasers like Barca and Arsenal :D - Essien is often overlooked by the media and commentators but stands out, and he has been very bright so far this year.

AC Milan 1 player - Pirlo helped Italy win the WC and was together with Zambrotta and Cannavaro Italy's best players. He was also consistent in Serie A.

Liverpool 1 player - I'm not a L'pool fan and never liked their style of play, but Gerrard stands out of that team like a sore thumb. He is a few classes above all his team mates.

Players who almost made it to the team and can be subs are...

- Buffon

- Makelele

- Thuram

- Ribery

- Ballack

- Luca Toni

N.O.R.F   

BOB

I think Dhino was a class act for Barca last year. The Brazil system does not suit him alas Theiry Henry for France.

Viking

As ever a very good selection.

I’m surprised Deco has been left out by everyone. Another class act.