Sign in to follow this  
Salafi_Online

A Non-Exhaustive List of Muslim Scholars, Recognize Them!!!!

Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Baaz

Shaykh Muhammad Naasiruddeen al-Albaanee

Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Saalih Ibn 'Uthaymeen

Shaykh Dr. Rabee' Ibn Haadee 'Umayr al-Madkhalee

Shaykh al-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah

Shaykh 'Abdul-'Azeez Ibn 'Abdullaah Aal ash-Shaykh

Shaykh 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Aal Ghudayyaan

Shaykh 'Abdullaah Ibn Muhammad Ibn Humayd

Shaykh 'Abdullaah Ibn Hasan al-Qu'ood

Shaykh 'Abdul-Muhsin Ibn Hamad al-'Abbaad

Shaykh Ahmad ibn Yahya an-Najmee

Shaykh Hammaad ibn Muhammad al-Ansaaree

Shaykh Dr. Muhammad Amaan Ibn 'Alee al-Jaamee

Shaykh Muhammad ibn 'Abdullaah as-Sumaalee

Shaykh Dr. Rabee' Ibn Haadee 'Umayr al-Madkhalee

Shaykh Dr. Saalih Ibn Fowzaan Ibn 'Abdullaah Ibn Fowzaan

Shaykh 'Umar ibn Muhammad ibn Muhammad Bakar Fallaatah

The Permanent Committee for Islaamic Research and Fataawa

Muhaddith Abdur-Rahman al-Mu'allimee al-Yamani

Shaikh Muqbil Bin Haadee al-Waadi`ee: Part 1

Shaykh 'Abdullaah Ibn 'Abdur-Rahmaan Abaa Butayn

Shaykh Abu 'Abdullaah 'Abdur-Rahmaan Ibn Naasir Aal Sa'dee

Shaykh 'Abdur-Razzaaq Ibn 'Afeefee Ibn 'Atiyyah

Shaykh Haafidth Ibn Ahmad al-Hakamee

Shaykh Hamood ibn 'Abdullaah at-Tuwayjiree

Shaykh Ibraaheem Ibn Muhammad Aal ash-Shaykh

Shaykh Muhammad al-Ameen Ibn Muhammad al-Mukhtaar al-Jaknee

Shaykh Ahmad bin Yahyaa An-Najmee

Shaikh ‘Abdullaah bin Muhammad Al-Qar’aawee

Al-Haafidh Zayn-ud-Deen Ibn Rajab Al-Hanbalee

[ November 21, 2004, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: Nur ]

Viking   

It is indeed difficult to recognise when one is afflicted with secterianism :D It's comparable to having one eye, which makes you lack 3-dimensional view, no depth.

Nur   

Salafi bro

The list Islamic scholars that you have endorsed and are encouraging viewers to recognize begins with webpages of contemporary prominent scholars, however, it is not organized in anyway to reflect the weights of these scholars and area of knowledge or their leaderships nor depth and number of publications they have written and the effect their work had on Islamic Knowledge throughout the ages.

High-lighting the first four scholars by leading viewers to their websites and then silverlining the list with Sheikh Rabeec Madkhali and starting again with Ibn Taymia as a distance fifth gives viewers a glimpse of how you prioretize Muslim scholars, and right after Ibn Taymia, we go through an intellectual time-tunnel to reappear in our century with a line of scholars that seem to give a questionable notion of the basis of their selection, not showing ranking indicators of the amount of genuine Islamic publications of the overall landscape of Islamic knowledge they have produced.

For example; Ibn Taymia died at the ripe age of 35, averaging 22 pages of text per day all his 35 years if we only count the books that were not destroyed by the Tartars and Genkis Khan. Ibn Tayimia alone produced more original work that all of those in the list combined. In comparison, compare him with Sheikh Bin Baaz who died in old age after a long service of islam, but with limited literary contribution compared to Ibn Taimia.

From that distance time, Islam produced great minds of knowledge all the way throughout time up until our present time, the libraies in Cairo, Beirut, Baghdad, Zeituna, Lucknow,and many knwoledge centers have all rare books that show bright islamic scholarts who have contributed immense portion of our understanding of our faith in addition to scholars in the peninsula which you have devoted almost all of your recommendations.

To lump sum these scholars in a single list leaves a lot to be desired, and leaves great many questions in our minds. for example if you have written your list as follows:

1. Overall greatest scholar of Islam of all time: Sheikh Ibn Taymia ( he even wrote about medicine)

2. The greatest writer of Tafseer ( Al Tabari )

3. The best source of cilmul Hadeeth ( Ibn Salaah)

4. The Best source for Maqaasidul Shariica, Al Muwaafaqaat by Al Shaatibi, Xujjatul Islam Al Baaligha, Dahlawi etc

5. Best source of Fiqh ( Al Umm by Shaafici etc)

6. The best source of Tawheed ( Ibn Taymia )

7. Best treatment of the soul ( Ibn Qayyim, Ibn Xajar, Ghazaali)

As a students of ( Al Cilmul Sharci), we need to become impartial in seeking knowledge, and as ALI RA said ( recognize scholars by xaqq, do not recognize Xaq by relying on men ). The only criteria with which we separate truth from falshood being the Quraan and Sunnah, and understanding them with a contemporary mindframe to solve our problems and be guided by the Salaf as Salihs system of checks and balances for the aquisition of knowledge for safety.

I advice that you rearrange the list and produce a list that can win you the credibility of an impartial student of Islamic education ( Taalib Cilm), I was amazed that Ibn Qayyim did not make your list! and that was only one of my favorite Sheikhs, can you imagine how many other Nomads you let down smile.gif

Your brother

Nur

The noble Mayshaykh are not in a particular order of status. The reason the 4 mayshakh are at the head of the list is simply because I was trying out this new feature where you can highlight the Shaykh’s name and upon clicking It, it would take you to a webpage. The Mashaykh who are highlighted are contemporary scholars who are perhaps unknown to all, for the exception of a few nomads. They have a chance to view their bios and if Allah permits read up on some of their works. Due to time constraint I was not able to carry out this task for each scholar. Had I intended to place them in a particular order of Status Ibn Rajab Al-Hanbalee and ibn taymiyah would be at the forefront! But by no means is the list complete these are just several of the Mayshaykh ( mostly contemporaries) who happened to have a WebPages devoted to them.

As for your list Ya akhee, am sure they were in good faith, but how can Ibn Tayymiyah be the “Overall greatest scholar of Islam of all time†He was no doubt a vessel of knowledge, the destroyer of Ahlul Bid’ah but AsXabul Hadith from the 3rd generation alone exceed him by far! Ibn Taymiyah was not from the best 3 generation (i.e Salaf us Salih) who happen to the best of the people.

“Al-Thawri for us was the Imam of all the people…. Sufyan in his time was like Abu Bakr and

‘Umar in theirs.†(Bishr al-H.

afi)

“I never saw a man who follows the Sunna more rigorously or in whose body I would love to be

more than Sufyan al-Thawri.†(Al-Shafi‘i)

“Sufyan is the ‘Alim of the Umma and its Worshipper†(Al-Muthanna ibn al-S.

abbah.).

be that as it may, it was not my intention to presenting these Noble Ulama in a specific order of status, I revere and honour them all and their hard work. It never crosses my mind to say this Shaykh is better then this shaykh(they specialize in their own specific fields) ! If they traverse on the path of the Salaf us Salih and they fight innovation and their people, they hold a special place in my heart!

Nur   

Salafi bro

Your reason for the choice of four scholars links are accepted. To reflect that notion, it would be scholarly fair to change title of your post to " A non Exhaustive list of Muslim Scholars who have benefited the Ummah"

When I say the Islamic scholar of all time and suggest Ibn Taimia, of course it is a suggestion, but suggesting Sufyaan al Thowri in comparison for that title needs an explanation.

Sufyaan was definetly a pious scholar of his time, but when we rank scholars we rank them according to set number of criteria, in objective way, as an example only:

1. His piety, sincerity and firm convictions

2. Depth of Knowledge, analyses , and contributions to time tested theories ( Qawaacid Cilmiyyah)

3. Diversity of and scope of topics he covered with convincing command.

4. Number of publications and their readership

5. His effect on preserving Islamic aqeedah and Sunnah.

Once we set the criteria in that way, we can rank all scholars of Islam to recognize their contribution, and hence their ranks.

Nur

good article brothas, but one thing i always wanna point out is the exclusion of non arabian scholars everytime i see articles like this. this almost reeks of discrmination! I can easily point to many culimaas of our country but they are never mentioned!

the wahaabi norm has cut so deep into our migrant communities, we lost our culimaas like shiekh abdulgadir and the likes!

please, check your past, there is lot u havent may be never discovered! amiin! just point of view!!

Am not sure if you are access to the features but Please feel free to modify the title, if not I welcome the Admins here to change the Title to what you have suggested!

Rudy

This name made the list:

Shaykh Muhammad ibn 'Abdullaah as-Sumaalee

I really like Booqol som(rahimullah), my Somali is Weak so its rather difficult to comprehend him at times but boy how I adore his fiery speeches.