Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Xinnfanin: A certifed Literary Quack

Abtigiis   

Somethings never change as Xinn said in reference to a mild story I posted this week. Indeed, the irony is lost on the man who turns every nook and cranny to give the impression of a masterful critique of literature and specifically poetry. He failed to provide a single actionable suggestion beyond a blanket censure ala Alshabab style for over three years and hence indeed somethings never change.

People are generally opinionated, but none as opinionated as the this man from the land of the 'hard-eyed' in Somali parlance. There is a veneer of righteousness to the enormous self-centredness he exhibits when analysing all things from politics to exchange of pleasantries, reinforced by the apparent acquiescence of hoodwinked newbies who are primary victims of his wanton bullying.

Like a judge, he robes himself with synthetic wadaadnimo and Odaynimo, in the process robbing all others of their shine. And the robes give Xinnfanin an air of caalim, which is what probably makes him believe he is a votary of the god/goddess of knowledge and wisdom.

His tongue moves with a swooping swagger, his tiny neck and frames obeying measured movements of his lips that ruffle gently the greying moustache, marking its proud motion. Always in tow, or running beside, will be an un-robed ruffian - Mr. Somalia types, clearly grateful and fixed to the helm of this dark "Puntalnd oracle" — literally by step, symbolically by talk and false smile.

But we are living with him for three years now and have yet to see a word we can celebrate and be grateful for learning from him. His knowledge doesn't go beyond cheeky poetry lines uplifted from Daraaawish literature and moralising denunciations of certain social behaviours. SOL community have waited patiently for more than half of an election cycle in a democratic country to see positive contributions from this man. They now learn with sadness that the man is just a literary quack who is thrust upon the good-hearted men and women of SOL for reasons or sins only posterity shall tell.

:D :D

Abtigiis   

Those of you who wrote to me in protest over this thread, I thank you all. Let us be fair to brother Xinn as you said. It seems the consensus is the said brother actually knows what he says and is indeed a wise man, but that he has one major foible. He suffers from chronic ciriticism allergy and not from the infallibility syndrome I always assumed was his major achilles-heel. :D :D As said before, criticism is easier than the art. The trashing posts I get, the wishy-washy, moralizing tone of Mr. Xinnfanin's "condemnation" of 'immoral' stories, will take little away from the entertainment those given to life of bountiful cheer -me, Ngonge, and Ducaysane et al are having.

But it seems there is no dispute that Xinn's appendix -Mr. Somalia, is an irredeemable out and out knave who delusionaly believes he is the originator of Shakespere's words !

Abtigiis   

Tolba malihi anigu! Look at my name. Why do you think the 'Tolka' part is dropped? :D :D

Seriously, Xinn cannot be thinking every story I tell is my story! Unless he also believes that I am 'unprincipled, untrustworthy, and not straightforward', which is the opening line of my story.

As to you, I would have been concerned if this was two years ago when you were the genuine Ayoub. You lost your muse from the day you were possessed by demonic secession and landernimo spirits. :D :D

AYOUB   

^ Waar fact or fiction, there are limits and that's what Xiin is saying and I agree with him.

Way kaa dhantee, dhantee, dhantee

Is qabo!

Haddii kale Xiin baa ku jooga!

Blessed   

You're a good writer, Abtigiis. Perhaps, if you expand the themes of your stories, Xiin might be a kinder critic. However, not everyone will like your writings, it's just how the story goes. :)

Ayoub,

I love the song in you signature.. do you have the full lyrics on ya.

Abtigiis   

You are right blessed and with fair suggestions like yours, waxba la isla waayi maayo. I don't really have to spend time on fiction for now, for there are more pressing issues on the political front and beyond SOL. But when I decide to tell human story for a wider audience and provided that I go through the right literature courses as I want to do, rest assured lewdness and juvenile jokes will not be part to it. There are much more powerful themes out there.

But Xinn will always remain a critic whether kind or harsh. What he can't be is an orginator of new ideas, new thinking, new parameters. Not because he doesn't have the intellect or temperament to do so, but because Mr. 'Peace Caravan' is a conformist, a prisnor of social and cultural mores, and a religious zealot. These factors constrain his ability to come up with anything worth critique. These factors make him write anodyne things in this forum. This is not to claim I brought anything new with the lustful stories I peddle as good stories too, but the essential ingredients to break from societal manacles is within me, I think.

Ayoub's sponsored rage is part of a campaign against me by what I call 'the binary of the bullshits'; an unlikley and unholy marraige of tiny fiefdoms who feel threatned by my Somaliweyn aspirations. :D :D

:):)@this thread

Aw Tusbaxle , If my crime was not recognizing your ability to write in a creative way,read below how I concede your deceit :).

Although I disagree with your gross exaggeration of my role in this fora, I nevertheless find your essay quite creative. You depicted a charlatan who mysteriously managed not only to mislead the general readership of SOL for many years but who also developed systematic, abusive powers to stifle creativity of the site. And to dispel any doubts about the genuineness of your keen distress over xiinfaniin character, you put forth an interesting characterization of him as a fraudulent menace who robs others off their hard earned ‘shine’.

That is to say Xiinfaniin is not only akin to the proverbial empty vessel that initially excite those at the shore, waiting eagerly for the merchandise it supposedly carries, only to disappoint them upon arrival. He is worse than that: he is a proven quack who holds no cards beyond his pretentious moralization. The verdict is therefore in: the man has no merit for the position he demands.

What happened before ? How such a shallow man managed to mislead so many people? He was like xiin or xagaayo; sort of brief shower that fail to wet, not quite the real, widespread rain many thought he was. But not any more. His cover is now blown. We can trace his cheeky poetry to the original sources from which they were uplifted, the veneer of religious scholarship he often assumes is no longer credible with us, and he is not the strong kind, physically speaking--- with a fragile build and small frame, hardly he is the one to compel his enemy to fold at his feet.

What does all of this mean? Since xiinfaniin is no longer the man we all thought he was, what he says should not carry the weight it used to carry. Particularly in the event this great fraud attempts to comment my literary expositions, I request SOL readership to take his drivel for what it really is, a senseless, childish talk.

AYOUB   

Abtigiis;682476 wrote:
But Xinn will always remain a critic whether kind or harsh.
What he can't be is an orginator of new ideas, new thinking, new parameters. Not because he doesn't have the intellect or temperament to do so, but because Mr. 'Peace Caravan' is a conformist, a prisnor of social and cultural mores, and a religious zealot. These factors constrain his ability to come up with anything worth critique.

Waar Xiin is no longer the pacifist Mullah of old. The man is these days a mouthpiece of mercenaries by the name of Saracen International and supports the cursed PIS. Still, even the likes of him has the right to intervene when you stoop so low. He might be dodgy, but he's a true friend of yours and the only one if we ignore the cyber loner by the name of Liqaye.

*Blessed

Not only my signature, but also my location.;) I'll post them in the lyrics thread for you I'A. I don't want this mad A&T fella to say; the great Mooge sang that... :D

*These new "Generic Smilies" are crap. I've done a "wink" and a "big grin" up there and I can hardly distinguish them mysef!*

Abtigiis   

Dear Xinnfanin,

Indeed, is there any quarrel over the established fact that when it comes to creativity and genuine epistemological discourse, you are the colour black on the rainbow? Is there a dispute that you gained a fame you did not need to validate, the way the proverbial cavern that once housed a big snake acquires lasting awesome terribleness? For what? For simply mercilessly bullying newbies, who come to SOL as their prized find, with rehearsed powerful poetic lines of the Sayid and Ismacil Mire et al ? For sticking to a peace caravan that has lost its way when it begun its journey and expecting it to yield peace?

There is a Somali adage which says ‘dadkaaga dhinac ka raac’ , a fad in Revoultion days. It is an adage which expiates foolishness and cowardice, comfortably locating all these within the human urge for self-preservation. As a proverb, it could only have come from a deficient and miscalculating culture with a deep and ingrained misunderstanding of the true drivers of human transformation. You are a relic of this culture, and embody and dramatize diffidence and disguise as the better part of wisdom, even explaining to comic levels the virtues in not challenging, explaining, discussing or simply narrating human occurrences. You may fairly say I am the opposite of you, and belong to a minority group of mindless eccentrics and odd beings with no moral strictures. It is a charge long administered against me, part rightly, part wrongly, and for which I will not put my lean head between my boney legs and sob.

But this thread is about you, and not me. It is about revealing the made-up creature whose sole key and path to the ‘Hall of Fame’ of SOL is to criticize, bully or pamper, in an effort to keep his real nature wonderfully unobtrusive beneath a false patina of ascribed social and scholarly virtue.

On more than many occasions, I used head, hand, limb and all to duck your unsteadying volley, which came too, too close for comfort, again literally. I receded into a hidden corner of the SOL women section, hoping for some deflecting parapet; instead getting abusive discloures and open insults. :D The case of Ibtisam's mauling attack on me is one living example. You pushed me to this margins. That did not quite help. And it has now become clear that a wife of a serial wife-beater, who hopes the abuse will end one day because God will change her man, will find herself without teeth and eyes when that day arrives. It is self-defense, mate. And I hope this will have no bearing on our exchanges of the conviviality of the yore! :D :D :D

Abtigiis   

Dear Blessed,

Since this imposter diaspora boy -Ayoub-couldn't help you on Moge's timeless song, I volunteer: :D Sayid's google virus baa dadkii kuwada dacay.

Dhayal looma heese, dharaartii aan ku caashaqay

Ee aad dhibtaadiyo, igu dhalisay hawlahan

Dhulkan oo gu'gu da'ay, dhinacyadan makhaadiir

Dhanka midig badii tahay, bidixduna dhir iyo doog

Ciidan dhabaq guudud ka ah, ee dhiin lo'deniyo geeluba ku daadago

Iyo ubaxa dhaadheer, Iyo ubaxa dhaadheer

Iyo ubaxa dhaadheer, Iyo ubaxa dhaadheer

Miyaad kala dhex taagneeyd? Miyaad kala dhex taagnayd?

Markii aan dib kuu dayey, cadceed dhalatay waa bari

Ama dhool arrornimo, dhanka bari ka soo kacay

Naasaha dhaxdoodiyo, dooxii Hargeeysiyo

Damashii ku dheerareeyd, oo wabi ku dhow yahay

Intoon kaala meel dhigay, igu dhalisay caashaqee, markii aan ku dheehdaba

Ama dayo dhankaagaba, Ama dayo dhankaagaba, Ama dayo dhankaagaba

Sow hore uma dheeliyin! Sow horu uma dheeliyn!

Waxaa la isku dhaafaa, dhaxyeereey nasiibkee

Mala waanad dhaadine, Soomaalaad ka dhalatoo

Dhay lagugu koriyayoo, dhaameel dereerka noqotayee

Haday dumar dhig leeyihiin, amase dhaadi iyo qurux

Waa laguu dhameeyee, ana dubaxaa jilaal

Dharaaraha rafaadka ah, sida dhibica loo filo, ayaad iigu dheertoo

Waan kaa dhursugayaa, Waaban kaa dhursugayaa!

Google-free :D :D

NGONGE   

^^ War yara sug dee. Labadan nin kaftankooda badan. Horta aan hubsano. :D

By the way, just got a call from A&T (true story). He asked me to quote a line from the song he posted and explain it clearly before Xiin spots it. :D

Naasaha dhaxdoodiyo, dooxii Hargeisiyo

He says this refers to Naaso Hablood and is not as graphic as it may look.

(A&T went to pray Jumca). :D:D

AYOUB   

^ He went early for Jumca this week, I wonder why he's doing overtime!

Abtigiis;682512 wrote:
Dear Blessed,

This this imposter diaspora boy couldn't help you on Moge's timeless song, I volunteer:
:D

Now you've really cheesed me Mr Longfoot. In Delhi they call the likes of you Bustarddh Guy!!