Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

nuune;928926 wrote:
Finally made it to Djibouti, the city is cool, and the whole country is booming with everything, well that is my feed, next feed when I dip intothe Red Sea and catch that fish oo aalkoliistaha ah.

I will be reporting in a different thread dedicated to Djibouti in another time

jilaal season indeed so just walk all the way from Heron or the Kempinsky down to Ambouli in 2/3 periods or along route de venise (old presidence, RTD, port, Saudi institute/mosque etc) and along la siesta (from around Haramous, the zone industrielle, along the beach, railway, up to Sheraton).

Then, venture into wilder Balbala, Doraleh complex/beach, petit Ambado/Khor Ambado beaches; further up then, Arta, maybe Ali-Sabieh but definitely the Goubet, Lake Assal, Day Forest etc.

Heron is another world within the country, but we got Haramous now, even wilder.

Do tell any inconvenience or when a guide is needed :D

nuune   

Abu Salaam, will sure indeed shout out to you to get me walaalaha and cousins, the good thing I like about Djibouti is the internet connection everywhere, every hotel has wifi, major one's I am talking about, and all banks and other institutions, the place is actually changinng so fast, and that you can see it changing.

Abu, was in Dire Dawa, and Harer, my favorite places, don't like Jigjiga and Addis and never spent them in more than one day, my Cadariyiin in Harer ayaan u soo ordaa dee.

I will visit meelahaad qortey dhan though already qaar ka mida waan soo marey, but once I finish some of the projects I am doing ayaan firaaqo heli then hit and dip into the red sea like kalluun qamarji ah

seems the optic fiber boosted internet speed; yeah, Harar was Somali/Islamic centre before but boast a beer factory lately, quite scenic places indeed (both cities are important and local for Jabuuti people).

Inshallah khayr for your ventures...go to guudka, near the old market/rue d'Ethiopia at night, not for the unholy places but the fatiirad freshly made, you will like the authentic cakes/croissants etc at patisserie d ambouli too.

Tell me your preferences and I will order/deliver few ones to you :D

Jumca mubaarak to you and everyone else, MAlika. Decided to log on via my phone and the predictive txt is a hassle.

Moving to a senior post on Monday, IA. Woo hoo!

underdog   

Good morning all.

So much for spring, this was the scene yesterday near Edmonton

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

V, congrtas on the promotion

Hi to Underdog and Val,

i hope you're both well.

Val - congrats inaar on the promotion. that is excellent news. mashallah.

Unders - how are you and what's up with the weather, ma istidhi?