Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

nuune lol sxb at least you found a hotel room next to town beach as you said;

I hate the qat culture too but its pervasive in Jabuuti, Hargeysa etc.

It must feel great the cooler days and running/swimming there; that and "sieste" sleep, then tea in town centre, then fresh dinners/mosques should keep you busy.

you just need to ignore some red tape/qat; locals are sweet too when it's not so hot esp. :D

8597679316_064b9164c6_m.jpg

8596573163_b96a0ed15b_m.jpg

Colder and flooding necessitating helicopter rescues outside town in Jabuuti; this old chap well connected both with locals and the Frenchs said this night there was heavy casualties by local standards.

Nuune be careful not to need an evacuation if traveling far away :D

nuune   

^^ lool Abu Salman, it is very sad that more than 30 people died last week's flooding, over 15 were soldiers crossing the Dixda canal, residents leaving in and around Dixda ayaa u badnaa waxa ku dhintey.

I want to experience travelling on the road, so I might try the road to Berbera or Hargeisa, laakin I want to start with Burco first, by road, will have to ask people about the conditions of the road since heavy rain uu da'ey and still in the north part of the country since yesterday.

Djibouti is a funny country, in the middle of city center, you can see Japanese uniformed military soldiers walking, then the Germans, then the French and the Americans all walking around in and around city center buying stuff and eating out, with their uniform, and their military vehicles parked next to the streets.

Drones taking off and landing is the usual normal day of life at the Airport, as well as Mig jets, I hate their noise even though I wouldn't mind flying them.

Abu Salman, my time is spent staying with friend's places, and sometimes in hotels, so today waxaan cuney as lunch waad taqaanaa magaca la dhaho deema garanayo waa khubzi iyo muus la iku walaaqey iyobalaaya kale oo la isku shiidey iyo kalluun, caadiba ma ahan, you choose the kalluun and everything and they will cook it on the spot lol

You are not supped to travel by road during this session sxb ,,,,, it is all flooding in the road and you might end up reaching Hargeisa after 7 days ............. dhulka mar kele ka dhigo oo iska soo duul this time :D

Road travel is great for the world unique geology, lakes and forests from Arta onwards to Tadjourah district in particular;

there is no road to Burao and the one to Hargeysa is largely unpaved but wild and exciting (animals, sceneries etc).

Heavy floods happen very rarely (every decade or so) but things get greener and more exciting with sustained rains.

Migs? you mean French mirages etc; there is a huge 1,4 billions US project underway near the airport as per the Washington Post to accomodate a greater base and drones (even Italians signed a lease it seems):

8596838451_b5434335db.jpg

Mukhmaazad iyo kaluun (Yemeni fata muus, or sabaayad mixed with banana/dates, with fish grilled in a pit), accompanied with xulbad and basbaas is one of the favorite treats (refined by Yemenis as honey is added to the paste etc); Nuune its all cooked right there once you chose the fish to be grilled indeed.

Yeah, people are friendly too and you should not have to spend like a tourist anyway.

The youngest one just back got a job at the local BCI bank (during the campaign), he'll show you around if you want to...

PS: how do you say rescue in Japanese or German? try and practise your langages if going off road :D

wyre   

The first time I came to Saudi arabia I was gifted Nokia-1209.jpg

then I have bought blackberry Bold, I lost it, I have bought 3s, the battery exploded causing the phone to break, A friend sent me BB curve from London, It was stollen Now I have my old Nokia-1209.jpg

Nokia Connecting people :D

N.O.R.F   

I still have a Nokia. Always had a Nokia. I have been tempted to get an iphone but we don't get phones for free here like in UK. Anyone in UK due an upgrade soon? :)

wyre   

You'll get a phone for free sxb, you'll only need to subscribe to the internet for 250 riyal for one year

Nokia are sturdy and they last me years. There are interesting learning/Qur'an apps for androids but not yet convinced that a samsung replace books/pc etc (why waste on gadgets/brands)...

It's already enough of distractions to deal with all those cousins etc on gmail/voip/skype/etc, the few websites and readings when I'm supposed to practise my Tajweed ect :)

Malika   

^bisinka, balaayadu mexee yihiin?

Good morning - body clock is used to be up and running at this time...

so,whats new on SOL?