Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

underdog   

Juxa;909610 wrote:
..., still think us ladies can be swayed by compliments? Tut tut

Compliments, shiny things, in some neighbourhoods a freshly washed car and KFC combo will get you a date.

"Us ladies" is a very broad term.

NGONGE   

^^ War wuu kula saaxiibaya dee. He's showing you that he remembers your height even after all this time. Wax fahan. :D

underdog;910592 wrote:
Didn't realize stubbornness was exclusive to the vertically challenged.

of course these tirades of hate were expected from you. do you think i forgot about all those times you made it your life's

mission to put me down. i will have my vengence.

NGONGE;910593 wrote:
^^ War wuu kula saaxiibaya dee. He's showing you that he remembers your height even after all this time. Wax fahan.
:D

Just lost my appetite. Thanks NG (!)

^

LOL! happy birthday sxb.

perhaps, we ought to leave these unresolved issues for another time?

what do you think of django unchained? spike lee wasn't particularly fond it and said it was 'disrespectful' to his ancestors and portrayed the all too shocking realities of slavery as some type of 'fiction'?

underdog   

I liked the movie. it was fun to watch. Maybe since we don't come from a lineage of slavery, we don't understand the "portrayal" issue. I watched roots not too long ago and that was some sad depressing shiznit!

If anyone should be mad at this movie, it should be white folks.

Only thing I didn't appreciate was all the actual and 'almost' genitalia trauma. Totally uncalled for.

underdog   

What the hell did Spike Lee ever do to empower and uplift the "black man"? Granted he had some OK movies but nothing spectacular. And now he's following Martin Scorsese's lead to getting an oscar but blatantly plagiarizing ...oh I'm sorry, "remaking" an established Asian masterpiece. By the way, if you haven't seen Oldboy, WATCH IT. (hand's down the best "WTF?!?!" ending since the sixth sense) before spike and hollywood get to it.

oldboy.jpg

^ OLDBOY is one of the classics. awesome movie. any Hollywood remark will never come close to the original. remember how they ruined 'infernal affairs' with its cosmetic remark 'departed'......

underdog;910614 wrote:
I liked the movie. it was fun to watch. Maybe since we don't come from a lineage of slavery, we don't understand the "portrayal" issue. I watched roots not too long ago and that was some sad depressing shiznit!

If anyone should be mad at this movie, it should be white folks.

Only thing I didn't appreciate was all the actual and 'almost' genitalia trauma. Totally uncalled for.

the deliberate showings of human genitalia in Hollywood movies is a far cry from the 'authencity' it seeks to achieve. this most recent phenomena is the work of the liberal media in their attempts to over-sexualise audiences. more interestingly, perhaps, laakin, is this feud between spike lee and jamie foxx over the movie's 'portrayal' of slavery. foxx has attacked lee in several interviews - saying that lee's comments were 'outdated' and uncalled for. but are they are outdated? i tend to think otherwise. the Hollywood machinery continues to denigrate black people in the most negative ways imaginable. the portrayals of blacks is often reworkings of the same, narrow and indeed one-dimensional stereotypes. lee wasalso to 'critical' in his views. his views which have become the 'bread and butter' of the all too familiar ''aniga og-conscious-back-to-basics-Afrocentric-lazy-thinking'' that seems to reek from those self-righteous black folks. certainly there has to be a middle ground but the last thing we needed was a public feud between two of our best Hollywood A-list celebs. the whites are laughing at us.