Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;864616 wrote:
^^ Why not, are there no camles in the city? I could swear I've seen a few!
:D

If you're going to drink milk from those camels then good luck :D

Thanks Dumaashi, Abu-Salman and Ngonge - your efforts were really appreciated. JZK

Ibtisaam - Salaam sister - I hear Nuur Madobe (the man who can't spell his name in Somali) has become the coolest place for celebrities according the BBC

NORF - how come there is no more football analysis from you - the season has started long time ago.

JB - the one man SL Crew - iska waran adna

N.O.R.F   

Juxa;864650 wrote:
never heard of boiled caano geel bisinka

same here. Need calool adag for such drinks.

sayid, salaam saxib. Its still too early for footy analysis saxib. Ngonge is my stand-in :D

Norft - this year there was no mention of even the transfers or as i like to call it modern day slavery sale - :D

JB - Alxamdullilaah - and masha Allah Roob suits you. ;)

N.O.R.F;864647 wrote:
If you're going to drink milk from those camels then good luck

authentic geeljire noqotay for a diaspora man mashallah;

caano geel was for shaah cadees, the lo'aad was boiled too for the afternoon round.

How I miss such great things.

N.O.R.F   

^I have been lucky enough to drink both the fresh stuff oo markaa la soo lisay and the stuff brought to the city and there is no comparison. Sounds like you need a trip back home saxib.

^I just really love it now I realise how much safer and healthier it is than the powder or pasteurised, homogenised "milk" (the dutch etc powder milk was repackaged in plants, diluted, as "milk" in Jabuti/Yemen/saudi etc).

For us, apart from Hargeysa, we had trips to Arabsiyo/Gabiley (we were sent by 4wd without warning to Arabsiyo as a "coming of age" initiation); all in qodal land, not fully geeljires.

Now, do you know camel milk was sold at Doraleh, right around the new Dubai built port in Jabuuti or how to raise camels next to world-class facilities or not far from town centres. :D

N.O.R.F   

Chocolate flavoured camel milk is readily available in the middle east in supermarkets. Now theres an idea. Its doable with the right planning and execution.

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;864647 wrote:
If you're going to drink milk from those camels then good luck

I can't stand the stuff, saaxib. But I see no difference between a city camel and a miye one. Does the city one taste of plastic bags? :P

Chocolate flavoured camel milk is readily available in the middle east in supermarkets. Now theres an idea. Its doable with the right planning and execution

true but processed milk is no longer potent or healthy; raw camel milk has been found to help with diabetes etc (it's always better to choose stricter lifestyle over commercial insulin in many cases).

Ngonge, how about we go together and find it out for ourselves sxb :D