Sign in to follow this  
cynical lady

Troll, Shaah, Cakes and Sheeko

Jacaylbaro;864976 wrote:
Everyday is a weekend for Alpha ?? ,,,, why i'm not surprised
:D

whats that supposed to mean JB? you talk with such authority on these matters.

Malika   

Juxa, maa aragtee wuu iis dega tireya..xaal inu bixiyo weyaan.

Jac - maandeey leh sugeya, as he is rageedi rag dale wayeyan - miyaad arkiin sidhuu ragaa iska celiyo here?...isaga leh adigu iga soo sari xaalka aan kugu leyahay...lol

Juxa   

Malika, JB would give you boiled caano-geel. i had nightmare about it yuck. if i were you i would ask Ibti to hit him with Budh on your behalf, she keeps one in her bag

Malika   

^I wonder , how it tastes the boiled caano geel...Jac, iska daa - qarxiis alshabab style baan organise gareneyaa for him.

Am off - have a blessed and merry day all.

NGONGE   

On the way to school this morning:

Me: You've got to stop forgetting your PE kit, you've done it last year and now you're older and wiser, you should not be doing it. If you don't start looking after your things, what will you do when you're an adult?

Daughter (ignoring my rant and choosing to answer the last question): I will be ok when I'm an adult. I'd have moved out into my new flat when I'm 18.

Me: EIGHTEEN? I was hoping to get rid of you by the age of sixteen, darling.

Daughter: I'm not sure I'll be old enough to leave at sixteen.

Me: I don't think your mother would even let you move out when you're twenty five, never mind eighteen.

Daughter: I don't care, I am moving out when I'm eighteen. I don't want to be lonely!

Me: Then stay with us. Lonely is living on your own when you're eighteen, silly.

Daughter: Women who stay in their parents' house when their eighteen never get married.

Me: I thought we agreed that you'll never get married until you're forty!

Daughter: I know. But I heard that women who marry late struggle to have children. I want to have children.

Me: Who told you all this rubbish?

Daughter: My friend told me. Her elder sister is a twenty five year old "sprinter" who lives at home and never got married. Her mother keeps telling her that she'll struggle to have children if she does not marry soon.

Me: That's rubbish. You can have children at forty, dear. Trust me, stick to forty.

Daughter: But I want to have my own flat!

Me: You can have that when you get married.

Daughter: I thought you wanted to get rid of me when I get to sixteen.

Me: Ok. You can leave when you're sixteen and have your own flat but no marriage until you're forty.

Daughter: Can you marry someone you don't like?

Me: Yes, some people do it. Why do you ask?

Daughter: Because I don't really like boys!

(worrying times but at least the good news is I only have nine years before she willingly moves out). :D

N.O.R.F   

Youngest: Daddy, you have a fat tummy

Eldest: Yeah daddy you need to do exercise.

Y: *giggles* Daddys got a fat tummy.

E: But if he does some exercise it won't be fat anymore.

Y: Like swimming?

E: Yeah or football.

My inspiration to join a gym :D

Alpha: young lady you look very scatty in that dress, go and cover your self, you don't want people to think your father raised you bad?

daughter : old man, you are pathetic, you have no right to tell me what to do! do you want to take you to the old peoples home?

Alpha: oh, oh (followed by serious coughing), God, i know i wasnt there for you but i'm your father and you need to listen to me please, be a good daughter and go change into something more modest.

daughter : i'm warning you walahi, i'll take you to Red House if you interfere with my issues once more. i was forgivng last night after you kicked out my boyfriend.

Alpha: i know, i know, i'm sorry i kicked out darren but he was smoking crack cocaine in the house, you know i have bad lungs?

daughter : what!!! so what if he smokes crack cocaine in the house, i live here and can do whatever i want, do you understand?

Alpha: this is my house!

daughter: What!!! thats it! i'm withdrawing your medicines once again? i told you before i will take them away from you.

Ngonge, peer influence has been shown to be the determining influence beyond parents: another reason to consider islamic schools or other alternatives.

Its ironic but I hear so many complaints about daughters when you thought boys caused more trouble; but then again they are more vulnerable with much less room for mistakes.

Norf, they sure are very perceiving; let's hope you force them to speak Somali, all your english dialogues like Ngonge get me worried :D

NGONGE   

^^ I don't think Islamic schools make much of a difference. It all goes back to the family, even for those that go to Islamic schools.

As for speaking Somali at home,I think it is almost impossible to do for most families. It'll come in time, like in my case. :P

N.O.R.F   

Abu Salmaan

Islamic schools are a question of trust. I just don't trust them to do as they say they will do. Somali Islamic schoolsna iga daa.

Ngonge, does the bullying start with mickey taking first? :D

JB, I can imagine you getting bullied by all 7(8,9,10) :D

^I understand NORF, Islamic schools have different strenghts, Somali ones are not necessarily less good.

What matters is if you share the same Islam (home counts more from purely academic grounds).

Still, the single most crucial factor is for kids to sit next to and befriend decent kids...