Sign in to follow this  
Paragon

Laashin Muluq, M.Gacal Xaayoow, Geedanaar, Ina Aw Muuse, Tarawiil........

ElPunto   

^You are assuming everyone is as ancient as you. A little introduction to those good folks would fill in the background. :D

Paragon   

^A collection of Guuroow iyo Gabay composed mostly during the early 90s onset of the civil war.

Among the poets are the reknowned Maxamed Gacal Xaayoow with the difficult Ya guuroow, asking Somalia to give peace a chance - a testimony to the A.Gaal tribe's protest against interclan war.

Likewise there is Gacamey along the same line.

But having said so, there are some of the poems that are insightful, which may shed some light on then poet's and their political stance on what was happening in Xamar.

In general terms, the collection of poets are all from the H-tribe. Most of whom haven't been heard of by non-H Somalis. It is a refreshing chance for others to acquaint themselves and gleam some wisdom from these poems.

That is not to forget the literary quality of these poems.

PS: Insha-Allah I will say more later when I have time.

NASSIR   

LabaXininyod has to translate these peoms for the young majority in this site. He excels in that department.

ElPunto   

^As long as it is not offensive clan wise. Personally - the vocabulary involved in Somali poetry is a little beyond me. In daily life nobody really speaks like that so there is little chance to pick it up.

Buuxo   

^thanks,it was interesting ...once you understand , needed my mum's help and she seems to have enjoyed.mahadsanid.

Nephissa   

Waxaan lama fahmaayo sala cala nabi.

Kan u horeeyo markaa shiday, waxaa arkay lugahayga oo jaja-jag, jajaja-jag iska dhahaayaanbo! acuudu bilaahi. :D

Paragon   

Maaddeey aawey?

Waa kanaa hee - Guuroowgii aan hadda ka hor thread ka sameeyey.

Enjoy eboowgeey.

Cawaale   

J11, good collection. Magacyda aan ka maqsuuday, wali ma dhageysanin..markaan xaafada tago ana dhageesanaa.

FG. mugaan ogaanay maadeey mooska midka soo galshay!!

Paragon   

Haaheey, Cawaale. Anaaba Guuroowga u xiisay Maaddeeyna wuuba i soo xusuusiyey.

It's simply beautiful.

Maaddeey   

hay!, J11 goormeen idin soo xusuusiyey, waa la wareeray, ani haddaaba mahaan iigu horreeyso! but NAXNU SORRY! me can't audio! bal isagoo qoraal ah ii raadi!

Sign in to follow this