Sign in to follow this  
Moth_To_A_Flame

Share your ways of relieving stress! (esp. the exam variety!)

I was just wondering if fellow sisters (and brothers!) could share their ideas on ways to relieve exam stress.

I have my finals looming in a few weeks and sometimes find it hard to concentrate and at other times I find it hard to switch off at the end of the day.

Do you have any stress herbal remedies or other foods/exercise/anything which helps to make the process easier? If so, please do share!

Mine are as listed below:

1) Peppermint tea to revive without caffeine

2) Camomile tea to relax

3) Taking regular breaks of around 20 mins after every 2 hours of revision

4) Relaxing classical music, Mozart or Debussy maybe, nothing too heavy.

5) A brisk walk up and down the hill near my house every day (as I'm not big on the gym!) smile.gif

6) taking the time to have some human contact every day and trying not to lock myself in my room to study!

8) Having a realistic revision plan and trying to stick to it!

9) Treating myself with yummy dessert after dinner. (indian dessert, rassomalai is the best one! Other faves include Haagen Dazs pralines and cream and banoffee pie, but methinks this is another topic altogether!) icon_razz.gif

10) Lastly, keeping caffeine to a minimum and getting my requisite beauty sleep of 8 hours!

Now, your turn....

ADNAAN   

^^^I too find it hard to concentrate whenever my exams get nearer, especially when am at home and that’s why I usually revise in the libraries.

Even physical exercises can easily distract my attention from the revision. But I do really start praying a lot although its not good to pray only when you feel venerable but that’s just me i can't help it!! :D

(Inshalaah this year I won't stop praying)

Above everything my biggest secret is to follow a detailed and a strict revision plan.

Good luck with ur exams Moth, hope u achieve what you aiming for.

M.T.A flame I would encourage you to do more Cibaado and pray. Not meaning that u currently don't pray, but addtional prayer, and follow these steps:

1- Plan ahead, do not put off your assignments, and get things done well before deadlines. Start work on large projects well in advance.

2- Exercise, do whatever activity you enjoy,

3- Watch a television show, or go to a movie as a study break.

4- Talk to other people, if you get one of those N&Wknd free Verizon wirless. lool,

5- Meditate or use any other relaxation techniques.

6- And lastly "Tawakal Allah" and always remember the only 1 real TEST is not yet. (akhira)

Well, prayer is something I always do, not only around revision time so that's why I didn't put it in a something done to relieve stress! Nothing annoys me more than hypocritical people who only pray when they want something, it's so shallow! :rolleyes: (No offence intended to anyone here!)

Thanks for your suggestions! Jogging around would probably stress me endless, I'll stick to that hill I think! :D

Ain't nothing wrong to double up your prayer when you're in such harsh situation. When prophet Muhammad(scw) was in a ditch hidding from the Kafirin, He read (Al surat Yasin- Beginning), And was survived. Therefore, my muslim sister, we shouldn't be considering that kind of a pray as "Hypocritical act"

LANDER   

Shootin some hoops usually does the trick for me, if there is no time to hit the courts, than taking a strole around the scenic campus with a friend and crackin a few jokes usually works( selected most beautiful campus in Canada BTW ;) ). If times are gettin real desperate (as they often do), as in you got some 8 chapters to cover in one night, than it's time to get tipsy of that red bull :D ya know, desperate times call for desperate measures cause I don't do the coffees and teas. BTW do NOT drink 2 of those bad boys in a 8 hour stretch unless you wanna start twitchin like a crack fein. Trust me on that one...

Lidia   

Originally posted by LANDER:

taking a strole around the scenic campus with a friend and crackin a few jokes usually works( selected most beautiful campus in Canada BTW
;)
).

And what campus is that? smile.gif

I remember when i was learning the Koran, i used to wake up at dawn [fajr] - and i remember i used to memorize chapters in matter of hours effortlessly. Even today, I do the same thing, during paper/exam weeks i change my schedule and i find that i‘m more productive that way and stress free.

I sleep/take a long *** nap. It does the trick for me. Hanging out with close friends helps too since it gets my mind off all the shit that gives me headaches.