Sign in to follow this  
LadyDotNet

Anyone Job hunting?

You are wanted!.... recieved few job adverts in my inbox and decided to share with my fellow nomads. If anyone is interested and posses the desired skills - apply..contact info at the bottom of each advert...

Advert1

I am currently recruiting for a web applications programmer and was wondering

whether you would be interested or know anyone who might be. Details as follows:

This client is the leading supplier of digital communication services to the

corporate, advertising, entertainment and broadcasting industries. They offer a

broad range of expert solutions and are based in W1.

Due to increased business this organisation is recruiting for a web applications

developer. TO apply for this position you should have three years commercial

experience using SQL Server 2000, DHTML and Java Script, you must have one years

commercial experience using Coldfusion.

You will be joining the digital media team developing video asset management

systems for a range of organisations and will be engaged in developing web

application.

You should be self-motivated and personable with a strong analytical approach.

For more information please contact Madison Black on 0207 469 5656, c.v's to be

e mailed to java.perm@madisonblack.com attention Louise.

Advert2

A global publishing house, is looking for a Web Developer.

Here is the advert:

"client is a major publishing house. They are recruiting for their Central

London based web development team. You would be responsible for maintaining and

enhancing their major websites.

The ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience in ColdFusion 5 or above HTML,

DHTML and Javascript. Any skills in XML, XSLT, Java, J2EE, Perl or Photoshop is

a bonus. You must be able to demonstrate experience of web development in a

commercial environment, excellent analytical ability, understanding of customer

and user requirements and excellent interpersonal skills."

They are paying up to £25,000.

Please submit your CV to Computer Futures Solutions if you would like to be

considered or if you know someone who might be interested please pass this onto

them.

Thanks

Michelle

Computer Futures Solutions

Contact m.flynn@computerfutures.com

alwayslearning even though I don't live in Uk but I am curious sis. is the 25 thousand per year or is it per month..that will be interesting to know right. by the way how much is one dollar in UK money.

NGONGE   

An English pound is about 1.7/1.8 dollars these days. £25,000 is usually an annual salary. Although it would be a real nice job if they’re paying that much per month. From the job description though, I think it’s per year.

Cheers NGONGE - I guess you answered the question.

It would've been great if they were paying that much per month(would've kept it to myself ;) )

Rokko   

AL thanx for sharing this and will most def pass to a friend who's interested in such job.

Hmmm...AlwaysLearning...am always job hunting...LoL. But you should have warned me it was all about IT.

I get a lot of job alerts each week...shall I post some of them I wonder? Or maybe no-one is interested in Fundraising/research type of jobs?

Do let me kno...IA.

Mobb_Deep - U welcome bro.

Bee, I think that will be useful to share. As we are well aware a lot of nomads will be graduating soon so i'm sure they will benefit from this thread

It will be good to post different types of job roles to match different fields.

So Bee set the ball rolling and call out your fellow competitors ;)

N.O.R.F   

AL u have yr first applicant here,,,,programming did u say, i know what i'm doing so give a brother a break and conatc me for a start date, next week, month what??? let me know,,, :D

programming did u say, i know what i'm doing so give a brother a break and conatc me for a start date, next week, month what??? let me know,,,

Change of profession now? smile.gif .... its ok - you don't need to know what u doing just blag it & job will be yours :D ... its all about attitude(YOU KNOW EVERYTHING & WHAT U DON'T KNOW YOU WILL KNOW SOON ENOUGH ;) )

QLeap - I'm assuming the London weighting is included - Bonuses are normally dependent on performance - again assumption!

To get a clear & prise answer, Give them a bell...(considering the post is still open i'm sure they will be of some assitance smile.gif )

Commission for Africa Secretariat

Vacancy - 9 POLICY ANALYSTS

(Equivalent to lower middle management Civil Service Grade Higher Executive Officer)

£ 23,462p.a. - £28,563p.a.

It is expected that the successful candidates will accept the appointment at the lower end of the salary range in all but the most exceptional circumstances.

Location - Victoria Street, London.

Description

Up to nine Policy Analysts are needed urgently to work on short terms assignments of up to a maximum of twelve months in the Commission for

Africa Secretariat. The work will involve coordinating commissioned research on policy issues arising from the Commission's work on:

Natural Resources; Human Development; Governance; Peace and Security; Culture and Participation; Growth; Integration; Finance and Service Delivery.

This is an excellent opportunity to become involved in interesting and innovative policy work in a key, high profile priority area for the UK's Presidencies of the G8 and the EU.

Background

In 2005, the UK will have the Presidency of the G8 and the EU. This represents a unique opportunity for the UK, and for the Prime

Minister to push for increased commitment to poverty elimination in Africa. The G8 already has a set of commitments to Africa (the G8

Africa Action Plan), which were agreed at Kananaskis under the Canadian Presidency of the G8 in 2002, and which will be reviewed at

the G8 summit in 2005. To encourage all actors to implement existing commitments, to stimulate new thinking on Africa, and to inform G8 discussions, the Prime Minister has decided to commission a special report on Africa.

The report will be comprehensive and radical. It will assess the challenges facing Africa that demand to be considered at all international and national networks, including, but not restricted

to, the G8. It will be particularly important that its recommendations are pertinent to the European Union (which is a vital player in Africa's development on aid and trade in particular) and to African governments, whose implementation of the right policies is central to poverty elimination in Africa.

The Commission for Africa Secretariat has been established to support Commissioners in their work in each theme, manage the overall process

and pull together the final report. The team is based in DFID, but includes staff from across Whitehall and outside.

Duties

The Policy Analysts will provide support to the Commissioners and Theme Managers by conducting analysis and managing commissioned research on policy issues arising from the Commission's work on each of the following themes: Natural Resources; Human Development; Governance; Peace and Security; Culture and Participation; Growth;

Integration; Finance and Service Delivery. Each Policy Analyst will provide support and report to a Theme Manager. The process is very

dynamic and fluid - the overall nature of the report and the specific job description could be subject to change. Day to day work is likely

to include:

Policy research and analysis, under supervision of the Theme

Manager, according to a plan agreed with Commissioners and in line

with the priorities of the policy team.

Assist in the identification and liaison with stakeholders,

organisation of Commission-led meetings and input into other meetings.

Preparation of background papers related to themes - based on

research, analysis and consultation events.

Analysis and collation of inputs received through consultation

meetings and submissions, including website forums related to a

particular theme.

Commissioning, managing and co-ordination of research on the

particular theme being worked on.

Skills Required

The roles require technical knowledge/background in one or more of the following themes: Natural Resources; Human Development; Governance; Peace and Security; Culture and Participation; Growth;

Integration; Finance and Service Delivery. Proven experience in report writing would be advantageous. Experience working on high level international processes would also be useful, as would knowledge of Africa.

The candidates will need to be flexible and able to cope well with change as the job description may evolve. The work will be high profile and you will be expected to be able to cope with working to tight deadlines.

Competencies

Working with Others

Analytical Thinking and Judgement

Managing knowledge and Information

Communicating and Influencing

Forward Thinking

ATJ, WWO and MKI are particularly key requirements for these posts.

Applications / further information

Selection will be based on merit, taking into account DFID's Equal Opportunities Policy.

Interested applicants are required to state clearly which Policy Theme/s you wish to be considered for and in addition to a standard

application form, provide a one sided A4 written narrative on not only how you meet the competencies but also covering your skills and

knowledge and how you would apply them to these high profile priority posts.

The completed application form and written narrative along with your most recent Annual Performance Assessment Form must be e-mailed to d-mcdonald2@dfid.gov.uk and copied to k2-alexander@dfid.gov.uk by

Friday 25th June 2004.

Successful applicants will be expected to take up these high corporate priority posts in the secretariat immediately. It is important candidates indicate the earliest possible start date and be aware that early availability may influence the boards decision.

Subject to responses received and the skills profile of successful applicants, the Secretariat reserves the right to make less than nine appointments, and may require suitably skilled applicants to take on tasks related to more than one subject area.

The Secretariat may also consider filling these positions with qualified applicants on loan from outside organisations.

Supporting Information and Application Form at http://www.dfid.gov.uk/

NGONGE   

Whoever gets that job will have to invite me for lunch sometime. I’m round the corner from Victoria Street.

Mine's a large Pizza please :rolleyes: