Sign in to follow this  
Baby_GurL

Is it Wrong to say,I'm from SomaliLand and Somalia?

Hey All My Nomad Peeps,

I would like to know ur opinions on Qabils is it wrong to say dat I'm from SomaliLand not Somalia.

I Just wanna know becuase many ppl tell me that we are all the same and I agree wid them but Since somaliland is a independant country and has there own flag is it wrong to stand up and say I'm a SomaliLander...People up on here and let me know wat u think about Somalia and SomaliLand independency.

Holla At ur Gurl

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

jah   

Salam,frist off somaliland and somalia are NOT the same..Somaliland people are from the north ...just be proud of who are you..somaliland got thier independence in 1988 ,we have diffrent accents and ways of living..im not trying to change your opinion sis...im just telling ya my opinion...Peace. smile.gif

Naaaah I think we shouldn't label each other Somali Lander or Somali cause at the end of the day in the eyes of other nations we all just malis

And yeah PART of Somalia got there independence before the other part but that doesn't mean we not the same ppl . I mean for god’s sake do you know how many religions in India and they all live in harmony together beside now and then.

But if you feel like qaldaan then call yourself Somali Lander same if you like Reer Xamar then label yourself Somali.. If it were up to me i would do anything for the BLUE AND WHITE STAR flag although I am northern from cirgaabo...

Blessed   

But if you feel like qaldaan then call yourself Somali Lander same if you like Reer Xamar then label yourself Somali.. If it were up to me i would do anything for the BLUE AND WHITE STAR flag although I am northern from cirgaabo...

Sweetie, Northerners are not called qaldaans the correct term is reer waqooyi.. just telling ya cos it might get U into some trouble :D

Baby gurl

end of the day we are all somelis ethnicly. I am a Somalilander because I'm from taht region but I am also Somali. To non-Somalis I'm a Somali but to Somalis I prefer using the term Somalilander. And Somaliland and Somalia are not qabiils but nations. But Ethnicly they are both Somalis .. hence the name :D

What ever your comfortable with babes.

Originally posted by Ameenah:

And Somaliland and Somalia are not qabiils but nations.

Not Qabiil But nations mmh define that please .. how many nations live in (Somali+Somaliland) ?? 1 nation it is matter of qabiil if your qabiil lives @ north then you somalilander thats how it goes walaalo but anyhow its all good..

Blessed   

I really don't want to go there but I'll just calrify it for ya cos my wordings were a lil confusing.

Somalia = a country in shatters but a country non-the-less.

Somaliland = a country without recognition but considered a country by its inhabitants.

a country = a nation and since Somaliland is an independent state or functions as one it is a nation in its won right making Somalia (proper) another nation.

qabiil= tribe there is no tribe called Somaliland or Somalia ... na mean ?

so you have two 'nations' : Somalia and Somaliland - sad truth being that niether of them really exist :(

That is just My opinion, you don't have to agree.

Lefty   

You can call yourself whatever you feel happy to be called whether it's Somali or Somalilander or even Puntlander. Personally, I don't see any different from any somali speaking in horn of Africa. Italian Somaliland, British Somaliland, French Somaliland, and others are all Somalis but only difference of Colonial names. Anyone can use one name such as Somali or the other names but it's still beside the point.

------------

Wad up Nomads,

I'm still not going to change the way I feel about where I'm from...(SomaliLand) but with ur response i know now that everyone feels the same as me...Thanks 4 replying back with dissucsion and keep showin sum love.....

Peace

Kool_Kat   

Aren't we all the same...We all have the same color skin, believe in the same religion, speake the same language (only diff accents), have the same culture...So what's this Somali and SomaliLand...I sure don't go around saying I am from Puntlander (if that's a word), just cuz I am or my Ancestors are from the east...

I alwayz say I am Somali...And if need be, I add I am from the East part of Somalia...NOT PUNTLAND...

I have alwayz been a Somali...And alwayz will be a Somali, till the day I die...So if you refer yourself as a Somali or a Somalilander, in my eyes and in the eyes of many ppl from many diff nations, you are a SOMALI...

EAST, WEST, NORTH, OR SOUTH...Let's spread the love and stop the division...As they say "DEVIDED WE FALL"...And we have...

Baby_Gurl, here is a good scenario. Let us use the senior nomads here as an example. I know both of them very well.

Kool_Kat is from Somalia (She is Somalian :D )

Ameena is from Somaliland (She is Somalilander ;) )

One is Ina Xaaji Maygaan Foodcadde and the other is the daughter of Ismaaciil Amakaag.

The conclusion: They are both Somalis.

Blessed   

lol@ Libaax. who told you my aabos name?

Conspiracy

why do want argue with me walaalo! Maxaan kugu sameeyey lol

Kidding, if you think you have something worth debating then bring it on.

Suhair i know u somalilander....anywayz, to me somalia and somalialand are tottally differernt....that's all...i understand that we all are the same but when it comes to qabila everything change in ppls eyes...that's all i have to say...salam.

Kool_Kat   

LST, why must you reveal my identity in a public forum like that... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wait till daddy sees you...Boy are you in big trouble...

I wonder why these topics isla marki looga jawaabaa or shall i say loo buuxiyaa instead of the topics in the islamic forum....Some can be 0 replies in days....