Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Was prophet Muhammad(saw) white?

Modesty   

Salaamu Alaykum,

Yes, we all know our prophet was arab. I know that arabs weren't considered white until the 1930s. Was our prophet white? Or was he tan?

I'm not racist or anything, but I feel uncomfortable saying our prophet was white...do what people what to claim everything? Am I being paranoid?

it doesnt matter at all! believe that! message is universal and dont care your color or color of the messanger (saw)...it 4 all mankind!!

remember when u go before the Allah at judgement day! your color aint gonna matter! u know what matters! word to all believers & non-ones!!

Miriam1   

I can't help smiling....funniest post in a while

Rudy's response says it all.

:D

Ps. What happened in the 1930's for the arabs to be considered white?

bilan   

why do you care what color he was, Allah gives his message to whoever he chooses, regardless of their color. why would you be uncomfortable if he was white with blond hair and blue eyes that does not change the fact that he was a messenger of Allah.and his message is universal.

Castro   

^ Well said. Though the blonde, blue-eyed is a little stretch. I mean being blonde is synonymous with being dumb, ain't it? And I'm not being a racist or anything. Bwahahahaha*.

* Copyright of Sheherezade

bilan   

castro you know what i mean, (bieng whitest of white) smile.gif plus i did not know blond men are considred dumb

Castro   

Originally posted by bilan:

castro you know what i mean, (bieng whitest of white)
smile.gif
plus i did not know blond men are considred dump

Did you think dumb was the domain of blonde women only? What an utterly racist thing to say!

I think many of you are missing the undercurrent of trepidation surging through modesty as she ponders the question whether or not the prophet (Scw) was arab. If memory serves me right, not too long ago she claimed to have direct and inviolable propinquity to Arabs and hence by extention to the prophet Mohammed himself. Now comes the unwelcome word that arabs might not be what she always thought they were. Rather something all too different, all too pale, too fond of pork chops and other all too grating lifestyles... the poor thing is in precarious position; staring at the abyss; her whole world is sent topsy-turvy. Bear with her ya'all.

Modesty   

^hmmm, maybe according to descriptions of the prophet...he was "fair" in complexion, so it's what is considered white in today's time.

p.s. socodbadne, just because i happen to have dark complexion, doesn't mean i don't have arabic heritage.And when I say "arabic heritage", i'm not putting arabs on a pedestal or anything, that's just what I know at my family history. The question is, why are you worried about me? Are all somalis the same? I don't think so.Stop acting retarded.

Modesty   

The only reason i said i was uncomfortable with the rasul being considered "white" is that, through out the ages white people have in the name of their "superiority" pillaged and murdered the african continent, and the native americans.Even though it's not the fault of any white person living today (MC Hamar), their history is marred in my book. But, the thing is I would still follow the prophet Muhammad(saw) even if he was chinese.

Urban   

If it's that important for you to find out the Prophet's (pbuh) race, he was born in Makkah, so look at the peopple living in the khaleej like UAE, Saudi, qatar, oman etc... what skin color do they have?

bilan   

Modesty, you know that islam erases all color suprerioty, just read the last sermon of the prophet what did he say about color issue. white people who did all those things were not muslims,also i am sure white muslims the only history they consider theirs is islamic history juts as you, chinese and arab muslims do, so when you say their histoty, who's 'their'.