Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

ZIDANE: France need his magic.....

Zidane is a lovely bloke, but I hope they don't make it to the Semis or I'll be forced to hand over my beautiful new turquoise trilby.

Brazil and France will be a tough game. However the French play so well when they are underdogs. The Spanish were supose to win, and now Brazil like 1998 are suppose win.

Interesting....

Viking   

ALLEZ LES BLUES!

ALLEZ LES BLUES!

Football fans will miss Zizou when France bows out. He has a unique style of dancing around opponents with grace and precision. A style that no other player has or ever had.

I hope Jean-Marie Le Pen was choking on a croissant as he watched the African Les Blues.

Johnny B   

It felt like a dèja vu , LST vissiting me at work, as we were having a company dinner.

with Sweden, Ghana and the Macropodidaes( the surprise of the year) gone, we all supported France.

Now that Brazil is on the Menu, i can't help but think of the match between Brazil and Croatia, Brazil haven't convinced me much as a team when the tough gets going.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Viking:

ALLEZ LES BLUES!

ALLEZ LES BLUES!

Football fans will miss Zizou when France bows out. He has a unique style of dancing around opponents with grace and precision. A style that no other player has or ever had.

I hope Jean-Marie Le Pen was choking on a croissant as he watched the African Les Blues.

Le Pen was not - these French think that 'Les Noirs' are there to serve them. That is why I cannot support any French team however, non-white it may be.

p1.zidane.france.jpg

Zidane the football wizard conjures up more magic to marvel at

Amy Lawrence on France's zen master, a poetic playmaker with the fond label 'Zizou President'

Sunday July 2, 2006

The Observer

He walked off the pitch with a wink. While the younger ones cavorted in front of the blue corner, Zinedine Zidane took himself away from the limelight. He embraced a few desolate Brazilians, saluted some unused substitutes, stood back from the party and took his leave. It is always best to watch the quiet ones.

France began this tournament saddled with worries about the ageing legs at the heart of their team, but they have changed their tune. Allez les vieux. The capacity to inspire beats on inside Zidane.

292804-1236773-458-238.jpg

Zidane puts France into the final

10.07PM, Wed Jul 5 2006

Zinedine Zidane gave France a vital 1-0 win over Portugal with a penalty that handed them a place in the World Cup final.

Eight years after their Zidane-inspired home triumph, Les Bleus will feature in the title match of the showcase tournament for the second time when they face Italy on Sunday in Berlin.

Zidane got the winner after 33 minutes by converting a penalty after Thierry Henry's ankle was caught by Ricardo Carvalho.

Portugal, playing their second semi-final after reaching the last four in 1966 with Eusebio in their ranks, have to be content with challenging hosts Germany for third place on Saturday in Stuttgart.

Both sides traded early chances in a lively opening in Munich and Portugal had a great opportunity after nine minutes, with Maniche firing just over the bar from the edge of the box.

Ronaldo, booed by large sections of the crowd every time he touched the ball, was a permanent danger and came close to scoring after a fine move which saw his shot deflected shortly before the break.

France, however, looked in control for large spells and deserved their halftime lead, which they nearly doubled early in the second half with attempts by Henry and Franck Ribery.

Portugal kept coming at France but were repeatedly denied by a watertight French defence.

France did survive a late scare when a Luis Figo header flew over the bar after Fabien Barthez scooped a Ronaldo free kick into the air.

But the French managed to hold out for the win.

nuune   

^^^ Duke, you are obsessed with this man, anyway I have lost ineterest for this world cup, not a good final, and not a good promising final, where is hype, where is the xaraarto, where is the fun, none is there at the moment.

As for the French team, their performance for tonight was much worse than theeir openeing two games

^^^ Nuune, my apologies old man, who was you with? Oh they are out right icon_razz.gif .. As for Zidane, my all time greatest player , he is doing ever so well. A bad performance but it matters not for France beat, Spain, Brazil and now Portugal.

The Italians were not my choice to face, I much prefered the hosts.

I remmeber Euro-1996, held in England. when I was a young lad, and I first came across le Blue, since then I have supported them, and as a Juventus fan I was aw struck by the legendery Zidane in his time in Italy.

This brings back memories for me and millions of others who enjoyed the sheer skill of the bald wonder. The fact that the final will be his last ever game, is a great story do you not agree??...

Nuune are you kidding me? this is one of the best world cup semifinal since maybe the 90, the game against germany and italy was classic and on the other hand you have france, who not many ppl gave them chance to even get out of the first round but they managed to beat all the heavyweights..and to defence of G.Duke Zidane is showing his heart and his skills equally and to be in his final world cup you have to love him even if you are not a france fan..

Go France or as they say here alles les blues!

nuune   

Well, one thing for sure, it is a Europe Cup, that is all matters to me at the moment.

Duke, am not saying the man, well your greatest player I mean is not a talented fella, he is indeed, but it is unfair for France to be even in this final, same for the Italians, both didn't deserve to be here at all!

The French are getting too cocky again. They really didn't want the ball ... or pay much attention to Portugal. They let these boys have the ball all second half.

Great defending however ... which shows you they can shut down the greasy boys.

Final game is going to be hot. Zidane seems exhausted.

Nuune cheer up. lol.

Well, one thing for sure, it is a Europe Cup, that is all matters to me at the moment

No South Ameican team has won in Europe since Brazil in 1958.. This has come out again. One should not underestimate the hate between Italy and France.

Originally posted by nuune:

it is unfair for France to be even in this final

waxaas yaa laga maqlin mardambe hada waa lugu qalayey :mad:

GD, Zizou is the best there is the best there was the best there ever will be. This team insha allah will be the world champion.